Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

Conservatives: "You liberals are so fucking stupid! Run by the out-of-touch hollywood elite! Worshiping at the alter of fame. What do celebrities know about politics!"

Also conservatives when any human being with one foot in entertainment espouses a non-liberal talking point: "Look at the wisdom! Quick, better get him on Fox and Friends every Tuesday for the next 2 years."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BrickHorn said:

So true.  The MAX8 is perfectly safe.  The only thing that killed 400 passengers was bad branding.  Just rebrand it the 737 MAXSAFE and start flying it again.  Problem solved!

To be fair, he did say to fix it.

Do something!

Cher can now join other notable experts on Fox News like Diamond and Silk. And yes, California should do more for homeless, especially veterans but isn't that supposed to be taken care by oh, I don't know, the office of Veterans Affairs?

Edited by mdmost

17 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

You know what, Icono? Fuck you. You’re a piece of shit. 

You know what I won’t shut up about Omar and her ilk. Every country that political Muslims have gotten involved in they have turned to shit. First Iran and most recently Turkey. They tried to do the same in Egypt but luckily Sisi saved them. The Copts are grateful for that. I have personal experience with assholes like her and celebrate her downfall. Get out of your liberal bubble. Muslims on their own are fine and that’s your perspective as a fellow Houstonian living with them in our community. I don’t want them to ever be a force politically or in sheer numbers in this country. Check out France and Belgium and their Jewish community to see how that’s working out.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan
  • Fuck You 10

3 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

IT will be openly celebrating when Omar gets assassinated, because he's a good Christian and she's an evil Muslim.

I will not if that were, God forbid, to happen. She is a child of God like all of us. She is a dangerous force politically. That’s why I oppose her. I also have a visceral, negative reaction to hijab wearers and her statements and support by useful idiot progressives that it is beautiful and should be celebrated annoys the hell out of me.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan
  • Fuck You 4

2 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

You know what I won’t shut up about Omar and her ilk. Every country that political Muslims have gotten involved in they have turned to shit. First Iran and most recently Turkey. They tried to do the same in Egypt but luckily Sisi saved them. The Copts are grateful for that. I have personal experience with assholes like her and celebrate her downfall. Get out of your liberal bubble. Muslims on their own are fine and that’s your perspective as a fellow Houstonian living with them in our community. I don’t want them to ever be a force politically or in sheer numbers in this country. Check out France and Belgium and their Jewish community to see how that’s working out.

I mean if you really wanna go there, I would argue that the slicing and dicing and colonization of the middle east after WWI has more to do Iran and Turkey (and pretty much every middle east nation) being sheisty than the fact that "MOOSLEMS!!one!!!" are in leadership there. I think you're really concerned about radicalism, and you don't like brown people (despite being of middle east descent yourself), so it's easier to attack the radical brown people instead of radical people generally.

Because then you would need to face the fact that white nationalist extremism is growing at an alarming pace, and that pot is being stirred and seasoned by the whitehouse

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lemonlime said:

If Iconclast's statement that Trump's hate tweets get more likes than anything else, well then I'm out on Brisket's ledge if there are that many deplorables.  

There are way more than 200,000 deplorables in this country. The people who like the bigoted things he says about Muslims numbers in the tens of millions.

8 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

I will not if that were, God forbid, to happen. She is a child of God like all of us. She is a dangerous force politically. That’s why I oppose her. I also have a visceral, negative reaction to hijab wearers and her statements and support by useful idiot progressives that it is beautiful and should be celebrated annoys the hell out of me.

You are more dangerous than Omar.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

There are way more than 200,000 deplorables in this country. The people who like the bigoted things he says about Muslims numbers in the tens of millions.

I'm going to estimate that number at 0.4 X 327E6 = 131 million.  Give or take.

Confirming what I posted earlier. Completely agree with political calculus they’re making.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/15/us/politics/trump-ilhan-omar.html

“Mr. Trump and his team are trying to make Ms. Omar, one of a group of progressive women Democratic House members who is relatively unknown in national politics, a household name, to be seen as the most prominent voice of the Democratic Party, regardless of her actual position. And they are gambling that there will be limited downside in doing so.

But Mr. Trump’s electoral success in 2016 was based partly on culture wars and fears among an older, white voting base that the country it knew was slipping away. Like his hard line on immigration, his plays on fears of Muslims — including inaccurately conflating them with terrorists — proved polarizing among the wider electorate, but helped him keep a tight grip on his most enthusiastic voters. In the South Carolina Republican primary in February 2016, for instance, exit polls showed that 75 percent of voters favored his proposed Muslim ban.”

