Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

2 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

My little Walmart greeter, Bonnie needs your good thoughts and vibes headed her way. She has a mass on her spleen and they are going to do a splenectomy tomorrow. I booked it fast since it is bad if these things rupture. If all goes well, they will remove it and it will be benign and that cures her of this thing forever. If it is malignant then 6 months at best. She is the sunshinest little thing with her helicopter tail wag and insisting you pet her for your own good. 

I hope the best for you, my sweet puppy girl. I want nothing more than to bring you home and feed you all your favorites and fatten you up. Please, may it be so.

Give 'em hell, Bonnie!

\m/

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/8/2022 at 11:10 AM, Zepol87 said:

Benson gonna have to used to me yelling at other TV. Gets a little startled but passes right back out.

IMG_20221008_110828.jpg

The best dog that I’ve ever had was a stray.  Good on you for taking Benson in and giving him a good home.  He will bring you so much joy.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Zepol87 said:

Haha my gf said the same thing. He is probably just being a spoiled fucker. Back to normal today though. Vet called and said all blood work came back alright for the most part but he is slightly anemic probably due to malnourishment. 

Nothing a double meat, double cheese Whataburger won't fix. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 10/7/2022 at 6:58 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Four days ago Sebastian snatched one of my daughter’s socks when I dropped it on the floor doing laundry.  When I tried to grab it back he swallowed it.  Yesterday doing poop patrol in the back yard I found a really long turd with a purple tint.  I squirted it with a water hose and it turned out to be her sock rolled up like a hotdog and covered in dog shit. I rinsed it off real good and dropped it in the washer with its mate. Both are back in her sock drawer now.  When I see her wearing them I’ll tell her the story.

This will be a tale passed on for generations 

• Haha 1

well, we are all settled/moved into our new home...and i'm ready for a new dog. i lost Maggie in April, this is the longest we've gone without a dog in 25 years...

guys, i really really want a miniature dachshund of my own, and i'm not sure what to do about it. cost is not the issue.

we had four rescues, big dogs, prior to her, and i loved them all, each was the best dog in their own way. 

but my mom had two miniatures, Greta when i was in high school, then Maggie later on...and i absolutely adored them both. such great personalities, smart, lovable...i mean our other dogs were too...but there's a special place in my heart for the little doxies! 

we don't have a full yard, just a small fenced patio (it does have grass), so i feel like a small dog is the way to go. but there is a giant park across the street, so technically that wouldn't be a huge issue. 

i dunno...i mean it's going to be a 'fight' of sorts b/c my husband hates 'little dogs' and keeps saying we need to just rescue another...and i have no issue with rescues, like i said we had four and they were outstanding...but i've just been thinking/wishing/wanting a little doxie of my own since i took in Maggie. and i keep thinking 'well, those dogs need homes too!'

i dunno...somebody talk me into or out of this, b/c i'm gonna have to fight for it.

20210505_145308.jpg

20210617_223734.jpg

• Hook 'Em 4