Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

7 minutes ago, Theo Huxtable said:

Who are the idiots who waiver in their support level of Trump? At this point, you know who we're dealing with. You either like him or don't. "Well, I didn't think he was doing a good job, but today I feel like I like him."

that's virtually no one.  his standard deviation on approval rating was the smallest ever and something like half of number 2.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

"lol, I used to fuck you guys over!"  If any one of them votes for him they are masochists.

It's worse than that if the tweet is correct.

"I used to only pay you guys 1%."

"Boo!"

"Well, OK I really paid you 4%-5%.  I moved on you like a bitch.  But I couldn't get there."

• Like 2

In the future, after Dotard’s fat ass is dead and gone, they should replace the “R” on every ballot with a picture of his dumb fucking face. That way nobody forgets that a party in this country helped this asshole at every turn. 

• Like 2

Just now, henrygandorf said:

is he assuming that all the people here illegally are following him on twitter?

seems like a stretch.

Yeah, it's always weird when he talks to people, companies, other countries, etc like they all live their lives on twitter and follow his inanities. 

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

In the future, after Dotard’s fat ass is dead and gone, they should replace the “R” on every ballot with a picture of his dumb fucking face. That way nobody forgets that a party in this country helped this asshole at every turn. 

Why wait until he is dead? Do it now.

It's going in this thread, because might as well.  Hackers, the door is unlocked, windows are up, etc:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/department-of-homeland-security-urges-cybersecurity-staff-to-deploy-to-border-instead?ref=home

The Department of Homeland Security’s cybersecurity agency is urging staffers tasked with handling cyber threats to set their day jobs aside and go on mini deployments to the U.S.-Mexico border after not enough officials within the agency agreed to step up for headquarters’ earlier request, according to an email obtained by The Daily Beast.

The effort to send more employees to the border comes amid concerns that the agency’s focus on the influx of migrants at the border is siphoning off DHS officials who should be handling other threats—especially to elections. DHS’s other components, including its intelligence arm, have also been asked to send volunteers to the border. It is unclear if those components have found enough volunteers to satisfy Headquarters. 

On Friday, the deputy director of Homeland Security’s Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) sent out an email asking employees to consider a “short-term deployment to the southern border,” ranging from 30 to 45 days, due to the “ongoing surge of migrants.”

Spoiler

“It is never easy to ask colleagues to take on extra challenges, but as DHS employees, serving the needs of the homeland is the cornerstone of what we do,” wrote Matthew Travis, CISA deputy director, to agency employees.

“If it is in your capacity to deploy, please give serious thought to volunteering,” he added.

Earlier this spring, top officials asked employees from all DHS entities to go volunteer at the border, according to a DHS official. The email went out because CISA is still working to send as many people as DHS Headquarters has asked for, the official added. In other words, not enough CISA employees want to step away from their cybersecurity work to focus on border security—at least, not yet.

“As we have consistently said, the Department is considering all options to address the humanitarian and security crisis at our southern border,” said Tyler Houlton, DHS acting assistant secretary for public affairs, in a statement. 

“We will continue to work with our workforce to find dynamic solutions and funding to address this very serious problem. As part of this effort, it is our responsibility to explore fiscal mechanisms that will ensure the safety and welfare of both our workforce and the migrant population, which is also reflected in the supplemental request submitted to Congress.”

Among the officials who were asked on Friday to assist the federal government at the border are those tasked with protecting the U.S. government’s cyber infrastructure—including election systems considered vulnerable in the run-up to 2020.  

DHS also said the deployments will not hamper the department’s other work. 

“DHS is fully capable of deploying more resources to address the crisis at our southern border while simultaneously maintaining our operational capabilities throughout the Department in order to carry out our mission to protect the American people,” said Houlton.

DHS has been urging its personnel who do not work for Customs and Border Patrol or Immigration and Customs Enforcement to volunteer at the border because they say those agencies need additional assistance due to the flow of migrants from the south. Roughly 400 employees of the Transportation Security Administration, for example, are expected to arrive at the border soon.

But DHS has not offered many details on what specific responsibilities these employees will handle. With many migrants traveling in large groups and often with young children, agents are spending much of their time attending to children, DHS officials have said.

The Border Patrol chief, Carla Provost, told the Senate Judiciary Committee on May 8 that some agents are serving primarily as “child care professionals, medical caregivers, bus drivers and food service workers.”

Apprehensions of migrants at the southern border have reached a 13-year high. In the last two months, Border Patrol apprehended over 200,000 migrants; the total for April—109,000—is the highest number for a single month since 2007.

Trump administration officials are saying they do not have enough resources to handle the influx, and have requested an additional $4.5 billion for their operations from Congress. Democrats on Capitol Hill have signaled a willingness to fund humanitarian assistance at the border, but have scuttled other uses of funding, like increasing beds in ICE detention facilities.

Edited by Francisco 2.0

8 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Nixon should've been imprisoned. Ford missed the chance to send a message to future presidents that no one is above the law. 

