Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

On 10/2/2021 at 4:50 PM, ChickenSandwich said:

Just picked up this guy today as well. Happy puppy day. 

51541798467_c6b56635fb_b.jpg

51543397386_f4d4cc0e4c_b.jpg

51544218679_1bf940544d_b.jpg

Hook em

He looks like he’s in that “I’m gonna be a chill pup” phase, which is of course a lie. But you still think maybe he’ll be the one to break the mold. And then you come home and he’s destroyed everything. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Dogs went to the vet yesterday. Asked what food they ate. Told him Blue is eating the $100 a bag prescription liver diet that aggy said she needed to eat for the remainder of her life.

"They repaired the shunt. Why would she need that?"

Damnit.

1 hour ago, Deej said:

Dogs went to the vet yesterday. Asked what food they ate. Told him Blue is eating the $100 a bag prescription liver diet that aggy said she needed to eat for the remainder of her life.

"They repaired the shunt. Why would she need that?"

Damnit.

so you trusted an aggy? that’s on you. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Blessings on you elfenix.  Biscuit could have never had a better best friend and neither could you.  Gonna be one helluva reunion for all of us good dog lovers one day and your sweet pup will be there for it.  Good doggo Biscuit-go and rest easy.

• Hook 'Em 1

Sister's 7 year old Boxer just dropped dead right in front of them this week. Apparently, they are prone to a heart condition that hits them between 5 and 7. 

So, they immediately went out and got another Boxer. 

Don't think I could risk dealing with that again.

9 hours ago, Deej said:

Sister's 7 year old Boxer just dropped dead right in front of them this week. Apparently, they are prone to a heart condition that hits them between 5 and 7. 

Dropped dead, huh?  Chagas disease is a possible cause as “just keeled over” is the hallmark of a Chagas caused death in what seemed to be perfectly healthy dogs. Of course, that would have to be proven through an autopsy. 

We won’t take out two dogs out to the deer camp during the summer months just to avoid the kissing bugs that carry Chagas.   

Edited by deadshank

1 hour ago, deadshank said:

Dropped dead, huh?  Chagas disease is a possible cause as “just keeled over” is the hallmark of a Chagas caused death in what seemed to be perfectly healthy dogs. Of course, that would have to be proven through an autopsy. 

We won’t take out two dogs out to the deer camp during the summer months just to avoid the kissing bugs that carry Chagas.   

https://www.uvsonline.com/arvc-in-dogs/

1 hour ago, Deej said:

I'm not disagreeing with you about boxers; however, Chagas is a real thing and not to be ignored.  One of the guys in our deer camp / meth head conclave had his dog drop right in front of us.  Have seen two bird dogs croak, as well.  Chagas was the cause.  Kissing bugs love dogs and dog bedding.

On 10/12/2021 at 7:45 PM, Deej said:

Shit like that is why we didn't get another Berner when my avatar died.  We couldn't knowingly do that again.

Penny busted out the front door of my mom's house today and took off after a bunch of deer, chasing them onto the ranch behind the house. Fuck. The entire time I'm thinking I'll never find that dog. A quarter mile later, I see something moving towards me through a bunch of underbrush.

"Did you see that? That was some fun shit."

Fuck you, Penny. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Just to pups being themselves. Yesterday AM, Rini, for the first time in the 11 years I've had her, houdini'd out of her gentle leader and leash. 20211014_221924.jpg20211015_205505.jpg20211012_004425.jpg

We live in their world and occasionally (such as once in eleven years) they remind us🙂

• Like 1

On 10/5/2021 at 6:24 PM, ChickenSandwich said:

8 weeks tomorrow (13.5lbs). Blown away by him already. Named Benson Goose (middle) but the niece and nephews have spoken and he will be called Goose. 

already figured out leash walking and knocking out 2 full walks a day. 

Maddox and Goose 

51556590375_b5d0daed17_b.jpg

Goose has this "what the F did you bring home" look on his face.  This never never leaves me alone

Good girl Zoey.  Can't wait to see you someday along with all of the other best friends that have blessed my life.  Sending my hopes to you JSB that the best memories you shared with this true companion will be comforting in this time of sadness.

• Hook 'Em 1