Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, American Swindle said:

Maybe it was not his intent, but to deny that Trump has gotten a lot of the public to question Mainstream News outlets is to deny reality.  

Nice try?  What do you think I was trying?  

Sometimes it's hard to tell whether a person is a disingenuous troll or just stupid.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

45 minutes ago, American Swindle said:

Dude....seriously?

Do you think it is bad for society in general to ask critical questions about the information they are being fed by mainstream media outlets that have been undoubtedly outed as pushing false narratives?  

Name some of the false narratives the mainstream media has been outed for pushing. 

See what you need to understand about Swindle is that he rails against the MSM establishment for feeding the public an agenda while at the same time consuming an incredible amount of alt-right "news" media.

6 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

yall getting trolled.

He's actually not trolling.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, American Swindle said:

Yeah, i don't disagree with you at all, but it seems since I'm crediting Trump with the unveiling of the MSM's apparent biases to the masses (even though, as you said, only does it to CNN and not Fox News) then it's triggering the adamant anti-trumpers (like yourself) to convince me he's a piece of shit.  I'm already convinced, you don't have to sell me on the idea anymore. And I concede he shouldn't be given credit for it and it's just a result of insane modus operandi.   

All I'm saying is that it is good for us all to be critical of what these outlets spew to us. I mean for the love of all that is holy the examples are endless of false narratives that were proven to be lies:

RT hacked and took over C-Span

Russian Hackers Invaded the US Electric Grid (WP)

Trump Aide Anthony Scaramuccis involved in a Russian Hedge Fund (CNN) 

The Covington Story 

Russia Attacked US Diplomats at Cuban embassy using Microwave weapon (NBC/MSNBC/CIA) 

Trump created a secret internet server to covertly communicate with Russian Bank 

Paul Manafort Visited Assange 3 times in Ecuadorian embassy (Guardian)

Trump was offered advanced access to the WikiLeaks Email Archive (CNN/MSNBC)

Those aren't narratives. Some of those I've never heard of before. Some are just wrong. Take the example of the Russians hacking our electrical grid. That was a report put out by our own Dept. of Homeland Security. The media isn't pushing a narrative. They're reporting. They're not "pushing" anything, they haven't been "outed," and they're not wrong. Guess what -- other countries hack us too and we hack all of them. 

Something happened to our diplomats at the Cuban embassy. We don't know what, and nobody reported that it was definitely a microwave weapon nor that the Russians were involved. It was first thought to be an illness. There's only been speculation. No definitive cause has been identified because they don't have the evidence. American diplomats in China have suffered similar debilitating symptoms. This is something that's actually happening and no one is "pushing a narrative" about its cause. 

I'm going to assume the rest of your list is bullshit too. 

2 hours ago, American Swindle said:

Has Trump been right to criticize CNN and MSNBC as "fake news?" Do they try and control narratives?  

I say yes. 

Has Trump countered with alternate sources that are not credible? Likely Yes and No depending on who you speak to and the source, but at least an awakening has happened with regard to the MSM's game in the first place. 

Likely? Did I read that correctly? Fucking Likely.......as in it's possible, but not a certainty? No offense, but after reading that, I cant take a fucking thing you say seriously. Trump appeared on Info Wars for fucks sake

"Your reputation is amazing. I will not let you down," Trump told Alex Jones during a Wednesday afternoon appearance on the Infowars.com proprietor's show.

The ridiculous bullshit Trump has retweeted is a fucking joke. And yet you arent willing to fully commit to the idea that the guy who championed the Obama birther bullshit and suggested Cruz's dad was involved in JFKs assassination might be spreading fake news. Just fuck off with that bullshit.

Edited by Blotto
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, SameSame said:

All the trumpkins still believe that Infowars and Fox are just common sense goodness and look at things reasonably.  That will never change.

They're just fucking idiots.

