How Fox News works

retread

10 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Only when it is one of Dear Leader's enemies. 

Correct. His message would resonate more if he also went after the Walton family or the owners of a bajillion other retail/fast food chains and started supporting a hike in the minimum wage.

This is really shrewd, and an example of why I find Tucker to be more interesting than 95% of the other reactionaries on the news or in our newspapers.  He's taking a very profound truth (race is used as a wedge by elites to dissolve class solidarity) and flipping it on its head.  He wants to define left/right purely in cultural terms such that populist rhetoric may be more credibly leveraged by the right.

Edited by Fozzz
  • Fuck You 1

Top story right now on FN is about that boat catching on fire and the ‘best’ (sort option) comments are all about Democrats, gun control, and right wing memes...it’s truly incredible, I really hope the bulk are bots/scripts and not res people but I expect it’s mostly deplorables.  

Edit:  Not sure why I do this to myself, but same thing in the comments about a Spanish pop star dying in a fireworks mishap ‘one less liberal, it’s a start’ by ‘Lannigan O’Doole’ surrounded by clover emoticons...gotta be fake.  Wtf.  

Edited by Homercles
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Fozzz said:

This is really shrewd, and an example of why I find Tucker to be more interesting than 95% of the other reactionaries on the news or in our newspapers.  He's taking a very profound truth (race is used as a wedge by elites to dissolve class solidarity) and flipping it on its head.  He wants to define left/right purely in cultural terms such that populist rhetoric may be more credibly leveraged by the right.

Race baiting as shrewd politics.

That's our Fozzz.

On 9/1/2019 at 11:47 AM, Fozzz said:

Tucker seems to spend a lot more time discussing monopoly capitalism than any host on CNN/MSNBC.  He's to the left economically of a lot of the dogshit you will find on those networks.  

He might have more credibility of he also criticized the Koch brothers and Donald Trump for hiring undocumented workers.  

On 9/3/2019 at 10:07 AM, Longhornfan1024 said:

He might have more credibility of he also criticized the Koch brothers and Donald Trump for hiring undocumented workers.  

Fozz being a Tucker cuck is the least surprising thing since Trump not getting Mexico to pay for the wall.

15 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Fozz being a Tucker cuck is the least surprising thing since Trump not getting Mexico to pay for the wall.

I don't like Tucker.  Tucker is no leftist, he's not even a Strasserite or anything like that - he's just a reactionary that understands the purchase that populist appeals can achieve if they are couched in the "right" light.  I think he's interesting because I could see people like him becoming more pronounced in right-wing American politics.  The rise of Josh Hawley is an example of this phenomenon.  The right needs a narrative to cope with the system's failure to improve the lives of most Americans, and that's precisely what Tucker and his ilk are doing.  

3 hours ago, Born to Run said:

You see the libs want to use light bulbs that use a fraction of the energy, last up to decades longer and save consumers money. They want to reduce plastic pollution and dependence on foreign oil by reducing single use plastic and reverting back to made in the USA paper straws like in the gold old days. And they recognize the true costs of beef on the environment and our personal health and would like US to practice more sustainable farming like in the old days, and limit beef consumption to what your family doctor might recommend.

Laura is sucking factory farm manure lagoon raised beef juice that was tenderized with contaminated Chinese incandescent bulbs that she has to replace annually through a made in China with Saudi oil straw
To own the libs.

Fox is WWE heals with shitty writing and less realistic storylines.

Hmm....I see.  Not sure what else there is to say about that.

5 hours ago, Js1 said:

This is legit mental illness. 

Ooooh, this is what you say to that.  I'ts legit mental illness.

And here I thought conservatives had given up their war on superior light bulbs.

Have we reached peak self-parody yet, FOX?  I thought that happened the other day when that one blonde sucked beef juice through straw from a steak garnished with incandescent light bulbs.  Let's just shut it down.  I think we're done here.

Tucker hails firing of John Bolton: He was 'fundamentally a man of the left'

https://www.foxnews.com/media/tucker-hails-firing-of-john-bolton-he-was-fundamentally-a-man-of-the-left

13 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Have we reached peak self-parody yet, FOX?  I thought that happened the other day when that one blonde sucked beef juice through straw from a steak garnished with incandescent light bulbs.  Let's just shut it down.  I think we're done here.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/tucker-hails-firing-of-john-bolton-he-was-fundamentally-a-man-of-the-left

They live in a bizarro world. I can’t stand Tucker Carlson. 

On 9/10/2019 at 8:36 AM, atomheartbevo said:

Top 5 comment on twitter, ever.  

She was caught off guard by a guest that had read the material and had a thoughtful answer. She could have disagreed with him but she obviously had not read the material. In a normal interview she could just go off talking points regardless of the topic but not with an informed guest.  I doubt we see him on Fox News again but hopefully other channels like CNN will bring him on for additional topics.

I personally blame Lou Dobbs for mainstreaming the anti-immigrant rhetoric that's so prevalent from the Right, going all the way back to his pre-Fox days (piggybacking off of Pat Buchanan's earlier "culture war" presidential campaign platform in 1996 that was a complete failure).

It was his incessant diatribes on CNN's Headline News that eventually killed Shrub's efforts to reach out to Hispanics and make any sort of headway toward immigration reform, which then led to the marches in Southern California in 2007-2008.

• Like 2