Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Finish this sentence 

A DL of Sweat, Mpagi, and Carter is...

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Bevo said:

True, but throw in a JUCO DE, Leal, and a Hawaiian and we would all smile.

So you're saying if we land a guy we already swung and missed on and 2 huge longshots, then we'd be happy with our DL class?  Good to know.

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

To be fair, under Strong TCU would kick our ass with those guys.

To be fair, "I aint goin to no damn TCU."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, rickyspub said:

So I am going to guess that if you are privy to such information about documentary evidence of Georgia paying for players, the NCAA has similar evidence. I assume they have 'top' men reviewing it alongside the Ark of the Covenant.

Could someone photoshop that crate with the swastika on it from Raiders of the Lost Ark to have a branded SEC logo instead?

Who's face is going to melt off when the SEC-branded crate is opened?

6 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

It wasn't an OV. Cine and Davis were the only OVs this past weekend. He'll get the royal treatment later if he comes back for an OV. 

Poly recruits seem to value the whole family aspect more than your average bear. And if you don't think there's some kind of backdoor way this all happens (for every program), you're kidding yourself.

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

EJ crystal balls have hit an all-time low in terms of significance of late, and that's saying something.

His source on that recruitment is extremely clearly all on Gbenda's side - Every big program, and aggy too, is waffling on him despite solid film and an extremely projectable frame + testing numbers. If ctj is right and he and his dad are huge flakes, that's not a terrific sign for a guy that's going to need to be a gym rat for a year.

E.J. After Dark

— I put my Crystal Ball pick back on Texas for four-star inside linebacker David Gbenda. Momentum has shifted back to the Longhorns after a strong weekend visit that saw Gbenda and his father meet with the Texas coaching staff for multiple hours. With a lack of quality linebackers across the region, Gbenda remains a key target at the position. But remember, Gbenda will not be making a decision until December, and I’m told TCU is surging in his recruitment.

— Both Mike and I put in our Crystal Ball picks for Texas for Mansfield Legacy defensive lineman Taurean Carter. This one appears to be a Texas-TCU race, and the Longhorns really wowed him on his unofficial visit this weekend. Carter spent some extra time withOscar Giles after the pool party, and the two are quickly forming a strong relationship. With all this said, Carter isn’t expected to make a decision until the fall.

— Both Mike and I also put in our Crystal Ball picks for Texas for four-star 2020 defensive lineman Alec Bryant. This one is a little tricky since Bryant doesn’t hold a Texas offer just yet. However, the Longhorns brought him in on an important weekend, and Bryant feels like an offer is nearing. If Texas does extend a scholarship, we could see him shutting down his process fairly quickly.

— I went to the profile of four-star defensive back Lewis Cine to change my Crystal Ball from Penn State to foggy. But I realized I had never put one in for the Nittany Lions. Texas absolutely blew him and his father away this weekend, and we have reason to believe the Longhorns are right up there with Penn State in this race. I will have more from Cine tomorrow, but I will mention that he is pushing back his decision timeframe and will no longer be pulling the trigger in August.

E.J. Holland: Texas hits home run with elite DB Lewis Cine on official visit

While the focus of the weekend was on the Heat Wave pool party, Texas did play host to two official visitors. One of them was four-star Trinity Christian Cedar Hill defensive back Lewis Cine, who was blown away with his time on the Forty Acres. “The visit was great,” Cine said. “The city of Austin is out of this world. The UT football staff rolled out the red carpet for me and treated me great. My favorite part was the pool party and chilling with the players. They look out for one another and stick together.”

In typical Texas fashion, the Longhorns made the visit extremely personal and wowed him with a special parting gift that meant a lot to him. “Before I left, I got a great surprise, which was Haitian food,” Cine exclaimed. “Texas was the first school to do that.” As Cine mentioned, he got to hang out with the Texas players and fellow recruits at the pool party. He also had an in-depth tour of the campus and the facilities and met with the Texas coaching staff.

UT safeties coach Craig Naivar has done a tremendous job recruiting Cine over the course of the offseason. Naivar and head coach Tom Herman both made big impressions on him during his visit. “What I like about them is they are players coaches, and they care about their players,” Cine said. “They talked to me about knowing the real and the fake and how straight forward of people they are. They told me what I needed to hear not what I wanted to hear.”

Cine, who moved from Massachusetts to Texas this offseason, was long considered a Penn State lean. However, he recently stated that his recruitment is now wide open. So where do the Longhorns stand after the visit? “They stand very high on my list,” Cine said. “What has me really interested is the alumni base and how large it is.”

Cine originally intended to make a decision in August, but his plans have changed. Now, Cine is going to ‘enjoy the process to the fullest’ and hit more campuses in the fall. At 6-foot-2, 180 pounds, Cine is ranked as the No. 3 safety and No. 48 overall prospect in the country, per 247Sports Composite.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Reveal hidden contents

While the focus of the weekend was on the Heat Wave pool party, Texas did play host to two official visitors. One of them was four-star Trinity Christian Cedar Hill defensive back Lewis Cine, who was blown away with his time on the Forty Acres. “The visit was great,” Cine said. “The city of Austin is out of this world. The UT football staff rolled out the red carpet for me and treated me great. My favorite part was the pool party and chilling with the players. They look out for one another and stick together.”

In typical Texas fashion, the Longhorns made the visit extremely personal and wowed him with a special parting gift that meant a lot to him. “Before I left, I got a great surprise, which was Haitian food,” Cine exclaimed. “Texas was the first school to do that.” As Cine mentioned, he got to hang out with the Texas players and fellow recruits at the pool party. He also had an in-depth tour of the campus and the facilities and met with the Texas coaching staff.

UT safeties coach Craig Naivar has done a tremendous job recruiting Cine over the course of the offseason. Naivar and head coach Tom Herman both made big impressions on him during his visit. “What I like about them is they are players coaches, and they care about their players,” Cine said. “They talked to me about knowing the real and the fake and how straight forward of people they are. They told me what I needed to hear not what I wanted to hear.”

Cine, who moved from Massachusetts to Texas this offseason, was long considered a Penn State lean. However, he recently stated that his recruitment is now wide open. So where do the Longhorns stand after the visit? “They stand very high on my list,” Cine said. “What has me really interested is the alumni base and how large it is.”

Cine originally intended to make a decision in August, but his plans have changed. Now, Cine is going to ‘enjoy the process to the fullest’ and hit more campuses in the fall. At 6-foot-2, 180 pounds, Cine is ranked as the No. 3 safety and No. 48 overall prospect in the country, per 247Sports Composite.

Really knocked it out of the park. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Reveal hidden contents

We put it in his wheelhouse and gave him something he could drive. Any word from Red on whether that's a pickup or a sports car? 

Should we be disappointed that Cine is pushing back his decision? We went from going last on his only 2 OVs before his decision, to now potentially getting stale while other schools get the last word. Probably worse for Pedo State than us, as we are close enough to get him in for several home games, but now he gets Haitian food on 3 more OVs.

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

With Cine, Texas really triple stamped a double stamp?

I think we just stuck the Triple Lindy.

Sorry Butch. I was too late to the draw.

Edited by Bevo
Butch beat me to it damn.
  • Haha 1