How Fox News works

retread

Kennedy was the absolute coolest VJ in the 90s. How she ended up on Fox News, I just...
*long sigh*

No she wasn’t. She was the most boring and uninteresting including the original cast. She figured out the formula, the right are morons, easy to make money/get jobs pandering to them.

What’s fascinating - and I really mean this - is how the cult has substituted trump for everything that should be meaningful.

By “protect the constitution,” they mean “protect Trump.” When they say Trump’s demands to Ukraine were “for the good of the country,” they mean “for the good of Trump.”

It’s all classic cultism.

Kennedy and Giuliani go way back.

https://www.tvguide.com/news/kennedy-mtv-vj-memoir-1068533/

Former MTV VJ Kennedy, now a Los Angeles radio DJ, still has fond memories of her 1992-1997 stint at the cable channel. That's why she subtitled her new memoir, The Kennedy Chronicles (out Tuesday), The Golden Age of MTV Through Rose-Colored Glasses. "The MTV studio was where you wanted to be," she says.

But one of her most vivid memories is of simulating oral sex with a microphone while standing next to NYC's then-Mayor Rudy Giuliani during the 1994 Video Music Awards. Kennedy says she did it in order to win over a hostile audience — and it almost worked.

On 10/2/2019 at 9:56 PM, 4th&Five said:

GERALDO RIVERA: You know, if it wasn't your show, Sean, they would destroy him absolutely. You are the difference between Donald J. Trump and Richard Nixon.

In Nixon's case, if he had someone that stuck up for him, he wouldn't have been, you know, motivated to cover up that burglary. He would've let the perpetrators get their just desserts.

Am I missing something?  This seems significant.  Cracks are forming...

I know, I know...

Geraldo means it as a compliment, not a reprimand. He tells him, if Nixon had someone like Hannity publicly screaming in his defense, Nixon could have distanced himself and would not have needed to cover-up the burglary. His 'Hannity' would have made sure it didn't matter to Nixon's base and he wouldn't have been impeached. 

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

What’s fascinating - and I really mean this - is how the cult has substituted trump for everything that should be meaningful.

By “protect the constitution,” they mean “protect Trump.” When they say Trump’s demands to Ukraine were “for the good of the country,” they mean “for the good of Trump.”

It’s all classic cultism.

I just read/watched this page and holy shitballs. I don't remember diving in here before because well, maybe I guess, I knew what I was going to see. 

but wow is it worse than I thought. Just terrible. I can only think its so bad because its slipping from them?

I know its funny and haha but this is some super scary shit. These people are deranged and they are leading others into being like them. 

So I go to CNN and they are talking about the dangerous situation in Syria and how our pull out will hurt the Kurds who are our allies.  Switch to MSNBC and they are talking about impeachment issues and Ukraine.  For shits and giggles I switch to Fox and they are talking about how the Democrat candidates are falling apart and rumors of Hillary Clinton running in 2020.  I have heard nothing from anywhere about Hillary running.  So Fox just makes this stuff up to scare their viewers that big bad Hillary is coming back?

7 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

So I go to CNN and they are talking about the dangerous situation in Syria and how our pull out will hurt the Kurds who are our allies.  Switch to MSNBC and they are talking about impeachment issues and Ukraine.  For shits and giggles I switch to Fox and they are talking about how the Democrat candidates are falling apart and rumors of Hillary Clinton running in 2020.  I have heard nothing from anywhere about Hillary running.  So Fox just makes this stuff up to scare their viewers that big bad Hillary is coming back?

The viewer is the hamster. Pressing the lever turns the tv to Fox News. "But Hillary!" is the pellet they receive as their reward. 

It's classic conditioning. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

So Fox just makes this stuff up to scare their viewers that big bad Hillary is coming back?

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/how-old-is-the-average-fox-news-viewer-in-america.html/

According to Nielsen ratings, the median age of Fox’s audience was 66 in 2016. Following something of a youthful surge the following year, Adweek reported “good news” for Fox News early in 2018. Over the past year, the median age of the cable channel’s audience had dropped to 65. Looking at prime-time numbers alone, Fox viewers kicked back up to 66.

