Dallas Cowboys 2019 Offseason Thread of Mediocrity

Assman

Miami, Cincinnati, maybe a team like San Diego if Rivers (38 by end of season) crashes hard or New Orleans if Brees (41 end of season) does the same .  Maybe the Giants if they don't like what they see from Jones or Tampa if Winston doesn't put up this year..  It's hard to know because front offices may be turning over but at least half of dozen teams or more are possible.  I'd imagine the Jones' would slap a tag on him, even if just transitional.

So miami trades for rosen and then just says, nah kets pay a qb 40m while we rebuild...
Giants use top 6 pick on qb then 1 year later decide fuck it....rivers isnt going anywhere

Ill give ya the saints if brees wins the decides to retire

7 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I took that as the cowboys camp leaked that just to show everyone why these negotiations aren’t going anywhere. This is laughable from all angles. Not sure why his agent would want to go public with that 

Because most understand that you try and do your business behind closed doors.  Trying to leverage either side in the press by leaking information is known to create acrimony and isn't appreciated.  It's a bush league move.  Agent may have just decided to fire back in the press to let them know they didn't appreciate the leak and now they'll pay for it.  It's silly how much the Jones' talk about their business in the public, meanwhile, Kraft is signing Brady for under market and getting tug jobs from ugly Asians behind closed doors.  Damn Feds.

11 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:

So miami trades for rosen and then just says, nah kets pay a qb 40m while we rebuild...
Giants use top 6 pick on qb then 1 year later decide fuck it....rivers isnt going anywhere

Ill give ya the saints if brees wins the decides to retire

Miami didn't give up much to get a look at a potential franchise QB.  But there's a lot of folks that don't think Rosen can play.  The Giants would depend on if Gettleman is still on board.  He's fucking awful but they're probably pot committed so the Giants would be a long shot unless a 3-13 season caused a management change.  As I stated, a lot of suitors would depend on injuries, front office and HC changes.  Young QBs get drafted over all the time.  See Rosen.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

Miami didn't give up much to get a look at a potential franchise QB.  But there's a lot of folks that don't think Rosen can play.  The Giants would depend on if Gettleman is still on board.  He's fucking awful but they're probably pot committed so the Giants would be a long shot unless a 3-13 season caused a management change.  As I stated, a lot of suitors would depend on injuries, front office and HC changes.  Young QBs get drafted over all the time.  See Rosen.

I get what you're saying...rosen is not a normal scenario imo...cant think of another team off the top of head that used b2b top 10 picks on a qb

Like you're stating with the possible jobs being open with some inference; im inferring in the opposite direction of course

On 8/11/2019 at 12:22 AM, DougO said:

Mike White actually threw two very nice passes on the last possession in between extended periods of being Mike White.

he absolutely did.  dak looked like the fraud that he is, and fuck him for demanding more than three times what he’s worth.  he’s a fucking piece of shit and will destroy the team if jerry lets him.  white was playing with an arena league o-line and if rush (or dak, for that matter) had the amount of time to throw that white had they would have played considerably worse because they are both worse players.  dak’s arm talent is not in the same ballpark as white.  when white actually gets to play with NFL players, which will happen this preseason, the media and all you fucking retarded fuckwits will go “oh gee look at that mike white is pretty fuckin good.”  he’s gonna sling it all over the fuckin field.  if white were starting amari cooper would have 2,000 yards in 2019.  fuck all of you you slapdick morons.  you’ll all be eating crow in a couple more weeks.

he absolutely did.  dak looked like the fraud that he is, and fuck him for demanding more than three times what he’s worth.  he’s a fucking piece of shit and will destroy the team if jerry lets him.  white was playing with an arena league o-line and if rush (or dak, for that matter) had the amount of time to throw that white had they would have played considerably worse because they are both worse players.  dak’s arm talent is not in the same ballpark as white.  when white actually gets to play with NFL players, which will happen this preseason, the media and all you fucking retarded fuckwits will go “oh gee look at that mike white is pretty fuckin good.”  he’s gonna sling it all over the fuckin field.  if white were starting amari cooper would have 2,000 yards in 2019.  fuck all of you you slapdick morons.  you’ll all be eating crow in a couple more weeks.

