Academy Sports & Outdoors Texas Bowl (Indoors) - Baylor vs Vanderbilt

El Diablo

1 minute ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I've said it once, and I'll say it again. Texas needs two of Baylor, TCU and Tech to be 8-9 win teams to prop up the conference SOS. 

Rhule appears to have Baylor on the brink of that. TCU appears to be in a long decline. Come on Tech. 

This. Being the best team in a great conference is much better than being the best team in a shitty conference. There is room on the spectrum between aggy and cheering against every conference opponent every non-conference game.

This. Being the best team in a great conference is much better than being the best team in a shitty conference. There is room on the spectrum between aggy and cheering against every conference opponent every non-conference game.

I don’t cheer against every conference opponent, just the ones we recruit against and the ones that are an embarrassment by association.

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

Tech is the most palatable of the other Power 5 in state schools for many, many reasons.  

6 minutes ago, MrPhlegm said:

PPOOOOOOOOOOOOORRR

aggggggggyyyyyyyyssssss

PPOOOOOOOOOOOOORRR

aggggggggyyyyyyyyssssss

PPOOOOOOOOOOOOORRR

aggggggggyyyyyyyyssssss

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3010966

they are too stupid to figure out the #6 in a conference with 10 teams Vs #11 in a conference with 14 teams

never mind that both are 6-6 and they claim the SEC SEC SEC is superior so the SEC SEC SEC 6-6 should just mean more

Edited by ButtFumble

6 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

they are too stupid to figure out the #6 in a conference with 10 teams Vs #11 in a conference with 14 teams

never mind that both are 6-6 and they claim the SEC SEC SEC is superior so the SEC SEC SEC 6-6 should just mean more

I knew that somehow this still meant the SEC was superior.

So far the two most entertaining bowl games have come from Big 12 teams. But this is why until (if ever) we have a true playoff system our conference should be in them. 

If you weren’t entertained by the the Cheez-it or Academy sports and Outdoors (indoor) bowl then your heart is made of stone. It’s to be entertained. I have no doubt Iowa State will do their best against Washington State as well. 

Edited by Nicole44
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CHEF RIBS W/ THE HAMM YALL said:

Vandy averaged 419 yds/game in total defense coming into this game.

Baylor, of all teams, missing its starting RB, hung 675 yards on them.

Baylor is the 6th or 7th best offense in the Big 12 by most metrics. OU or WV (with Grier) would drop 1k yards on Vanderbilt. 

People make fun of Big 12 defenses but the same shit would happen in other conferences with Big 12 offenses. 

Rhule has Baylor on the right track, I thought they were for sure finished for at least a decade. He has put together three really great classes for Baylor’s standards. TCU is also stacking developmental talent as usual, I expect them to be back next season with improved QB play. Oklahoma State is also on the rise, their offense will be tough in 2019. OU will take a step back without Murray, Brown, & that offensive line. Although they will probably be the most talented they’ve been in the playoff era. Iowa State has the pieces to continue success but competition will be stiffer next season. Lastly Texas will probably have the most talented roster we’ve had here in a long time, I think we’ll be more explosive but less consistent. I don’t know what to expect from Tech, The Kansas schools, or WVU & I don’t really care. The Big12 will be competitive & wide open, no reason we shouldn’t take the crown next season. 

• Like 1