Texas recruiting notes 2019

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

That isn’t the grad transfer from the state of South Carolina I’m going to be interested in. 

Theres 3 possibles on the clemson roster, does Choice have any eligability left, or was he already a grad transfer? Their roster is unclear. Otherwise it could be feaster?

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I don't think they publish a list - but their new 'rank history' makes it easy to see each player's changes.

Here is Wiley's:  https://247sports.com/PlayerSport/Jared-Wiley-at-Temple-220024/RecruitRankHistory/?history=top247

That affects the spreadsheet I put together yesterday, dammit.

And his history is hilarious. 22 consecutive drops, meaning he kept moving down simply because they kept adding new prospects above him and never reevaluated him, then a 565 spot jump.

Edited by Huckleberry

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

And his history is hilarious. 22 consecutive drops, meaning he kept moving down simply because they kept adding new prospects above him and never reevaluated him, then a 565 spot jump.

IT NEEDS TO BE MORE SCIENTIFIC SO WE CAN STOP THIS BOMC HORSECRAP /aggy

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I'd hold off fixing it, Huck. The way 247 piece-meals their fucking data migrations always drives me fucking insane. You're better off just waiting for like 2 more days until EVERYTHING is updated. Fucking lazy, inept shits. 

1 minute ago, Keef said:

So has 247 updated their rankings besides the five stars? So many damn products now I can’t keep track. 

The updates don't happen all at once.  I have no idea how the fuck 247 stores their data - but it will probably take a day or two for all of the players updates to be completed.

10 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Looks like we are #7 in composite now at 91.32, ahead of OU and ahead of aggy by .23 points.

To clarify, we're number 7 for average recruit ranking, not total ranking.

I see Hookfin is now ranked 85 spots above Shepherd in the composite, which I think is funny.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, satyanash said:

GigEm247 will lose their collective minds when they see Burton's rankings.

I'm pretty sure Burton doesn't even participate in rankings anymore. I could be wrong. Of course, if he doesn't, then that just is further proof to aggy that he is behind the scenes pulling the strings on all the experts that work for him. See, in took me 5 seconds to figure out how aTm will discount this new feature completely out of hand. BURTON MADE PERRONI DO IT.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, satyanash said:

So neither Jake Smith nor Jordan Whittington got a bump? Lame.

The only way Smith was going to get a bump was going to an all star game and lighting up better competition. 

Whittington not getting one is weird. By all reports, he had a great week of practice and obviously put up some incredible senior film. You’d think the state championship game alone would get him a bump.

Rivals has him at 33 and espn at 40 with 247 as the clear outlier at 134. 

But I really don’t care if he gets a bump or not, it’ll just make 247 look dumb next year when he’s killing it lining up all over the field for us.