Texas recruiting notes 2019

Even though we missed on Wright and Leal, I really like our class so far.  Get Washington this year and Mookie next year.   Jake Smith is a badass.   He looks as athletic and maybe faster than your basic Shipley (no racist).  We have so much room, this is going to be a fun recruiting ride.  

While I am not holding my breath, I’m not giving up on those guys yet.  The NCAA doesn’t have subpoena power, but they received a gift from Az (Marichol) with his sworn statement.  I wouldn’t be surprised to see them actually do something since the school in question is irrelevant in CFB.  They like to crush the little guys and let the big dogs (Bama, Okla, LSU, etc) skate.

Agree on our class, I think it’s looking good despite some of the issues we’ve encountered (& created ourselves).

9 hours ago, satyanash said:

Someone splain me how 9 are ESPN 300 yet 11 are ESPN 4 stars. Are there 4 star players outside the top 300? No doubt I'm stupid and there's a simple explanation. I'm sure it's the former. I don't follow recruiting enough to know.

After extensive research on ESPN's site, I'm assuming since the top 300 are 4 or 5 stars, I've concluded there must be 4 stars outside the top 300

Edited by CfRhTxStBobcats

2 minutes ago, horn_of_the_morning said:
4 minutes ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:
Someone splain me how 9 are ESPN 300 yet 11 are ESPN 4 stars. Are there 4 star players outside the top 300? No doubt I'm stupid and there's a simple explanation. I'm sure it's the former. I don't follow recruiting enough to know.

Yes

I guess I should have just waited for your reply since it was faster than my research.

While I am not holding my breath, I’m not giving up on those guys yet.  The NCAA doesn’t have subpoena power, but they received a gift from Az (Marichol) with his sworn statement.  I wouldn’t be surprised to see them actually do something since the school in question is irrelevant in CFB.  They like to crush the little guys and let the big dogs (Bama, Okla, LSU, etc) skate.
Agree on our class, I think it’s looking good despite some of the issues we’ve encountered (& created ourselves).
That's all fine and good, but you know what the NCAA loves above all else? Greenbacks, Benjamin's, Chedda, scra...you get the picture. Guess which school has been boasting to anyone who'll listen about how redneck rich they are?

Better buckle up and accept the fact aggy may skate as well..

50 minutes ago, CastHorn said:

Ronalde Moore is a freak. Squats 600+ and has track speed. He also has the production. Jake isn’t that type of athlete, but who is? 

Jake is a lot bigger than Moore, and can function as a traditional slot much better than Moore, and while Moore is probably better at sweeps and screens, Smith isn't far behind. Smith should be better on intermediate and deep routes as well, although that won't be his primary usage. 

10 hours ago, Bevo said:

Texas A&M Targets and Possible Fall Out
– Super K

After Dan Wolken dropped that doozy of an article, I almost immediately starting running through the possible recruiting fall out and what it might mean for Texas.

Here are a few guys that came to mind…

***DeMarvin Leal: This was one that many, myself included, believed would be a fight Texas would win outright. I’ve spoken to Leal’s mother on many occasions and even before the TAMU commitment, she seemed to be leaning towards Texas. Since his commitment, Leal did visit Texas for an official visit. I asked his mother last night if they’d make a return visit this season and she said she wasn’t sure yet.

If TAMU isn’t able to hold on to Leal, Texas will be his likely landing spot.

***Kenyon Green: Before Green committed to Texas A&M he had an unofficial top three of Texas, Texas A&M, and OU. I spoke with Green’s father earlier today and he is aware of the allegations. I asked if they are still hearing from schools and he said they are indeed – Texas, OU, LSU, etc. are all trying to get them to at least take official visits this season. As of right now they have none set and when I spoke to them earlier in the summer, it didn’t sound like it was even a possibility.

This could change that and if it does, then Texas would probably be one of two or three schools they’ll consider.

***Brian Williams: Before his commitment to Texas A&M, Williams was a guy who seemed destined to end up at Texas. Since his commitment, he hasn’t even bothered taking a return trip.

***Demani Richardson: I’ve always believed that if Richardson ever made in on campus for a visit, Texas would win him over. If this story gets bigger, perhaps that will finally happen.

Just to be clear, Richardson did visit Texas for a couple of camps but has never done the red carpet visit.

The question I have with Richardson and Williams is; Will something possibly happen soon enough? As of right now, it would appear Texas has one more spot left at safety and Tyler Owens is likely to announce sometime in late September. Are Williams and Richardson takes regardless?

***Dylan Wright: The sudden turn of this one to Texas A&M is difficult to explain. The family grew up Longhorn fans. The family mentioned they’d like to wait and watch the teams they’re interested in and see how they perform on the field. I had even spoken to Wrights father about helping them do a top five video. Then, suddenly Wright commits to Texas A&M.

If Wright doesn’t end up at Texas A&M then the smart money is on Texas.

***Marcus Stripling: Stripling has visited Texas a number of times. His unofficial top three would be Texas A&M, OU, and Alabama. Smart money on Stripling would be OU if he doesn’t end up at Texas A&M. However, if Texas A&M were to drop out, I wonder if that shakes things up enough to get Texas a cleaner shot. He has told me, recently, that Texas would get one of his official visits.

