$9.95 worth every penny

futureman

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I'm not sure where to offer this thought, so I am posting it here.

How motherfucking absurd is it that the $9.95ers, who all claim inside sources and access to some practices or video before the season, believed that there was a tight competition between Ewers and Card? I think Burton, Gerry and Howe were the only guys pushing back on that and Gerry was the only one really actually calling it out as stupid. 

You cannot watch the two guys work for more than a quarter and not know that the gap is Grand Canyon wide. That's not even a knock on Card. Ewers is simply an NFL 1st round talent at QB, capable of doing shit that virtually no one else can with the football in his hands. 

Also, for good measure, two guys have overtly stated on repeat occasions that they thought Card was the flat out better player and prospect - Geoff Ketchum and Eric Nahlin. Remember that the next time you are concerned about any kind of evaluation from either one of those idiots. They don't know what the fuck they're talking about, possibly ever. 

In my head, I see it as Sark gaming the Texas Media by intentionally leaking misleading information. A pipe dream? absolutely. It sounds nice though.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

How motherfucking absurd is it that the $9.95ers, who all claim inside sources and access to some practices or video before the season, believed that there was a tight competition between Ewers and Card? I think Burton, Gerry and Howe were the only guys pushing back on that and Gerry was the only one really actually calling it out as stupid. 

You cannot watch the two guys work for more than a quarter and not know that the gap is Grand Canyon wide. That's not even a knock on Card. Ewers is simply an NFL 1st round talent at QB, capable of doing shit that virtually no one else can with the football in his hands. 

Also, for good measure, two guys have overtly stated on repeat occasions that they thought Card was the flat out better player and prospect - Geoff Ketchum and Eric Nahlin. Remember that the next time you are concerned about any kind of evaluation from either one of those idiots. They don't know what the fuck they're talking about, possibly ever. 

No doubt. Was sitting in the Cotton Bowl close enough to have a great view of that sideline pass to Bijan. Quinn threw that effortlessly over the top in between two defenders while rolling to his left. IMO there’s probably only a handful of QBs in NFL & CFB combined that could make that throw with that accuracy and not get picked off or have it fall incomplete. Don’t tell me he didn’t make those throws in preseason camp. Ridiculous 

18 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Card is the next Aaron Rodgers or something 

Also, not sure where to mention it, but in yesterday's ON3 chat with Bobby, Gerry, and Nahlin they started talking about Texas' offensive players and their status in the Big XII.

There's a chance that we could have All Big XII First Team

QB- Ewers
RB - Bijan
WR - Worthy
TE - JT
LT - Banks

and I'd at least make a case for second team on Roschon and Whittington.

Absurd.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

25 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Also, not sure where to mention it, but in yesterday's ON3 chat with Bobby, Gerry, and Nahlin they started talking about Texas' offensive players and their status in the Big XII.

There's a chance that we could have All Big XII First Team

QB- Ewers
RB - Bijan
WR - Worthy
TE - JT
LT - Banks

and I'd at least make a case for second team on Roschon and Whittington.

Absurd.

I'd make a case for Christian Jones.

• Hook 'Em 4

32 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Did one of them bilk millions of dollars from the state welfare system?

Allegedly. I haven't really followed the story though.

Seriously, Ewers is fearless, has a top tier NFL whip, and maintains his appearance as well as that of a caveman. He's also going to throw interceptions because he believes he can fit the ball into any tiny crack on the field and most of the time he'll be validated for that behavior. When he's out there, he also elevates his whole team on both sides of the ball. If that isn't the football field reincarnation of Brett Favre, we'll never see one. 

1 minute ago, HenryJames said:

I'd make a case for Christian Jones.

I was telling you the entire offseason "watch for Christian Jones this season. he's going to work himself into an All-Big 12 caliber player and future NFL draft pick." and all you could do was tell me that he was trash and needed to be trap-doored. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Ketchum spends as much on lard as Nahlin spent of Cards NIL deal

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

The worst QB battle take of them all was Ian Boyd saying the team's ceiling was higher with Card

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

34 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I was telling you the entire offseason "watch for Christian Jones this season. he's going to work himself into an All-Big 12 caliber player and future NFL draft pick." and all you could do was tell me that he was trash and needed to be trap-doored. 

Seems Legit Martin Freeman GIF

• Hook 'Em 2

20 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Geoff Ketchum and Eric Nahlin. Remember that the next time you are concerned about any kind of evaluation from either one of those idiots. They don't know what the fuck they're talking about, possibly ever. 

Terrible take. If Geoff Ketchum is evaluating cheeseburgers, I'm listening. If Nahlin is reviewing books on narcissism, I'm reading. And if Ian Boyd is previewing a defensive matchup on a podcast, I'm stabbing my ears. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, SimkinsMan said:

Terrible take. If Geoff Ketchum is evaluating cheeseburgers, I'm listening. If Nahlin is reviewing books on narcissism, I'm reading. And if Ian Boyd is previewing a defensive matchup on a podcast, I'm stabbing my ears. 

To be fair, I'm not sure you can count on an accurate accounting of events from a narcissist, even if the topic is narcissism. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Allegedly. I haven't really followed the story though.

Seriously, Ewers is fearless, has a top tier NFL whip, and maintains his appearance as well as that of a caveman. He's also going to throw interceptions because he believes he can fit the ball into any tiny crack on the field and most of the time he'll be validated for that behavior. When he's out there, he also elevates his whole team on both sides of the ball. If that isn't the football field reincarnation of Brett Favre, we'll never see one. 

