NIT Selection Sunday - 7:30 3/17 ESPNU

Henry Hill

NIT has some badass rules 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/nit-bracket-2019-tournament-schedule-dates-times-locations-32-team-field/

The NCAA playing rules process operates on two-year cycles, rule changes can be approved this May, and could be in effect for next season. There will be four rule modifications for the 2019 tournament:

• The 3-point line will be extended by approximately 1 foot, 8 inches to the same distance used by FIBA for international competition (22 feet, 1.75 inches). 
  • The free throw lane will be widened from 12 feet to 16 feet, consistent with the width used by the NBA.   
  • The shot clock will reset to 20 seconds after an offensive rebound instead of the full 30 seconds.
  • Team fouls will reset at the 10-minute mark of each half for the purpose of determining free throws and one-and-one free throws will be eliminated. 

Just now, NowThis said:

NIT has some badass rules 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/nit-bracket-2019-tournament-schedule-dates-times-locations-32-team-field/

The NCAA playing rules process operates on two-year cycles, rule changes can be approved this May, and could be in effect for next season. There will be four rule modifications for the 2019 tournament:

• The 3-point line will be extended by approximately 1 foot, 8 inches to the same distance used by FIBA for international competition (22 feet, 1.75 inches). 
  • The free throw lane will be widened from 12 feet to 16 feet, consistent with the width used by the NBA.   
  • The shot clock will reset to 20 seconds after an offensive rebound instead of the full 30 seconds.
  • Team fouls will reset at the 10-minute mark of each half for the purpose of determining free throws and one-and-one free throws will be eliminated. 

Oh boy, we fucked, Shaka will have them shoot 30 3-pointers and we will hit 4 of them

• Like 1

Just now, LTtxfan said:

What system does NIT use to select teams and seedings??

(Just wondering how it compares to the NCAA Tourney process)

First Four Out from the NCAA tournament are guaranteed 1 seeds in the NIT.

All regular season champions that miss the tournament get auto-bids.

I’ll be at the Arkansas baseball game across the street if Shaka needs me.  

But yes, out of morbid curiosity—-if we win Tuesday, when would we play next? 

Just now, Huckleberry said:

Damn, pretty obvious what the mood in the program is. Very obvious lack of exclamation marks and excitement in that tweet. I wonder if they really thought they were going to make the real tournament.

I think the person running the social media account knows that "earning" an NIT bid is never going to be cause for excitement in 21st century Texas basketball.

Apples to turds.

When Lemmons coached Texas to this tournament win in the previous millennium, it was a legit  contender consolation prize. 

Today it’s a placenta of an abortion .

And when Abe got fired we got a placenta of abotion as the next coach

50 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

I want to lose, please let us get blown the fuck out by a motivated team on our homecourt in front of 300 fans wearing paper bags over their heads.

Imagine if a ton of fans showed up with brown paper bags and Shaka is not our standard posters. That would send a message.

Fu piece of crap. If these kids want at least one ,more chance to put on a jersey and play, then thats their decision. I hope that the next time you work really hard for something, you get fucked.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

Fu piece of crap. If these kids want at least one ,more chance to put on a jersey and play, then thats their decision. I hope that the next time you work really hard for something, you get fucked.

That's a little wordy for a poster, but we can work on it. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

There is really no defensible reason to root for Texas to lose in the NIT.

It is not going to make any difference to CDC if we make it to New York or not.

We aren’t gonna win anyway. So it makes no difference to me. My apathy is at an all time high. I hope the players enjoy it as much as they can.