Lmao. Mike White is a fucking loser and a spare. Wow 2 whole passes? Neat.  Your personal vendetta against Dak is fucking hilarious. You can feel the rage in every reply you make about him and how often you bring him up.

He's going to be QB here for the duration of his career. Mike White will be working at Home Depot in a few years.

11 minutes ago, futureman said:

The problem mike White has is the fact that be cant beat out Rush in practice. Because you’re right, the 3rd team oline was awful. Mitch Hyatt was awful. But the coaches clearly like/trust Rush more based on what’s happening in practice. So I don’t see him getting the opportunity he would need with the 2nd team for him to even have a chance. But he has no pocket awareness. 

Just now, Vic Mackey said:

Lmao. Mike White is a fucking loser and a spare. Wow 2 whole passes? Neat.

Your personal vendetta is Dak is fucking hilarious. You can feel the rage in every reply you make about him and how often you bring him up.

dak is not good.  in fact he sucks.  the team around him has carried the team to wins and people argue that dak is a winning quarterback.  I’ll concede that he’s a bus driver that is in the bottom third of starting qbs in the league and should be making less than $10MM/year.  the sky is the limit for throwers, and mike white is a thrower.  dak is incapable of making the throws that white can and if white is given more than 1.5 seconds of protection he will show it.  if they’d let white play with the 1s he’d literally be unstoppable.

The problem mike White has is the fact that be cant beat out Rush in practice. Because you’re right, the 3rd team oline was awful. Mitch Hyatt was awful. But the coaches clearly like/trust Rush more based on what’s happening in practice. So I don’t see him getting the opportunity he would need with the 2nd team for him to even have a chance. But he has no pocket awareness. 
If you can't beat out Cooper fucking Rush, that says all you need about the talent level you have.

He doesn't actually believe Mike White is any good. It's just a long running schtick he has.

1 minute ago, Bone3421 said:

Thought good qb's are supposed elevate the team around them

dak would have played worse with the same players around him.  give white the first team and there isn’t a defense in the league that would stop him.  I just hope that red-headed feg isn’t too dumb to let him play with the 1s this preseason and jerry cuts him.  if he gets cut 100% belichick grabs him.  that guy sees talent where common people don’t.  

This whole thing is why I said in the spring they really need to open up the offense this year and let him sling it around a whole lot more. No more relying on a top two running back to carry the team. If you're even thinking about giving his dude 32 to 35 million dollars a year you have to see if he can shoulder the load and possibly be able to handle business once his contract causes the defense to drop out of the top 15 and the aging offensive line to drop out the top 10. 

1 minute ago, Bigbend1812 said:

Cowboys should counter with $20 mil a year. 

You blew it!

He has them over a barrel because even if they Kirk Cousins' his ass he'll still get a Cousins like deal when he gets off the franchise tags. This whole 30 million rejection/40 million counter isn't Dak talking to Stephen and Jerry. It's Dak's agent talking to them. I have confidence they'll meet with Dak himself at some point and hammer out a Wentz deal plus a little on top guaranteed.

2 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

He has them over a barrel because even if they Kirk Cousins' his ass he'll still get a Cousins like deal when he gets off the franchise tags. This whole 30 million rejection/40 million counter isn't Dak talking to Stephen and Jerry. It's Dak's agent talking to them. I have confidence they'll meet with Dak himself at some point and hammer out a Wentz deal plus a little on top guaranteed.

Thanks Junes! 

1 hour ago, Junior Miller said:

Maybe they should Josh Rosen him and threaten to trade him to the Raiders.

2 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

32 out of 32 GMs would take wentz over dak without having to think about it.  dak is not anywhere close to wentz. 

