How Fox News works

retread

But a person more sympathetic to Trump has told Lachlan that Fox should remain loyal to Trump’s supporters, even if the network has to break from the man. “We need to represent our viewers,” the source said. “Fox is about defending our viewers from the people who hate them. That’s where our power comes from. It’s not about Trump.”

LOL Wut?  What exactly does this look like?

Obviously, NYT and WaPo are doing most of the heavy lifting here on Trump, with help from other WSJ, Vanity Fair, and some others. 

But got damn, the dirt Fox News could spill if somebody there, like a Chris Wallace, broke bad. It would be devastating. The stuff they know that they have buried or kept secret could stun a mastodon. If Rupert Murdoch ever gave the go ahead, Trump would be done in days. 

Im not holding my breath, but cracks are forming in the facade. 

22 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Kudos to Chris Wallace today.

Kudos for what?  I only listened for about 5 minutes so maybe something happened after I changed the channel, but he gave a known liar a national audience.  He pushed back plenty, but every red hat wearing Trumpkin will watch the interview and cheer that Miller stuck it to the deep state fake news.  

Not putting a chryon at the bottom through the entire interview saying "You are listening to lies and deflection" is falling short of holding Miller and this administration accountable.  

• Like 1

Chris Wallace aside the last few days we’ve been on a road trip to west Texas and we’ve listened to national radio broadcasts from CNN, MSNBC and Fox. Impeachment/whistleblower news dominates two of the outlets. One has covered the efficacy of AA for recovering alcoholics, a woman biting the testicles of a camel because she was afraid she would get hurt when it charged at her, which is better to have - a cat or a dog, and baking pies. You have one guess as to the lone news outlet going it’s own way the last few days.

• Like 1

GERALDO RIVERA: You know, if it wasn't your show, Sean, they would destroy him absolutely. You are the difference between Donald J. Trump and Richard Nixon.

In Nixon's case, if he had someone that stuck up for him, he wouldn't have been, you know, motivated to cover up that burglary. He would've let the perpetrators get their just desserts.

"Divorced from Reality" was the exact Rush Limbaugh colloquialism that tipped off media sleuths that gay-hooker-cum-fake-reporter Jeff Gannon and his fake media company were given White House press credentials to toss softballs at W's press secretary. Remember that? That was a hoot. 

On 10/3/2019 at 5:18 PM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

EF_x-3CXkAA2-jB?format=png&name=900x900

I wonder if someone could plead with Dana Carvey to resurrect 'Church Lady' long enough to do a skit lampooning Lewandowski. On the one hand, I don't like to make light of a person's substance abuse problem, but this guy, this lying traitor? Well, I think there's an exception for every rule and Corey drew the short straw.