Some of these folks, like Swindle, aren't trumpkins.  They are 9/11 truthers/conspiracy theorists.  These types flocked to Trump in 2016 because they are easily conned.  I think many have turned on him at this point, but they can be conned again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, American Swindle said:

Dude....seriously?

Do you think it is bad for society in general to ask critical questions about the information they are being fed by mainstream media outlets that have been undoubtedly outed as pushing false narratives?  

There's a difference between asking critical questions, and decrying all of media as "fake news".

If you hold them to a standard, that's what you should do. If you say they're all evil manipulators of information, then you have another agenda at play.  

11 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:
Oh - now you did it.    I bet he comes back with an "all of them"

Yeah you can't ask Trump supporters to provide evidence that doesn't require fact checking or even a basis in truth. It's their wheelhouse and entire existence.

An argument in the context of "just say whatever bullshit you want" is happening on their home court and you will lose

Edited by BradInATX

Kicked in the stomach is too good for such ilk. They should be kicked in the balls.

Gorsuch is a fundamentalist corporatist and Kavanaugh is a fundamentalist low-life. Any leftist who voted for Trump wants to see the whole thing burn down. Because they’ll never see new leftist legislation upheld by the courts anytime soon.

27 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Oh - now you did it.    I bet he comes back with an "all of them"

An obvious one was the monomaniacally held belief that Trump conspired with the Russians to steal the election from Hillary.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Swindle, your list screams "I got this from Drudge or some other far-right spew factory", but let's assume some of it happened.  Have you ever noticed what CNN does when they get a story wrong?  They issue a retraction and sometimes an apology.  Have you ever noticed what FOX does when they get a story wrong, which happens at probably 10X the rate CNN does?  FOX does nothing.  Which media outlet is more interested in driving a narrative and which is more interested in telling the truth?

Wrong. Glenn Greenwald, a Leftist who got the Russia-Trump Hoax right. 

Both are equally shitty.

46 minutes ago, elguapo said:

Some of these folks, like Swindle, aren't trumpkins.  They are 9/11 truthers/conspiracy theorists.  These types flocked to Trump in 2016 because they are easily conned.  I think many have turned on him at this point, but they can be conned again.

That's rich given the last 3 years we were hammered with arguably the biggest conspiracy theory/hoax in history. 

What evidence do you have that I'm a 9/11 truther/conspiracy theorist? 

Your straw man BS is what it is, bullshit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

Lol at “I know a bunch of liberals that voted for trump.” That is complete horseshit on its face. 

I've personally met some of them.  They were pissed off Bernie Supporters that hated Hillary and voted Trump to protest.  

Cassandra Fairbanks is one of them.  I mentioned her in the Assange thread. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Lauding the world's biggest bullshit artist for "calling out bullshit" impairs your credibility on this subject.

All I said was the silver lining for me with regards to Trump's presidency is that the masses are more skeptical and critical of MSM, WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY CONCEDING THAT HE DID'NT INTEND TO MAKE IT HAPPEN OUT OF VIRTUE OR TO DO THE RIGHT THING BUT RATHER IT BEING A RESULT OF HIS INSANE SELF-SERVING MODUS OPERANDI is lauding him?  

I don't think so, nice try but nah...that ain't it. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, American Swindle said:

All I said was the silver lining for me with regards to Trump's presidency is that the masses are more skeptical and critical of MSM, WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY CONCEDING THAT HE DID'NT INTEND TO MAKE IT HAPPEN OUT OF VIRTUE OR TO DO THE RIGHT THING BUT RATHER IT BEING A RESULT OF HIS INSANE SELF-SERVING MODUS OPERANDI is lauding him?  

Being irrationally and unreasonably "skeptical and critical" is not a virtue; it is a mental disorder. 

11 minutes ago, American Swindle said:

What evidence do you have that I'm a 9/11 truther/conspiracy theorist? 

