Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

RBG is back in the hospital with a fever and chills.

I've never wanted to more wrong, but I don't think she will make it another year. Oh wait, but McConnell won't hold any hearings because he believes voters should deci... Sorry, i couldn't even finish the last sentence, 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm pretty sure a coup is volume knob 11 for the military, and we aren't anywhere near there.  Resignations would be worrisome, though, because they could mean those who would consider more drastic action no longer hold the position to do so.

Exactly, but if RBG dies we might need to go to 11

one more SC justice :

- they can go after birthright citizenship

- they can let R's draw districts as they see fit

- massive disenfranchisement of voters (non white voters)

- first generation citizens will be a target 

- LGBT will be 2nd class citizens

- civil rights will be heavily cut back

- women's rights will be heavily cut back

- SC will suddenly become very involved in election results

just to name a few 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

one more SC justice :

- they can go after birthright citizenship

- they can let R's draw districts as they see fit

- massive disenfranchisement of voters (non white voters)

- first generation citizens will be a target 

- LGBT will be 2nd class citizens

- civil rights will be heavily cut back

- women's rights will be heavily cut back

- SC will suddenly become very involved in election results

just to name a few 

The demographic tide will wash over them.  

Also, I don't think Roberts is a safe Republican vote when it comes to voter disenfranchisement, civil rights rollbacks, women's rights, election results etc...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Also, I don't think Roberts is a safe Republican vote when it comes to voter disenfranchisement, civil rights rollbacks, women's rights, election results etc...

He won't need to be if they get one more conservative judge

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Wait, didn't Roberts write the majority opinion in rolling back the Voting Rights Act on the basis that state governments aren't really engaging in racist practices anymore? And joined the majority in saying the fed courts have no role in stopping gerrymandering? Just as his pre-SCOTUS writings show, he's an elitist, arrogant, pro-inequality hack. I don't trust him to reliably take any position other than the old white dude-system-preserving one. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

Wait, didn't Roberts write the majority opinion in rolling back the Voting Rights Act on the basis that state governments aren't really engaging in racist practices anymore? And joined the majority in saying the fed courts have no role in stopping gerrymandering? Just as his pre-SCOTUS writings show, he's an elitist, arrogant, pro-inequality hack. I don't trust him to reliably take any position other than the old white dude-system-preserving one. 

correct 

1 hour ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

densegravebadger-max-1mb.gif

Thank you, Trump? For people absorbing the propaganda machine that exonerates you as abusing your power as you wreck shop on the Constitution and the Country? Have you divested your interests in your companies? Have your children ceased soaking taxpayers for their personal gain? Have you smeared feces all over your phone today?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Message Board User said:

I had a feeling Trump would back down.  Too many people in the military are not happy with the Gallagher fiasco.  He doesn't need a bunch of high-profile resignations right now.

btw, according to the Admiral over the special warfare folks, the Navy will also be reviewing three officers above Gallagher when they do his review on December 2.  They aren't fucking around, they are trying to clean things up.  And they've removed 150+ Tridents in the past 8 years.  150+ SEALs being booted out of the SEALs seems like kind of a big thing.

49 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I had a feeling Trump would back down.  Too many people in the military are not happy with the Gallagher fiasco.  He doesn't need a bunch of high-profile resignations right now.

btw, according to the Admiral over the special warfare folks, the Navy will also be reviewing three officers above Gallagher when they do his review on December 2.  They aren't fucking around, they are trying to clean things up.  And they've removed 150+ Tridents in the past 8 years.  150+ SEALs being booted out of the SEALs seems like kind of a big thing.

The other problem is if dotard kept butting in and pardoning war criminals then the clean warfighters would not be able to count on the UCMJ to weed out the assholes. That being the case the other alternative would be to frag the bad apples. I doubt that would be good for morale. 

It's kind of his MO.

Seriously. If you’re any kind of negotiator, wouldn’t you love to negotiate against trump?

I face opposing parties who are “trump-ish” on a regular basis (not NEARLY as absurd as him, but similar technique of loud bluster and clouds of dust...then when that’s over, they’ve got no backup plan). Advising clients opposing them is so damned easy: just wait them out. When they’re done yelling and threatening, you can do what you want.

I’m no genius, by the way. I’m pretty sure the third undersecretary of foreign affairs of Jerkoffistan has the same thing figured out. Trump is the most easily played president we’ve ever had.

• Like 1

Big question is whether Trump is willing to stop the Navy’s review board on December 2.  That board is made up of senior SEALs (NCOs and commissioned).   If Trump stops that board, that means he thinks the SEAL veterans will take Gallagher’s trident.

And this, like the treatment of Lt. Col. Vindman, is not getting good play on a lot of military forums and blogs.  Sure, it plays well to Trumpkins, but not to the military.   

9 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

As is noted in the article, it is hard to feel sorry for corporations, but the subversion of policy to extort citizens for Trump support is not going to bode well for our country, IMO. Is this the way it's always been or something new and different? It's not an issue with which I'm familiar.

The last 200 years of Central American history is nothing but this kind of behavior.

The only thing new is that it's now being done by total morons.

1 minute ago, Ted Lange said:

Holy Shit...

"I cannot in good conscience obey an order that I believe violates the sacred oath I took...to support and defend the Constitution of the United States"

Basically says out loud that trump doesn't respect the Constitution.

• Like 1