***David Ugwoegbu: This is a name you probably haven’t heard much. Ugwoegbu is a 2019 DE at Seven Lakes (Katy). I plan on seeing him in person later today. He’s a Texas A&M lean with OU probably running second. Texas is interested but I’m told he has hasn’t been particularly responsive. It’s interesting that the guys who are Texas A&M leans seem to minimize communication with Texas.

Should TAMU fall out, does it open the door for Texas to finally make a move here?

***Christian Harris: 2019 TAMU LB commit, Christian Harris actually visited Texas back in May. Harris committed to Texas A&M earlier this month. I’m checking with Harris to see if he will take an official visit to Texas.

Texas needs linebackers and Harris was clearly interested in Texas before his committed, so this one might be one to watch.

Well this is good news. 

Decent chance we finish our class with these guys after we excel this season and aggy does their usual flop.

Edited by RadiologyHorn
  • Fuck You 1

31 minutes ago, ousux said:

That's all fine and good, but you know what the NCAA loves above all else? Greenbacks, Benjamin's, Chedda, scra...you get the picture. Guess which school has been boasting to anyone who'll listen about how redneck rich they are?

They are more like Ole Miss than Bama.  Not overconfident, just have a hunch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Not a Sock said:

That is not happening and the sooner everyone accepts that the better.

You sound like a guy that has a read on things. Glad you’re here, with your ear to the ground, taking the temperature, reading the tea leaves, and leaving bread crumbs. You’re a saint. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ricky Butler said:

You sound like a guy that has a read on things. Glad you’re here, with your ear to the ground, taking the temperature, reading the tea leaves, and leaving bread crumbs. You’re a saint. 

You can send me a check for 9.95 a month and I will continue to to give you updated recruiting info on obvious shit every week. 

Edited by Not a Sock
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I've been on vacation for a week with shitty cell service.  What'd I miss?

Your business is failing, your wife is posting pics of her and some dude, and your dog got loose and tried to sex the neighbor's cat. Plus FCB and fuck Kirk Bohls. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Not a Sock said:

Well buckle up because recruiting in the State of Texas is going to be a wild ride the next 2-3 years.

Our class next year will be absolutely stacked, led by Demas and Evans.  I think I've said it a few times already, but our 2020 class will be the core of a championship team, and better than the 2018 class.  There appears to be more elite in-state 2020 recruits who want to come here in that class than we have seen in a very long time.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PNWhornsfan said:

Our class next year will be absolutely stacked, led by Demas and Evans.  I think I've said it a few times already, but our 2020 class will be the core of a championship team, and better than the 2018 class.  There appears to be more elite in-state 2020 recruits who want to come here in that class than we have seen in a very long time.

I must have missed the line forming

• Like 5

14 hours ago, ousux said:

Yep! Aggy. The home of the $30,000 millionaires. And most of them are self-proclaimed. 

3 hours ago, GRHorn said:

I've been on vacation for a week with shitty cell service.  What'd I miss?

You missed this Dan Wolken story about our friends off Texas Avenue, College Station, Texas.  I use the term "friends" loosely, lol. Enjoy.

Edited by XOVERX
I'm stupid.

On 8/24/2018 at 1:20 PM, Walden Ponderer said:

I am firmly in the turn them in crowd. If that turns into tilting at windmills, fuck it.

Integrity is integrity. Values matter. If you choose to join the cynical hordes, then give up all pretentions and kill yourself, because at that point nothing fucking matters.

When I read Dostoevsky or Tolstoy, I'm not leaping with joy at the thought of becoming another fucking nihilist shitbag. I have values, I believe in them, and I don't give a shit if the rest of the world is turning a blind eye. The fact that they are stupid is not the only reason to look down on aggy. The fact that they are slimy shitbags far, far outweighs their stupidity on my list of reasons to hate them.

Being this deluded.

You think Mo Bamba and others came here because we were just killing it with championships? The NCAA is not bringing down Texas or another blueblood unless you literally had a coach on video committing to giving money. 

Edited by TXs
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, TXs said:

Being this deluded.

You think Mo Bamba and others came here because we were just killing it with championships? The NCAA is not bringing down Texas or another blueblood unless you literally had a coach on video committing to giving money. 

Not the right board, but I think he came here because he had a relationship with Shaka and knew he could be one and done here.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, TXs said:

Being this deluded.

Mo Bamba was one of the cleanest 5* recruitments you'll ever come across. Not the best example to use if you're trying to act like you know what you're talking about. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Fud said:

Mo Bamba was one of the cleanest 5* recruitments you'll ever come across. Not the best example to use if you're trying to act like you know what you're talking about. 

Even if it wasn't, I would still be fine with us facing the same scrutiny and consequences as every other school. It's boring watching the sec buy half the talent in the country every year

27 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Is this guy projected only at Safety, or could he later drop down to LB?

Super K says yes, but I don't think he has the build of a spin-down candidate. He'll fill out more but I think he's a S all the way. A freak athlete of a S. He's been talked to about playing RB and WR from some schools as well. DO. WANT. 

7716860.jpg