Well you admitted as much in another thread:

On 3/28/2019 at 11:17 AM, American Swindle said:

Funny you bring up 9/11. I've grown to realize it's not something that is productive to speak on with the general circus going folk.  I basically concluded that nothing is out of the realm of possibility when it comes to the corruptible nature of human beings.  Having said that,  I probably have very few posts in 9/11 forums (none on here) and mostly on Shaggy

But I also know who you are IRL.

21 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Being irrationally and unreasonably "skeptical and critical" is not a virtue; it is a mental disorder. 

Yeah, but I didn't say that.  It's arguable and debatable, but it's an objectively good thing, in my opinion, that we all question the same apparatus that sold us on WMDs amirite?  

7 minutes ago, American Swindle said:

And just because you know who I am in real life doesn't mean you know me and vice versa right?

Nah I just know that you were obsessed with Loose Change for a long time and told anyone who would listen all about it.

1 minute ago, elguapo said:

Nah I just know that you were obsessed with Loose Change for a long time and told anyone who would listen all about it.

That was like 13 years ago.  Do you think it's at all possible that some people actually grow over time and change their positions and opinions as they grow?  

29 minutes ago, American Swindle said:

He. Is. NOT. Skeptical.

Skepticism arises out of a perspective that values objective truth and reality.  He is 100% opposed to those things.

With respect to every virtue that skepticism brings to the table, Trump champions the exact opposite of those virtues.  A story is "true" if it speaks positively of Trump.  It is "fake news" if it speaks negatively of Trump.  Objective truth has literally ZERO VALUE in his calculus and approach.  In other words, if you value a world in which the standard for journalism is objectivity, fact-based reporting, with limited agenda, Trump is the fiercest enemy of that world imaginable.  He is not a silver lining.  He is poison.  His goal is destruction of all objective truth, so that the only "truth" is what the regime says it is.

Your premise is based on valuing objective truth and honesty.

Your "silver lining" is a man who wages war against those things.  

"We had to destroy the village in order to save it" has always been a stupid position.  You shouldn't resurrect it.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

With respect to every virtue that skepticism brings to the table, Trump champions the exact opposite of those virtues.  A story is "true" if it speaks positively of Trump.  It is "fake news" if it speaks negatively of Trump.  Objective truth has literally ZERO VALUE in his calculus and approach.  In other words, if you value a world in which the standard for journalism is objectivity, fact-based reporting, with limited agenda, Trump is the fiercest enemy of that world imaginable.

* There is a reason that Freedom of the Press is laid out in the 1st Amendment.  It was always seen as one of, if not THE strongest tools in fighting tyranny.

* There is a reason that authoritarians lash out at the press before any other mark.

Roughly half of the citizens of this country aren't very smart, and they simply cannot put these two facts together and realize that what they are advocating for, while SEEMINGLY "American" in their eyes (because they've been told this is true), is actually the opposite of "American".

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

He. Is. NOT. Skeptical.

Skepticism arises out of a perspective that values objective truth and reality.  He is 100% opposed to those things.

With respect to every virtue that skepticism brings to the table, Trump champions the exact opposite of those virtues.  A story is "true" if it speaks positively of Trump.  It is "fake news" if it speaks negatively of Trump.  Objective truth has literally ZERO VALUE in his calculus and approach.  In other words, if you value a world in which the standard for journalism is objectivity, fact-based reporting, with limited agenda, Trump is the fiercest enemy of that world imaginable.  He is not a silver lining.  He is poison.  His goal is destruction of all objective truth, so that the only "truth" is what the regime says it is.

Your premise is based on valuing objective truth and honesty.

Your "silver lining" is a man who wages war against those things.  

"We had to destroy the village in order to save it" has always been a stupid position.  You shouldn't resurrect it.

Never said he (Trump)was skeptical, only that during this whole shit show the last 3 years, that it's good the general public is more skeptical of the information they are being fed by the narrative controllers.  

Doesn't matter, we'll still get the shit sandwich come 2020.