• Fuck You 1

Just now, Iconoclast Texan said:

Confirming what I posted earlier. Completely agree with political calculus they’re making.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/15/us/politics/trump-ilhan-omar.html

“Mr. Trump and his team are trying to make Ms. Omar, one of a group of progressive women Democratic House members who is relatively unknown in national politics, a household name, to be seen as the most prominent voice of the Democratic Party, regardless of her actual position. And they are gambling that there will be limited downside in doing so.

But Mr. Trump’s electoral success in 2016 was based partly on culture wars and fears among an older, white voting base that the country it knew was slipping away. Like his hard line on immigration, his plays on fears of Muslims — including inaccurately conflating them with terrorists — proved polarizing among the wider electorate, but helped him keep a tight grip on his most enthusiastic voters. In the South Carolina Republican primary in February 2016, for instance, exit polls showed that 75 percent of voters favored his proposed Muslim ban.”

Never underestimate the racism of the American people.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

You just want to protect your high-end Chinese restaurants filled with Jews.  That thread alone showed how out of touch you are with cultural norms, and how diverse people should treat one another. 

That thread was mostly in jest and you know it. It was about seeking a good Chinese restaurant on Christmas Day with the joie de vivre of Jews enjoying their take on the holiday.

36 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

I hate to break it to you, but Sisi is a Muslim too. 

23 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

He is a secularist. That is what is important.

lulz. 

Muslims ruin countries because they can't keep their religion out of politics. 

what about this muslim that kept his religion out of politics? 

well, i wasn't counting muslims that can keep their religion out of politics.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Ah yes, more culture wars and demonization of women and minorities in 2020. It really shows how the GOP has no real policy leg to stand on. I'm sure our resident small c conservatives will be along shortly to tell us otherwise. 

We should really make a Brisket ledge party. 

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

Who gives a shit what celebrities say...oh wait, she's agreeing with me. SEE, EVEN CHER AGREES WITH ME!

They do the same thing with CNN, WaPo, NYT, and every other "liberal" media outlet that they dismiss out of hand as "fake news" whenever a story they don't like is reported. 

9 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

lulz. 

Even better when he supports Christian politicians trying to interject religion into politics.

11 minutes ago, Skyline said:

Ah yes, more culture wars and demonization of women and minorities in 2020. It really shows how the GOP has no real policy leg to stand on. I'm sure our resident small c conservatives will be along shortly to tell us otherwise. 

We should really make a Brisket ledge party. 

It's also interesting and yet disheartening how the media is complicit in this game. I think it's driven largely by the clickbait culture of 21st century media.

Polarizing figures drive more clicks and so the coverage becomes disproportionate. And the vicious cycle continues. 

In sports, politics, entertainment, etc. this lazy reporting of "Wild card says something wild" really bores me, even though I presume it's a quick easy way to get eyeballs to your news site. Hell, it's basically how we ended up with this current problem in  the WH. 

24 minutes ago, TornACL said:

It's also interesting and yet disheartening how the media is complicit in this game. I think it's driven largely by the clickbait culture of 21st century media.

Polarizing figures drive more clicks and so the coverage becomes disproportionate. And the vicious cycle continues. 

In sports, politics, entertainment, etc. this lazy reporting of "Wild card says something wild" really bores me, even though I presume it's a quick easy way to get eyeballs to your news site. Hell, it's basically how we ended up with this current problem in  the WH. 

What is the media supposed to do when the guy with the dumbass tweets is literally POTUS 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

lulz. 

Well, the Evangelicals are ruining our country, so he might be on to something.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

lulz. 

Keep up here. Sisi is the President of a country that is 90% Muslim. A Muslim is going to rule that country no matter what. He is not an Islamist and is a secular, strongman ruler which is the best that a Middle Eastern country can hope for. 

2 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Keep up here. Sisi is the President of a country that is 90% Muslim. A Muslim is going to rule that country no matter what. He is not an Islamist and is a secular, strongman ruler which is the best that a Middle Eastern country can hope for. 

Which is why Bush took out Saddam Hussein...wait!

37 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:
(Golf)

jesus herbert christ.

i mean, i get that this is the new normal, having a president that tweets the most utter nonsense stream of consciousness bullshit, but the notre dame quote is beyond the normal absurdity of today. "must act quickly!"

why.

not.

done.