Getting away from the median doesn’t change the picture much. More than half of the Fox News audience is older than 65. If you go by raw numbers, of the 3.3 million households taking in Sean Hannity’s show on a nightly basis in 2018, just south of 2 million would have been senior citizens.

Still, Fox News isn’t alone in attracting a mostly senior audience. If you look at MSNBC and CNN demographics, you’ll find only slightly younger audiences in recent years, and the median age of MSNBC viewers hit 65 in 2017. (Overall, seniors watch the most TV by a significant margin.)

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2020/trump_vs_clinton_is_still_neck_and_neck

Because this came out.

3 hours ago, BNB said:
14 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Still, Fox News isn’t alone in attracting a mostly senior audience. If you look at MSNBC and CNN demographics, you’ll find only slightly younger audiences in recent years, and the median age of MSNBC viewers hit 65 in 2017. (Overall, seniors watch the most TV by a significant margin.)

MSNBC has gotten older but CNN still skews a bit younger.  5 years and 7 years in prime time.  That's actually quite a bit.  Younger folks will obviously consume most of their media via the internet.  But yes, Boomers love their cable TV.

In addition to compiling the viewership of TV news programs, Nielsen is also letting us know just how old the cable TV news viewer is.

According to Nielsen Live +7-day data, in 2017 CNN’s median age was 60, while the median age of the Fox News and MSNBC viewer was 65.

The good news for CNN and Fox News: they each aged down one year, from 2016 when CNN’s median age was 61 and Fox News’s was 66.

The not so good news for MSNBC, their median age jumped two years. It was 63 in 2016.

In prime time, the median age ticks even lower: CNN’s median was 59 (flat vs. 2016); MSNBC’s median was 65 (up two years from 63 in 2016); and Fox News’ was 66 (flat vs. 2016).

Fox News won the cable news ratings race in 2017 while MSNBC posted the most total audience growth.

One last thing.  It's not only the age demo, it's the racial component.  Fox is by far the most honkey of all the networks.  Almost 95% white.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

9 hours ago, BNB said:
20 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

So apparently watching television your entire life makes you a completely gullible idiot who supports the like of con man trump. 

Time to outlaw non sports related television. Fucked up an entire generation of boomers. 

Thanks for posting that tweet @Gil Bang. Just for fun, I went to her Twitter because I saw that almost 5000 people had liked that tweet. Now, the comments were a different story and mostly negative toward her and her opinion. But as I scrolled through her feed, she is a national Fox personality right? Most of her original content (not retweets) gets around 500-1000 likes. Now I didn't scroll down super far, but what was interesting(?) is that there were a couple of tweets that had close to 10,000 likes. Those were the tweets that had to do with the recent controversy with the Rocket's Morey and China. I suppose the combination of bball and global interest may have spurred some of that, but if she has fans and support, it must be on Facebook or some other such place. The trend with Fox viewers being older that someone mentioned earlier is spot on.

Regicide, coup, treason.  These words used by the President and the conservative machine — if they accurately described the situation — would justify any totalitarian reaction by the President.  Whether the goal or not, the conservative base is being conditioned to accept them.  Political purges, foreign interference, rigged or suspended elections, etc...  It would all be justified as the Democrats had “attempted to overthrow” Trump’s government.

It would not at all surprise me to see some Fox-fed nut job take a shot at Schiff, Pelosi or Biden.

Edited by Goredho

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

Owned now by Disney (Fox News is still a Murdoch property).

But Disney is a bunch of libtards who like gay people and stuff.

Lord, tell me about it. Bunch of big burly Trump supporters get so triggered over Disney princesses if any of them aren't depicted as blonde and blue-eyed. Yeah, Bubba, tell me again the setting for Mulan?

11 minutes ago, Disco Strangler said:

What’s keeping someone with extreme pockets (Bezos, Steyer, Soros) or an unnamed consortium of all the above from buying Fox News for a price that cannot be reasonably refused? After a promise to keep things going as is (like Chicago’s own Whataburger), slowly dismantle the entire enterprise.   

Profit motive. 

What’s keeping someone with extreme pockets (Bezos, Steyer, Soros) or an unnamed consortium of all the above from buying Fox News for a price that cannot be reasonably refused? After a promise to keep things going as is (like Chicago’s own Whataburger), slowly dismantle the entire enterprise.   

I wish a motherfucker would.