12 hours ago, Bigbend1812 said:

Only if it’s for AB.  You can have his ass

AB has perhaps become as big a problem child as Zeke, and seems to have lost a step...even before freezing his stupidass feet. Maybe we can get another former second round pick bust from them that won't be in the league much longer.

Edited by DougO

30 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Lol, other way around shitheads. Philly did something really stupid and now we can’t sign our guy for a reasonable price.

2DEF6C61-F216-462E-A418-E4E5D35DAC03.jpeg

Wether you believe it was a stupid move or not, there’s no doubt in my mind that the timing of their decision was with Dak’s pending contract in mind. They knew that wentz and his agent had a good argument for wentz getting more than Dak. 

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:
1 hour ago, futureman said:
how many endorsements will dak get backing up josh allen in buffalo?

How much per hour will Mike White make stocking shelves at Home Depot? 12?

Stop quoting the troll. He admitted to trolling  and adds literally nothing to the conversation but "Dak suks, lol." 

• Like 2

We have no definitive idea where the Dak and Zeke negotiations are. But Dak is in camp so I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt. I don't think he's worth $30M/yr but that appears to be the going rate. Guarantee three years of that, I guess, and get him signed. If he balks and/or really is seeking something stupid contract-wise, I make him play out this year and say we'll pay you based on how you do on the field in 2019. If the Boys win the SB, pay the man heez money.

Zeke is under contract for two more seasons and has proven time and again that he's a wild card off the field. I don't think anything that's happened so far is that big of a deal and he's already been dealt a 6-game suspension by Goodell. If I'm signing him now, it's much more team-friendly than he seems to want. Otherwise you can sit on the sidelines, not earn a dime and not move any closer to becoming a free agent.

The Cowboys do not need to set the market -- or negotiate against themselves -- for either one of these players IMO. They're both under contract for 2019.

• Like 2

Also, for what it’s worth, all credible reporters seem to agree that the 40mil/yr asking price was leaked by the cowboys camp. That makes a lot more sense IMO. It’s a dick move, but I also kind of understand. They want people to know how ridiculous these negotiations are going.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

Stop quoting the troll. He admitted to trolling  and adds literally nothing to the conversation but "Dak suks, lol." 

fuck off, crotch stain.  if you think I’m pro-dak you’re a moron.  if you think dak is a good qb you’re a moron.  I may seldom troll in more trivial threads but not here.  I've loved america’s team since the halcyon days of ‘92 and the fact that we’re about to get bent over a barrel by an overrated, overhyped fraudulent pile of shit at the qb position, effectively condemning the franchise to another full decade of mediocrity, makes me fucking sick to my stomach.  so eat a dick you okie cunt. 

12 minutes ago, futureman said:

fuck off, crotch stain.  if you think I’m pro-dak you’re a moron.  if you think dak is a good qb you’re a moron.  I may seldom troll in more trivial threads but not here.  I've loved america’s team since the halcyon days of ‘92 and the fact that we’re about to get bent over a barrel by an overrated, overhyped fraudulent pile of shit at the qb position, effectively condemning the franchise to another full decade of mediocrity, makes me fucking sick to my stomach.  so eat a dick you okie cunt. 

Ehhhhhh... the mike white thing is a troll job. At least I hope it is. 

Nice use of okie cunt though. Stache seems ok, but I support that type of thinking in general. 

4 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Wether you believe it was a stupid move or not, there’s no doubt in my mind that the timing of their decision was with Dak’s pending contract in mind. They knew that wentz and his agent had a good argument for wentz getting more than Dak. 

And the reverse is true too.  You don't think Dak's team has a really good argument for getting more than Wentz?

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
4 hours ago, futureman said:
how many endorsements will dak get backing up josh allen in buffalo?

How much per hour will Mike White make stocking shelves at Home Depot? 12?

He can land every weed eater on the hook from 30 ft away.  He deserves $12.50

• Like 1