Beto 2020

bad_teammate

1 minute ago, Grade of D as in David said:

It's all about trolling the libs to these knuckle draggers.  They are hoping to get a reaction so they can run back to their online friends and tell them about it.

100% this.  Sad troll job by a pathetic excuse for a human being.

Of course, "pathetic excuse for a human being" is their brand.

• Like 1

Texas House district 128 looks to be a Trump dream: https://fyi.capitol.texas.gov/fyiwebdocs/pdf/house/dist128/profile.pdf

Low college education but relatively high income. This doesn't show the race breakdown but fair to say many white people with Deer Park and Crosby.  Mr. Cain probably isn't too worried about pissing off Beto supporters.

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

/csb time

This weekend we were in the Albuquerque airport flying back to Houston, and we saw an older white guy wearing a red t-shirt that said something like "Did you know black people owned slaves in America?" on the front, and on the back it said "Black people owned slaves in TX, LA, GA" and like 6 other states. 

Get on the plane, and of course this dude sits across the aisle from us. Damnit. Then, a younger black guy ends up sitting next to him. They didn't talk or engage. Right before taking off a flight attendant came up to the black guy and said there was an empty row if he'd like to move. Black guy was like "Yep, that sounds great!". 

Fuck Trump. 

There was an empty row on a Southwest flight?

Just now, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

you fucking serious right now?

You think he's lying about being autistic, or do you think it's okay to make fun of autistic people for acting weird?  

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/politics/texas-legislature/state-rep-briscoe-cain-opens-up-about-being-on-the-autism-spectrum/269-bc913b8a-9d20-48c5-9e59-db80b3937745

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

Asperger's is not a valid condition any more.  Psychiatrists removed it from their diagnosis book in 2013. Everyone previously diagnosed with Aspergers is now considered to have autism but most likely on the high functioning end of the spectrum.  However I understand its more socially acceptable to say Asperger as some people have preconceived notions when you say autism.

45 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

This man has autism.  Making fun of him for his eccentric behavior is a rather despicable form of ableism.  

He claims Asperger's, which typically implies a fairly high-functioning individual.  He does have JC, BA and law degrees from 3 shitty institutions, though, so he's probably not real high on the IQ scale, regardless of his position on the autism spectrum.

BUT . . . people aren't making fun of him for his behavior.  They're condemning his actions, which are inappropriate for a Representative, or an attorney.  That said, you knew this, you're just a pissant little troll.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Reports of Beto’s demise were premature.

He killed it tonight.

And new merch!

d0e84adba65a3ba88875dfeeb3fa1f0a.jpg

I'm curious about this for several reasons. Not least due to the fact that he opposed this when he ran for Senate. 

But this speaks not just to banning AR-15s (or assault rifles in general), but to actually taking them. This is the practical equivalent of Trump promising to build a wall and having Mexico pay for it. It's not going to happen without a supportive Congress and a radical change of direction in the Judicial Branch.

Put bluntly, Beto's either full of stuff or he's insane, and yet, he got a lot of support for this. As a guy hoping for a return to sensible government, this doesn't bode well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, F250 said:

That dude getting elected and likely reelected is pretty damn funny. I mean the guy is not right in the head yet he is a public official and has a social media platform to say crazy shit, interesting times.

Briscoe or Trump? 

12 minutes ago, Disco Missile said:

I'm curious about this for several reasons. Not least due to the fact that he opposed this when he ran for Senate. 

But this speaks not just to banning AR-15s (or assault rifles in general), but to actually taking them. This is the practical equivalent of Trump promising to build a wall and having Mexico pay for it. It's not going to happen without a supportive Congress and a radical change of direction in the Judicial Branch.

Put bluntly, Beto's either full of stuff or he's insane, and yet, he got a lot of support for this. As a guy hoping for a return to sensible government, this doesn't bode well.

lots of people who were opposed to that level of action when Beto was running for Senate are on board the "fuck your toys" train.  Beto comes across as authentic, the story for why his position changed makes sense (and is the exact fucking reason many people's positions have changed), especially given that the latest batch of assault rifle murders didn't just occur in Texas, but occurred in his hometown and a town in the same (large) region of Texas.  I like the idea of gun owners being offered a chance to turn their guns in for cash, and otherwise those pussies can expect the same treatment brown people get when they appear in public with them.