Meanwhile there was one dipshit that wouldn't shut the fuck up about portal OL and couldn't conceive that the dudes already here might improve from one year to the next.

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Meanwhile there was one dipshit that wouldn't shut the fuck up about portal OL and couldn't conceive that the dudes already here might improve from one year to the next.

I imagine whenever a RB only has a 2-3 yard gain or the QB feels pressure or if the OL commits a penalty, that poster is ready to post his "FIre Sark, he failed getting OL through the portal..look at what Baylor did...."

4 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

To be fair, I'm not sure you can count on an accurate accounting of events from a narcissist, even if the topic is narcissism. 

Off-topic, but researchers found that the easiest way to identify a narcissist is to just ask them. Most narcissists will proudly admit to being a narcissist.

https://www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-how-to-identify-a-narcissist-with-one-simple-question-20140805-story.html

1 hour ago, thepop said:

On3 Inside Texas videos used to be good background noise during work, outside of the ones with Ian Boyd. Why did they have to add Trey Elling? 

Yeah, I'm not a fan of Elling covering Texas sports either.  He can be really annoying at times.

Edited by LTtxfan
messed up

Trey and BK had the best show on 104.9. The only one I've ever actually genuinely  liked. They had good chemistry. It was my Tom Herman support group.  IT teaming them up again is a great idea imo.

Though I suppose their show is gonna have a different tone if we're actually good now.  

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

I can't even make myself read this... 😂😂😂

"Hayes: Bill O'Brien has all the right answers, no matter the QB or the opponent" 

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/bill-obrien-key-to-alabama-success/

im genuinely concerned for Saban. Will BOBs incompetence cause Saban to stroke out on the sideline? or will he rip BOBs throat out midgame?

Im sure ESPN would prefer the later for ratings

On 10/13/2022 at 8:32 AM, CurlyDumps said:

Trey and BK had the best show on 104.9. The only one I've ever actually genuinely  liked. They had good chemistry. It was my Tom Herman support group.  IT teaming them up again is a great idea imo.

Though I suppose their show is gonna have a different tone if we're actually good now.  

Here yah go CurlyDumps... 😋

Trey & BK are back! | Texas Longhorns vs Iowa State Cyclones Preview | Big 12 |

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/14/2022 at 11:25 PM, closetojumping said:

You know the answer. LTtxfan is a spammer and occasionally needs to be called into account for his senseless bullshit. 

HaHa CTJ   😋

FOX Blocking Oklahoma-Texas Early Exit From Big 12: Report

ByBryan Clinton      October 14, 2022

There have been rumors and speculation surrounding the timeline for Oklahoma and Texas’ departure from the Big 12 to the SEC.

We have heard everything from them joining the league in 2023, to definitely gone by 2024, and both athletic directors pledging to stay until 2025.

It appears that they might not have as much of a choice in the matter if FOX has anything to say about it. According to CBS Sports’ Dennis Dodd and Chip Patterson, the move isn’t likely to happen prior to 2025 due to FOX losing major inventory in Oklahoma and Texas, since it doesn’t have rights to the SEC brand.

“Though there was a belief that Texas and Oklahoma may have been attempting to exit the Big 12 one year early in 2024, sources told Dodd that Fox would likely have demanded a return to make its future programming whole, including a top-tier selection of games years into the future given the marquee programs would have left its airwaves early. That’s beyond what would have been a potentially massive early exit fee the programs would have needed to pay the Big 12 directly.“

This report coincides with a report from Sports Illustrated’s Ross Dellenger that announced the Big 12 is planning to adopt a new scheduling model in 2023 and 2024 that features no divisions and protects rivalries like Oklahoma vs. Texas.

The Big 12 is expected to continue with nine conference games and a conference championship that includes the top two teams in the league.

The two-year format is set up for each team to play all others at least once. The Big 12’s best rivalries are expected to be played both in 2023 and 2024. Those matchups are not yet official, according to Dellenger, but are likely to include Oklahoma-Texas, Oklahoma State-Oklahoma, Kansas-Kansas State, TCU-Baylor, and West Virginia-Cincinnati, with the latter being a regional match-up and ties back to the old Big East.

The Big 12 is expected to then drop to 12 teams for the start of the 2025 football season, although there is speculation the two could be gone in 2024. However, no matter what it looks like both teams will be in the Big 12 in 2023, as the SEC has already released its football schedule and it does not include Oklahoma or Texas.

The two schools will owe the Big 12 $80 million each when they leave the league, and to leave a year earlier would cost them an extra $100 million.

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

We'll see. 

Yeah I'm curious to see if FOX can hold Texas and blOU hostage if they leave the B12 after 2023.  It seems like the FOX agreement is with the B12 Conference... not necessarily with the schools.  

ESPN and SEC will want Texas with Arch Manning on their networks...

Edited by LTtxfan

This is just money talking. Fox has a contract with the b12 and won’t give up its contractually guaranteed property (broadcast rights for certain UT and OU games) without enough compensation to make it whole. We (foolishly) granted rights through ‘25 to b12. Fox would be stupid to give away rights to our games or to sell/trade them for less than they can get. Maybe Disney and Fox work something out whereby everybody is happy and we leave early. We can hope, but don’t hold your breath, and don’t blame Fox for bargaining with b12 or b12 for accepting our GOR. We granted our own rights to prop up a doomed league.