Well, that wasn't the deal they made.

Putin: Yo, Dotard...get these road blocks to full on election fraud out of my way.

Dotard: Yes sir!

*dotard diverts cyber security experts to go oversee kids in cages*

*Spoiler alert*

(Remember...they talked about teaming up with cyber security.)

On 5/17/2019 at 10:32 AM, jimmyjazz said:

So basically worse than all Presidents from Truman on, but it should be noted that GHW Bush and Gerald Ford couldn't convert their higher approval into a 2nd term.

That electoral college, though . . .

in regards to hw, i think that was more of a ross perot problem. the % breakdown that year was highly unusual, if i recall correctly. 

i still maintain ghwb was underrated. 

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

in regards to hw, i think that was more of a ross perot problem. the % breakdown that year was highly unusual, if i recall correctly. 

i still maintain ghwb was underrated. 

Perot had an unusually strong 3rd Party with United We Stand. I personally think he pulled a Trump but was smart enough to bail when he exceeded expectations. He still influenced the election. GHWB had a some campaign problems. He didn't know how much a gallon of milk cost. Grocery scanners amazed him. Then there was "read my lips" and halting the attack on Saddam. He was perceived as wishy washy. 

3 minutes ago, RPM said:

Perot had an unusually strong 3rd Party with United We Stand. I personally think he pulled a Trump but was smart enough to bail when he exceeded expectations. He still influenced the election. GHWB had a some campaign problems. He didn't know how much a gallon of milk cost. Grocery scanners amazed him. Then there was "read my lips" and halting the attack on Saddam. He was perceived as wishy washy. 

did perot officially bail?  he got like 19% of the vote. that’s crazy. 

18 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

It's going in this thread, because might as well.  Hackers, the door is unlocked, windows are up, etc:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/department-of-homeland-security-urges-cybersecurity-staff-to-deploy-to-border-instead?ref=home

Hide contents

“It is never easy to ask colleagues to take on extra challenges, but as DHS employees, serving the needs of the homeland is the cornerstone of what we do,” wrote Matthew Travis, CISA deputy director, to agency employees.

“If it is in your capacity to deploy, please give serious thought to volunteering,” he added.

Earlier this spring, top officials asked employees from all DHS entities to go volunteer at the border, according to a DHS official. The email went out because CISA is still working to send as many people as DHS Headquarters has asked for, the official added. In other words, not enough CISA employees want to step away from their cybersecurity work to focus on border security—at least, not yet.

“As we have consistently said, the Department is considering all options to address the humanitarian and security crisis at our southern border,” said Tyler Houlton, DHS acting assistant secretary for public affairs, in a statement. 

“We will continue to work with our workforce to find dynamic solutions and funding to address this very serious problem. As part of this effort, it is our responsibility to explore fiscal mechanisms that will ensure the safety and welfare of both our workforce and the migrant population, which is also reflected in the supplemental request submitted to Congress.”

Among the officials who were asked on Friday to assist the federal government at the border are those tasked with protecting the U.S. government’s cyber infrastructure—including election systems considered vulnerable in the run-up to 2020.  

DHS also said the deployments will not hamper the department’s other work. 

“DHS is fully capable of deploying more resources to address the crisis at our southern border while simultaneously maintaining our operational capabilities throughout the Department in order to carry out our mission to protect the American people,” said Houlton.

DHS has been urging its personnel who do not work for Customs and Border Patrol or Immigration and Customs Enforcement to volunteer at the border because they say those agencies need additional assistance due to the flow of migrants from the south. Roughly 400 employees of the Transportation Security Administration, for example, are expected to arrive at the border soon.

But DHS has not offered many details on what specific responsibilities these employees will handle. With many migrants traveling in large groups and often with young children, agents are spending much of their time attending to children, DHS officials have said.

The Border Patrol chief, Carla Provost, told the Senate Judiciary Committee on May 8 that some agents are serving primarily as “child care professionals, medical caregivers, bus drivers and food service workers.”

Apprehensions of migrants at the southern border have reached a 13-year high. In the last two months, Border Patrol apprehended over 200,000 migrants; the total for April—109,000—is the highest number for a single month since 2007.

Trump administration officials are saying they do not have enough resources to handle the influx, and have requested an additional $4.5 billion for their operations from Congress. Democrats on Capitol Hill have signaled a willingness to fund humanitarian assistance at the border, but have scuttled other uses of funding, like increasing beds in ICE detention facilities.

This isn't any different than 7-11 requiring their corporate employees to spend a week working at a gas station to understand and appreciate the purpose of their business.

The only difference is 7-11 deals in fountain sodas and snacks and DHS deals in human rights violations.

This isn't any different than 7-11 requiring their corporate employees to spend a week working at a gas station to understand and appreciate the purpose of their business.
The only difference is 7-11 deals in fountain sodas and snacks and DHS deals in human rights violations.

It’d be like asking corporate 7-11 employees to clean and set-up their new line of porta-potties.