How Fox News works

retread

sXAKcn.jpg

There IS one good thing about that graphic: the Fox News program viewers aren’t unique viewers. Rather, it’s the same 3 million. How do we know? Because the recent survey showing that olds watch TEN FUCKING HOURS of screen time a day.
They mock millennials and their smart phones, but when it comes to being idiots brainwashed by a screen, the olds are champions and nobody else even comes close.
  • Like 3

There IS one good thing about that graphic: the Fox News program viewers aren’t unique viewers. Rather, it’s the same 3 million. How do we know? Because the recent survey showing that olds watch TEN FUCKING HOURS of screen time a day.
They mock millennials and their smart phones, but when it comes to being idiots brainwashed by a screen, the olds are champions and nobody else even comes close.

And at least with phones and iPads and computers, there’s some actual reading involved and it’s more active engagement with the material. Even on shit like Instagram, there’s replying and typing and dialogue.

Olds just sit and passively absorb the bullshit beamed from the screen. They might holler at the TV occasionally but for the most part no intelligent engagement is required.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

And at least with phones and iPads and computers, there’s some actual reading involved and it’s more active engagement with the material. Even on shit like Instagram, there’s replying and typing and dialogue.

Olds just sit and passively absorb the bullshit beamed from the screen. They might holler at the TV occasionally but for the most part no intelligent engagement is required.

Shrieking and throwing their feces at the screen whenever Shep Smith comes on doesn't count as intelligent engagement. 

Trailer for the movie “Bombshell”. About the Roger Ailes scandal but told more from the perspective of the women than the Showtime series.

Charlize Theron looks EXACTLY like Megyn Kelly and Nicole Kidman is a good Gretchen Carlson. Margot Robbie is a composite character to represent all the less famous women Ailes abused. John Lithgow plays Ailes. Cast also includes Alice Eve, Kate McKinnon, and Alison Janney.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2019 at 12:57 PM, Brisketexan said:

It makes me wonder how much of that is spent actually watching the programming and how much is olds, retirement homes, and mechanics just leaving that shit on all day in the background.  

^^^This^^^

I complained to the health clinic I visit because the waiting area for the dermdoc is shared with the walk-in pediatric clinic. They switched it and as far as I know, at least when I have returned is that it is either showing Food Network, or that shiplap couple on the DIY channel.

On 8/24/2019 at 12:57 PM, Brisketexan said:

Scream time.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I had the father-in-law as a houseguest this weekend, which means fox news on the tube all weekend (I don't fight it and just pretend to be apathetic to politics, it makes things much easier for the 48 hours) BUT the commercials kind of make it worthwhile to watch, pretty funny it's just all life alert, my pillow and arthritis medicines.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

I had the father-in-law as a houseguest this weekend, which means fox news on the tube all weekend (I don't fight it and just pretend to be apathetic to politics, it makes things much easier for the 48 hours) BUT the commercials kind of make it worthwhile to watch, pretty funny it's just all life alert, my pillow and arthritis medicines.  

No trumpy bears? 

I had a nice conversation with my Uncle, who is highly intelligent, was a very successful prosecutor in California before he retired, and worked as an engineer before going to law school. He also watches Fox News and OAN exclusively.

Long story short, I think I was somewhat successful in showing him that watching those networks exclusively actually misleads you from the truth.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bookman said:

I had a nice conversation with my Uncle, who is highly intelligent, was a very successful prosecutor in California before he retired, and worked as an engineer before going to law school. He also watches Fox News and OAN exclusively.

Long story short, I think I was somewhat successful in showing him that watching those networks exclusively actually misleads you from the truth.

Trump agrees.   Although he should think this through   Turning against Fox News and the Murdochs is not very wise   

3 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Brit is lying. He knows Fox News and everyone there are supposed to work for Trump while pretending otherwise.

yeah, he's attempting a pretty thin veneer of supposed credibility.

either that, or they really are going full on joe walsh on trump

That letter reads like it is part of the Diamond and Silk brand.  It's unbelievably stupid and (intentionally?) reads like it is mass produced and sent out once they copy and paste the offending text in it.  And the mass produced stuff is garbage.  "The besmirch statement"?  They are grifters, but I guess they don't grift enough to hire actual attorneys.