Things you're a little bit embarrassed to admit

Hanrahan

8 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

You can fuck right off

MI0003146038.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

Bob Marley, Jimmy Cliff, there's some good reggae musicians. Only real issue I have with it is that it all sounds the same for the most part. If I hear No Woman, No Cry that's great! I'm not going to a concert though to listen to 3 hours of derivatives. Maybe if there's a bunch of ganja. Maybe. Polka, Tejano, Reggae, all suffer from the same malady - it all sounds alike.

No worries. Is irie.

20 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Bob Marley, Jimmy Cliff, there's some good reggae musicians. Only real issue I have with it is that it all sounds the same for the most part. If I hear No Woman, No Cry that's great! I'm not going to a concert though to listen to 3 hours of derivatives. Maybe if there's a bunch of ganja. Maybe. Polka, Tejano, Reggae, all suffer from the same malady - it all sounds alike.

No worries. Is irie.

You forgot zydeco from across the Sabine.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

So, your mom fought the Battle of The Bulge?

It kept my dad from getting killed there. Delayed his departure from Fort Benning for Strasbourg by a week, so he missed the incident where his fellow battalion offers were caught in a German artillery barrage when their plane arrived near that city. Half of them were killed immediately.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Armybrat said:

It kept my dad from getting killed there. Delayed his departure from Fort Benning for Strasbourg by a week, so he missed the incident where his fellow battalion offers were caught in a German artillery barrage when their plane arrived near that city. Half of them were killed immediately.

*Officers* 

Today, needing a quick lunch at my desk, I surrendered and procured a Quizno's italian (a tolerable sandwich, but just that -- tolerable).  I saw a new menu item -- they have tater tots!  So I ordered a side of tater tots.  From Quiznos.  Which takes a handful of those little disc-shaped tots, tosses them in a plastic bowl, and runs them through their conveyer belt oven to "crisp" them a bit.

Each bite tasted like defeat and failure.

And I ate them all, because I deserved it.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, happyfunball said:

I showed my wife a few posts on the thread “stupid shit wives...” and most she did not understand why the wife’s actions were dumb.

I feel like I will be contributing to that thread soon.

First rule of Surly....

1 hour ago, happyfunball said:

I showed my wife a few posts on the thread “stupid shit wives...” and most she did not understand why the wife’s actions were dumb.

I feel like I will be contributing to that thread soon.

You just did...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Today, needing a quick lunch at my desk, I surrendered and procured a Quizno's italian (a tolerable sandwich, but just that -- tolerable).  I saw a new menu item -- they have tater tots!  So I ordered a side of tater tots.  From Quiznos.  Which takes a handful of those little disc-shaped tots, tosses them in a plastic bowl, and runs them through their conveyer belt oven to "crisp" them a bit.

Should have just listened to a polka on the accordion and had a danger dog from 7-11.

On 5/7/2019 at 4:38 PM, Brisketexan said:

If only they made women like you, that'd be great.

5 hours ago, workswithseed said:

That's embarrassing?

I've always thought that I was the only one who thought this outside of depressed, or even worse, suicidal people.

For years I wondered if I was depressed. 

11 hours ago, 52-80 said:

microwave, radio, rice cooker, etc.  all these devices in the kitchen have fucking lcd clocks on them.  and my age has reached a point where i have to accept that i dont know how to set the time on half of them.

I don't know that I've ever used a microwave oven on any other setting than full blast. Goddamn thing has about 40 pre-sets, adjustable power, wifi, HDMI, you name it. No thanks.

10 hours ago, El Diablo said:

I don't know that I've ever used a microwave oven on any other setting than full blast. Goddamn thing has about 40 pre-sets, adjustable power, wifi, HDMI, you name it. No thanks.

I just hit the 30second button until desired amount of time reached. Fuck all those other buttons 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, El Diablo said:

how many USB ports?

Microwave burn is a thing. When I'm reheating leftovers, particularly Chinese food, I take it slow at a lower setting. Meat, veggies, and mushrooms all reheat at different rates. The #4 setting on my microwave alternates between 16 seconds on and 16 seconds off. I wrap my dish in plastic wrap and give it a few minutes on 4. Then I'll let it sit and steam for a couple minutes, give it a stir, then repeat the process. Then I'll give it a final zap for 30 seconds to make sure it's good and hot and stays good and hot. 

I'm still pissed that my last order of Hunan Chicken only had three mushrooms in it. 

I rarely let people see what's in my music mix, because I have pretty much every song in the catalog of a one-hit wonder band, except of course for the one hit. But dammit, Katrina and the Waves was a goddamned great pub band once upon a time. And guitarist Kimberly Rew wrote a whole slew of great stuff as a solo artist, too, not to mention his work with Soft Boys (along with Robyn Hitchcock, who was himself great).