Texas recruiting notes 2019

1 minute ago, TtomTerrific said:

wow...I don't remember him ever playing....

I remember that film, though.

thanks.

His film was the best in that class outside of VY.  He also played wr for Lindale

He had 6 sacks in 8 games as a backup in 2003.  And a 30 plus yard td on a fumble recovery against Baylor.  It was a very athletic play. 

Losing him hurt our 2004 and 2005 teams. We were thin at DE and had no one who could rush the passer like he could.  

40 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Mike Williams played defensive end and recorded 6 sacks as a backup one season before failing out.

We also had a five star Mike Williams under rick Barnes around that time I think. Pretty sure he failed out and transferred, probably for a girl too. Now I'm wondering if it was just the same damn guy. #mindblowm

32 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

His film was the best in that class outside of VY.  He also played wr for Lindale

He had 6 sacks in 8 games as a backup in 2003.  And a 30 plus yard td on a fumble recovery against Baylor.  It was a very athletic play. 

Losing him hurt our 2004 and 2005 teams. We were thin at DE and had no one who could rush the passer like he could.  

Well I wouldn't say it hurt them considering we scored zero points in the only game we lost during those two seasons.

Although I suppose two fumble returns for touchdowns against Oklahoma in 2004 could have happened.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Things are looking up.

No way USC hires Tee Martin as HC, right?  I know that Tennessee considered him at one point - but USC has to go outside the staff for a new HC. 

He'll be a hot commodity as a WR coach

1 hour ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

We also had a five star Mike Williams under rick Barnes around that time I think. Pretty sure he failed out and transferred, probably for a girl too. Now I'm wondering if it was just the same damn guy. #mindblowm

Hopefully the Mike Williams we have on our roster right now is ready to break the cycle

12 minutes ago, RabidM said:

What's the benefit of being clean anymore? I'm not advocating being dirty... but, seriously, what is the benefit of being clean with today's NCAA?

I agree with what you are saying and we should be taking the high road but when was the last time a fan of Auburn renounced their championship or fandom? Or Miami? USC?

Aggy is going all in on the cheating model and they will love it if things go their way but if you sell your soul (I know,  aggy has none) you will pay dearly for it later.