WR Josh Gordon Facing An Indefinite Suspension

Vic Mackey

He is saying he is stepping away from football to focus on his mental health but reports are saying he is facing an indefinite suspension for violating his terms of reinstatement.

hi-res-0e5df81754a1c4fd5c90926c1d4e95f9_

48417162_2333612290011814_14104188428400

According to NFL Network's Tom Pelissero, Gordon is facing an indefinite suspension by the NFL for "violating terms of his reinstatement under the substance abuse policy." ESPN's Adam Schefter added: "Final punishment yet to be decided, but Gordon not expected to play again this season or maybe ever again."

New England acquired the 27-year-old Gordon in a trade with the Cleveland Browns in September. The Pats sent a 2019 fifth-round pick to Cleveland as part of the deal.

In 11 games with the Pats this season, Gordon caught 40 passes for 720 yards and three touchdowns. He also made one grab for 17 yards and a touchdown in his only game with the Browns this season.

Gordon did not play at all in 2015 or 2016 due to multiple violations of the NFL substance abuse policy, but he did return to the Browns to appear in five games last season.

The 2013 Pro Bowler has officially been suspended on four different occasions for substance abuse issues, including a 10-game ban in 2014 and a 16-game suspension in 2015.

Gordon missed the start of training camp this season to receive counseling and treatment.

The former Utah and Baylor standout is among the NFL's most talented and productive wideouts. In 2013, Gordon led the NFL with 1,646 receiving yards, scored nine touchdowns and was named a first-team All-Pro.

Gordon's departure comes at a trying time for the Patriots, who have lost two games in a row and are third in the AFC at 9-5. If the season ended today, New England would not have a first-round playoff bye for the first time since the 2009 campaign.

Without Gordon, quarterback Tom Brady figures to focus primarily on slot receiver Julian Edelman, tight end Rob Gronkowski and running back James White in the passing game. Receivers Chris Hogan, Phillip Dorsett and Cordarrelle Patterson also figure to have a bigger role down the stretch.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2811715-josh-gordon-stepping-away-from-nfl-to-focus-on-mental-health-thanks-patriots

Thurgood: I'm here today because I'm addicted..to marijuana.
Rehab patient: You in here 'cuz of marijuana?! Man, this is some BULLSHIT!
Bob Saget: Marijuana is not a drug. I used to suck dick for coke.
Rehab patient: I seen him do it!
Bob Saget: Now that's an addiction, man. You ever suck some dick for marijuana?
Thurgood: No, I can't say I have.
Bob Saget: I didn't think so.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, slorch said:

NE’s in the twilight of their dynastic run.  

Nice to see.

We'll see. I remember this was said earlier this decade and then they reeled off 3 Super Bowl appearances in a row, winning 2 of them. But with Brady getting older, I can see it happening. 

Just now, Patrick Bateman said:

He's done in the NFL, so I hope he can get his sobriety under control and lead some sort of productive life.  I have my doubts, which is sad.

Pats took a chance on an addict and they got burned, which was inevitable.  Fuck em'.

I'm sure the XFL will take him. These are the kinds of guys they need to go after. And Kap. They need names people recognize, unlike the first time they operated.

19 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I'm sure the XFL will take him. These are the kinds of guys they need to go after. And Kap. They need names people recognize, unlike the first time they operated.

the Redskins and Bengals are both organizations that are still out there. They take violent woman beaters and criminals so this fuck up has a shot.

Just now, Escapedgoat said:

the Redskins and Bengals are both organizations that are still out there. They take violent woman beaters and criminals so this fuck up has a shot.

This is true but this will be up to Goodell if he ever plays again. I doubt he does. This was his last shot. And he blew it.

2 hours ago, victory88 said:

Also likes the white powder... dude can’t stay clean what so ever.

This is the only one that matters.

Alcohol & Weed are legal in many states and will soon be out of the collective bargaining agreement. 

Blow is the one that needs to be avoided during the season, though Lawrence Taylor & Michael Irvin are fist-bumping and laughing while reading my post.

In a decade, people will shake their heads that weed was ever a reason to get suspended. 

THE NFL: You can beat women, but don't do it on camera. You can have your boys rough up, or murder someone, just don't have your cell phone on you and spit out chewing gum along the way and have your security cameras catch you hiding your guns when you return home. But if you smoke weed too much.... you're OUTTA HERE!!!

5 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

So, are his "mental issues" the fact that he can't stop smoking weed, or is he using  weed to combat his mental issues?  

Has he had any actual legal issues?  

I would think it’s a combination of both. I know plenty of people who smoke weed to combat their internal struggle. Not saying it’s the right thing to do, but anyone that says you can’t get addicted to weed is lying to themselves IMO.

Nobody in their right mind would waste talent like this, and I’m sure he feels it more than anyone. Hopefully he gets the help he needs, because I have a bad feeling about where things could be headed for him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Uhm, he didn't actually ever play a down for Utah IIRC.
I did not know he was ever at Utah at any time.

He got kicked out of Baylor after his sophomore year, and it was too late to enter the supplemental draft. Transferred to Utah, but never played. Went to NFL the next year.

26 minutes ago, slorch said:

I've never done weed.

i cannot comprehend out of my vices, how any of them could cost me my job, regardless of the difference in salary.

Is weed THAT fucking good?

Some people have addictive personalities. It's a lot easier for them to have willpower than won't power. Looks like the guy will put in all the work to be successful, but can't lay off the drugs. I've never heard of him doing anything out of line, other than he can't keep his hands off the illegal substances. Anybody else on here heard of anything? 

If it's just drugs, I feel for the guy, a lot more than I feel for guys who beat up girlfriends/wives or guys like Parrish Cobb. 

• Like 1

There was an article on his personal life & upbringing not long ago. He was expelled from a private school in Houston after freshman year & enrolled at Lamar HS. Said he joined a gang, started breaking into cars, doing drugs, and that he brought a gun to school for protection almost everyday.

Point is, he’s been fucked up for a while. The gang/burglary/gun stuff really felt made up by his agent to sell a better story, but I don’t doubt he’s been a drug addict & alcoholic most of his life.