Texas recruiting notes 2019

27 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Hand is probably so glad he got out of there. He couldn't have saved that sinking ship and lord knows he would have been one of the people their fans blamed. 

Wait, you're telling me a culinary expert like Hand would rather live in a Austin Texas than Auburn? 

49 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Hand is probably so glad he got out of there. He couldn't have saved that sinking ship and lord knows he would have been one of the people their fans blamed. 

Thought they would be good with Stidham.  Guess it still takes blocking.

• Like 1

Here's a USC interview article with Bru if anyone has it: https://247sports.com/college/usc/Article/Mater-Dei-five-star-athlete-Bru-McCoy-finalizing-official-visits-and-analyzing-USCs-struggles-123954453/

And a Steve Wiltfong post on Noah Cain and Penn State: https://247sports.com/college/penn-state/Board/18/Contents/Noah-Cain-update-124006093/

Has a lot of upvotes so he must be reporting good news for them.

Regarding Penn State and Cain, Fong has a source that thinks PSU is in the best position to land Cain. I read recently that Cain's parents to Penn State. 

The McCoy piece was largely fluff with the USC 247 guy, but Bru did say he would visit USC last. I hope he has a fun weekend with interim HC and offensive genius Tee Martin!

13 hours ago, texifornia said:

13 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Preferred walk on, I take it?

13 hours ago, Vertigo said:

PWO?

13 hours ago, texifornia said:

All I have is the Tweet, but the low ranking combined with Ivy offers make that a sensible inference.

11 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

That dude has a lacrosse name

Dat shuttle though... DAMN!!!! And a nice vertical to boot!

Parker-Alford-Verified-Results.png

9 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

Let's hope LSU doesn't offer him this weekend otherwise there's a good chance he won't make it in for Iowa State.

They have limited spots and some big targets still on the board. I would say I'd be surprised if he's offered and allowed to commit this early, but Orgeron is calling the shots, so who knows 

3 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Those shuttle and vertical numbers are absolutely ridiculous - and the 40 isn't bad either.  

Put him in the calculator.

A tweet on his page has his 40 as a 4.4, which I imagine is hand timed.

The numbers listed above are his mini-combine numbers, so my guess is that the 4.59 is electronically timed.

There is also a photo of him jumping up over a defender from behind the guy to reach out and catch the ball in front of the defender's face that he retweeted. It looks like the guy has some quick-twitch muscles that allow him to do some amazing things. He'd be an Ivy League legend if he were to go there, but he's already got a tattoo on his right arm up by his shoulder joint, so perhaps he's a little more gritty than Ivy League.

• Like 1

TFB Open Post: https://texas.thefootballbrainiacs.com/2018/10/open-post-wednesday-october-31st/

– In more offensive line news. Odessa Permian (TX) offensive tackle Landon Peterson recently backed off his commitment to Baylor. He’s teammates with Texas commit athlete Peyton Powell, and Peterson he’s been in contact with Texas some recently.

It looks like Texas is going to take a raw, high-upside offensive tackle in the 2019 class. But it sounds like Dulles (TX) Isaiah Hookfin is ahead of Peterson on the board right now. Hookfin will be in Austin this weekend and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him pick up a Texas offer.

Peterson is still a guy to watch though. As of right now, I’d say him staying out West and going to Texas Tech is the most likely destination for him right now. A Texas offer would change things though, as Herb Hand is still evaluating. And I’m sure the Texas staff will be out to see him when they see Powell.

Notebook | Kennedy Lewis, Myron Warren, Elijah Higgins & More
– Super K

***Looks like it’s time to scratch another defensive line target off the list. I checked in with a coach over at Independence CC to find out more about JUCO DE, Kuony Deng’s official visit schedule.

So far Deng has taken official visits to Texas A&M, UCLA and Virginia Tech. It was believed he might take an official to Texas but his coach tells me they’ve scheduled the final two visits for LSU and Cal. So…

***However, Texas is looking pretty good at the moment for a talented high school defensive end in Myron Warren (Many, LA). I’m headed over the Many today to get a look at Warren but I’ve heard very good things about the ability of this former TCU commit.

Warren is looking at taking an unofficial visit to Texas for the Iowa State game, next month.

I’ll have more on Warren, shortly.

***And here’s a big one…

The wide receiver recruiting numbers could potentially get very interesting in the next few weeks. Especially because…

***2019 WR Kennedy Lewis (Melissa) will also make a return trip to Texas this weekend. As you know, Lewis took an official visit to Texas a couple weeks back for the Baylor game. He then decommitted from TCU.

After his visit to Texas, he told us that he plans on taking an official visit to Florida and Notre Dame followed by a third visit that, at the time, he had yet to have decided on.

Expect a November decision. Despite him not having taken his planned official visits, we will still check to see if a commitment this weekend is possible.

Edited by Machinator

25 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

I wish they'd offer Chux a PWO

There's really no reason not to, unless they think they're in on other PWO guys that are "better" than him.  But that seems unlikely to me. 

There's a limit to the number of PWOs you can have, right? (For some reason, I'm thinking that the number of scholly players and PWOs is capped at 105.  Is that right?)

21 minutes ago, Scholz said:

The BBQ in the South is ass my dude with their shredded pork bullshit.  Makes me ragey.

After 34 years here in the Atlanta area, I have yet to find what this Texan would call "good" brisket. Most folks here don't even know it's beef, much less how to cook it. Half of them think you're some rube who can't pronounce "biscuit." 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

After 34 years here in the Atlanta area, I have yet to find what this Texan would call "good" brisket. Most folks here don't even know it's beef, much less how to cook it. Half of them think you're some rube who can't pronounce "biscuit." 

And good god why would anybody chop up brisket but it's a thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Post Oak said:

So Higgins or Kennedy for the last WR spot?

1 hour ago, Bob Lives! said:

You mean the last WR spot not counting Bru.

you two try and keep up.  parker alford is the new big name, though I fully believe herman would still take bru’s verbal if alford were to fall into our laps. 

3 hours ago, Gut Wagon said:

That and there is no sausage - Was in Wilmington, NC and asked for a sausage and brisket plate.. no sausage wft.

28 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Interesting considering Rivals bumped him like yesterday. 

Here's his Rivals page, doesn't have him in top 100 for Texas.  I actually think it was 247 that bumped him a few days ago and again today.  ESPN ranked him yesterday as a 4*.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2019/isaiah-hookfin-219361

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Here's his Rivals page, doesn't have him in top 100 for Texas.  I actually think it was 247 that bumped him a few days ago and again today.  ESPN ranked him yesterday as a 4*.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2019/isaiah-hookfin-219361

Maybe I was thinking of ESPN. I just know the page linked wasn't 247. But either way, that's 2 out of 3 major services giving this kid a boost in the last 24-48 hours. Granted that will be it till he shows up at a rivals camp, but still.