Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

29 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

What i understood on lakia henry was he doesnt have s math course the SEC requires. Which leaves texas and who?

I do love the irony of SEC teams having “strict” requirements on Juco transfers. 

The conference is far and away the dumbest of the Power 5, but has set up an impediment to admitting Juco studs with less-than-stellar academics. 

Edited by Napoleon

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2014/0721/FINAL Bylaws 7.18.14.pdf

14.5 TRANSFER REGULATIONS

14.5.4 Two-Year College Transfers.

14.5.4.2 Non-qualifiers. A non-qualifier, who initially enrolls at a two-year college and transfers to an SEC member institution, shall not be eligible for financial aid, practice or competition unless each of the following requirements have been met: [Revised 6/3/93; further revised 6/1/08; revised again 6/1/12]

(a) Attended the two-year college that granted the Associate or equivalent degree as a full-time student for the last three semesters or four quarters immediately prior to graduation from the institution granting the two year degree (excluding summer terms); [Revised 6/1/02] \

(b) Correspondence, extension and distance learning courses used to fulfill the transferable English, Math and/or Science (when applicable) requirements of NCAA Bylaw 14.5.4.2, may only be completed at a two year college where the individual is enrolled as a full-time student in pursuit of an Associate or equivalent degree.

11 hours ago, SquishMitten said:

Maybe I missed it, but I assumed he already signed his NLI. Is that not the case? And even if not, doesn’t class start on Monday for SC? So even if he hasn’t signed, its over once he shows up for class in a couple days?

Technically speaking, if he hasn't signed an NLI, and he pays his own way for a semester, he's still free to play football for whoever the fuck he wants to play for next fall.

So, if you really, really, really like wearing tinfoil hats, you can keep your Bru McCoy to Texas file open, assuming you've got room in your filing cabinet for it alongside all the Flat Earth stuff.

5 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Technically speaking, if he hasn't signed an NLI, and he pays his own way for a semester, he's still free to play football for whoever the fuck he wants to play for next fall.

So, if you really, really, really like wearing tinfoil hats, you can keep your Bru McCoy to Texas file open, assuming you've got room in your filing cabinet for it alongside all the Flat Earth stuff.

Nope. Flat earth info and alien abduction info takes up all the room i got. 

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I do love the irony of SEC teams having “strict” requirements on Juco transfers. 

The conference is far and away the dumbest of the Power 5, but has set up an impediment to admitting Juco studs with less-than-stellar academics. 

You realize we're in a conference with WVU, KState, Tech, OSU, and Kansas right? The SEC isn't great but UT is the only school carrying the Big 12 academically. They at least have Vandy, UF, UGA, A&M. We're the worst academic conference if we're being honest. 

11 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

You realize we're in a conference with WVU, KState, Tech, OSU, and Kansas right? The SEC isn't great but UT is the only school carrying the Big 12 academically. They at least have Vandy, UF, UGA, A&M. We're the worst academic conference if we're being honest. 

Iowa State is AAU. And aggy is a diploma mill.

• Like 6