If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

I looked it up. When the Ticket debuted in 1994, Rhyner was the old guy. He was 43. Greggo was 33. Bayless was 42. Dunham and Miller were 28. 
In 1999, Corby was 30 and Dan was 31 (can’t find Saturn’s age). 
Point is that the station found its footing with guys a hell of a lot younger than the current bench. Jake is the only tier 1 not AARP-eligible and he’s in his mid 30s. 
Ever wonder where the “don’t give a damn” attitude went? They grew up. A while back. 

Edited by statsman
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, statsman said:

I looked it up. When the Ticket debuted in 1994, Rhyner was the old guy. He was 43. Greggo was 33. Bayless was 42. Dunham and Miller were 28. 
In 1999, Corby was 30 and Dan was 31 (can’t find Saturn’s age). 
Point is that the station found its footing with guys a hell of a lot younger than the current bench. Jake is the only tier 1 not AARP-eligible and he’s in his mid 30s. 
Ever wonder where the “don’t give a damn” attitude went? They grew up. A while back. 

Bob and Davey just turned 50

5 hours ago, mdmost said:

He's going with the Gene Shalit look. 

5 hours ago, bluto said:

dude just busting myths left and right!

Definitely looks like you cross these two but remove the Jewish and throw in a heaping cup of ignorant redneck. 

Edited by Hermanator

15 hours ago, NOMAAA said:

Eli’s fake Elvis wasn’t the punch out I thought it was. Not bad. 

It was bad. I will give him credit for making the best of a bad situation. 

Roland the parking guy makes me want to take a nap.

I enjoyed that. I’m pretty sure they have bitched about him before. Also, I’ve worked in several buildings that have that exact same guy working. It was nice to see that guy get a chance to talk about his business.

5 hours ago, TriStone said:

Confirm with details then.  I'm always up for a good "Dale Hansen sucks" story.

Eh, not much to report.  In the early '00s, I worked in a role where I had to deal with him a handful of times; he was always pretty curt and didn't appear to have any interest in learning people's names, etc. unless they were of a certain status level.  He was generous with charity, etc., though, so I guess there's that.

1 hour ago, sasquatch69 said:

In the early '00s, I worked in a role where I had to deal with him a handful of times; he was always pretty curt and didn't appear to have any interest in learning people's names, etc. unless they were of a certain status level.

He doesn't understand your world

• Haha 1

If you don’t like the pay, either find another gig that pays more, suck it up, or find a way to be talent. Folks that want to work in radio are like sharks teeth. Don’t like it? There are 20 behind you who’ll gladly take your role.

Don’t like the pay at the premier sports station. Leave. Pays more at the NPR. Have fuckin fun.

It’s the entertainment business. Having been In the music biz , there is no money except for a tiny number of folks who perform, write, arrange. Lots of folks have put out albums. The majority of folks made nothing.but yet I don’t know many musicians who can walk away.

If you don’t like the pay, either find another gig that pays more, suck it up, or find a way to be talent. Folks that want to work in radio are like sharks teeth. Don’t like it? There are 20 behind you who’ll gladly take your role.

Don’t like the pay at the premier sports station. Leave. Pays more at the NPR. Have fuckin fun.

It’s the entertainment business. Having been In the music biz , there is no money except for a tiny number of folks who perform, write, arrange. Lots of folks have put out albums. The majority of folks made nothing.but yet I don’t know many musicians who can walk away.

86a2a9b49f85d1dbe74f569977e967a0.gif

15 hours ago, sasquatch69 said:

Eh, not much to report.  In the early '00s, I worked in a role where I had to deal with him a handful of times; he was always pretty curt and didn't appear to have any interest in learning people's names, etc. unless they were of a certain status level.  He was generous with charity, etc., though, so I guess there's that.

So basically anyone established in their careers?

2 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

@Grubes was talent. And, he did find another gig that paid more. Why do you have this unnecessary all-knowing tone in every one of your posts?

You can be insufferable at times. Most of the times.
  • Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, C-Man said:

You can be insufferable at times. Most of the times.

He has an amazing ability to strongly convey a certain quality over just written word that I can't tell if he even realizes is happening. 

22 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

@Grubes 

all-knowing tone 

On 7/2/2022 at 9:18 AM, Surly Bevo said:

86a2a9b49f85d1dbe74f569977e967a0.gif

It's those combined with a complete lack of empathy. I mean he even makes Porterhouse/Rex sound like a caring person. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1