Shit HEB Makes (when its open).

DougO

On 9/17/2020 at 6:16 PM, Brisketexan said:

Dude, if you're into those, you've got to try the menonite cheese:

39fa540e4a2b55d1e79198798df131e5.jpeg

When I was a kid, on the way back to the US from my grandparents' ranch, we'd stop at a Menonite colony and buy a bunch of fresh cheese.  It was kickass -- a mild, salty, creamy with a bit of a bite cheese.  This is damned close.  Makes great quesadillas.

Tried some of this today, and you do not lie.  It is very nice.  Thanks.

When I was a kid, on the way back to the US from my grandparents' ranch, we'd stop at a Menonite colony and buy a bunch of fresh cheese.  It was kickass -- a mild, salty, creamy with a bit of a bite cheese.  This is damned close.  Makes great quesadillas.

This is 100% what I’ve been looking for. The resort I stayed at in Mexico for my honeymoon had cheese quesadillas on the breakfast buffet with a cheese just like this, and I’ve been trying to replicate it ever since. That stuff makes one hell of a cheese quesadilla on some corn torts. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/12/2020 at 8:56 AM, pearlandhorn said:

I bought my wife a pint of this on Friday.  It was gone yesterday.  This may be the best ice cream I've ever tasted.  Seriously:

https://www.heb.com/product-detail/h-e-b-select-ingredients-creamy-creations-pumpkin-pie-limited-edition-ice-cream/2631016

Yeah, it’s really fucking good.

• Hook 'Em 1

my official testing says that HCF crispy crowns are better than ore ida extra crispy tater tots. 

HEB kosher salt box not as good as morton due to lack of actual pour spout.  doesn't matter so much if you're pouring out 1/2 cup at a time, but there's little precision with it. 

Edited by elfenix

This tastes like elevated string cheese to me. Not a bad thing, just an observation.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2020 at 10:29 PM, Pancho said:

HEB opened in Lubbock.

Never thought I would see the day where United would let that happen.

Albertsons bought United a couple of years ago. HEB and United had a turf agreement in Lubbock I suspect. When United sold out, then HEB decided to go to the mattresses with the now Albertsons "United." I went into the new HEB Sunday morning. Was a madhouse. 

https://www.heb.com/product-detail/h-e-b-chef-prepared-spinach-dip/298321

HEB makes all kinda of prepared dips that are absolutely delicious.  This spinach dip, chipotle salsa ranch, dill dip, etc.  Even online, it looks like this is now the only one available.  The others are packaged very similarly.  Very disappointed as the chipotle and dill dips slammed hard.  I looked in my store recently and the only one I could find is that spinach dip.  WTF man?