Will it make it past the senate?  Not likely.  I'll be voting against Cornyn too.  That's on them.  If the judicial branch decides that the right to bear arms means the right to own literally any weapon, that's on them.  Something needs to be done about the damage that has been done in that branch of government anyways.

Edited by Celery Man

10 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

lots of people who were opposed to that level of action when Beto was running for Senate are on board the "fuck your toys" train

Yup. I'm one of them. I own an AR. Will happily sell it back if they're banned.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Fozzz said:

This man has autism.  Making fun of him for his eccentric behavior is a rather despicable form of ableism.  

You can't use that as an excuse.  If even you (probably not the most informed person around) knows this, they he should know it and take steps to curb his impulses.  He should also consider whether he should be in the public eye, since he's not really suited for it, regardless of whether a bunch of dumbasses voted for him.

I'm proud of Beto because you know what, regardless of who is nominated, they are going to be called a gun grabber.

So you know? Hell yeah, we're taking those guns.

The GOP owns being called racist and deplorable.  Time to fucking own your opponents' stupid labels they put on you and make those attacks worth nothing. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

lots of people who were opposed to that level of action when Beto was running for Senate are on board the "fuck your toys" train.  Beto comes across as authentic, the story for why his position changed makes sense (and is the exact fucking reason many people's positions have changed), especially given that the latest batch of assault rifle murders didn't just occur in Texas, but occurred in his hometown and a town in the same (large) region of Texas.  I like the idea of gun owners being offered a chance to turn their guns in for cash, and otherwise those pussies can expect the same treatment brown people get when they appear in public with them.

Will it make it past the senate?  Not likely.  I'll be voting against Cornyn too.  That's on them.  If the judicial branch decides that the right to bear arms means the right to own literally any weapon, that's on them.  Something needs to be done about the damage that has been done in that branch of government anyways.

I guess this is it. But it's an emotional response to an event rather than a reasonable and well-developed position, and that's exactly the type of government we are living through currently - and I'm not fond of it.

That said I remember growing up in blue Texas and how the Luby's shooting and restrictive firearms laws turned Texas red in the 90s. Maybe this will swing it the other way.

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

I'm proud of Beto because you know what, regardless of who is nominated, they are going to be called a gun grabber.

So you know? Hell yeah, we're taking those guns.

The GOP owns being called racist and deplorable.  Time to fucking own your opponents' stupid labels they put on you and make those attacks worth nothing. 

Republicans:  “We are setting the terms of no compromising ever.”

Beto: “Okay, we accept those terms, now we’re going to mobilize and come for your guns.”

• Like 3

Just now, Celery Man said:

the reasoning behind taking the position that we should stop pussyfooting around is because doing so has never accomplished anything, there is broad support for this kind of action, and the arguing that assault weapons are a benefit to society is emotional and lacking in reason.

I can’t imagine caring that much about an AR-15.  I’m not big on the mandatory buybacks but I’ll be fine if it happens.  I’m glad Beto is leading this fight which will undoubtedly save many lives just by increasing awareness and building political pressure. 

If Beto is going to make a move, the time is now. He needs a nice little poll bump to gain some fundraising momentum. Kamala is fading fast at the moment, and Buttigieg's national polling numbers have plateaued for a couple of months. The 4th and 5th place positions are kinda up for grabs right now IMO. 

Edited by Hank Kingsley

18 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I don’t even agree with mandatory buy backs but damn I’m so proud of Beto swinging for the fences.  

I’m all for voluntary buybacks and an assault weapons ban. 

Democrats can be such pussies. Only 30% of Americans own a gun. Something like 3% own an AR-15, if that. And for those, they need these guns, why? Not for hunting. ( Use a hiring rifle) Not for protection. (Handgun) Not to "guard against Tyranny." (fantasy and fucking stupid). It's so ignorant fucks can go shoot at a gun range. That's it. That's the sole practical utility for these things.

Well, fuck that. I'm fucking sick of a tiny minority group's entertainment getting priority over my right to go outside without worrying about getting shot, to send my kids to school knowing they'll come home. Beto's right and kudos to him for actually leading.

Edited by horncyclist
  • Like 1