How Fox News works

retread

2 minutes ago, retread said:

Hmmm....Trump Jr. better get right on shutting down the FEC, SINCE THAT ENTITY LITERALLY CONTAINS A LIST OF EVERY FUCKING TRUMP DONOR.

Jesus this family is nothing but mental defectives.  If they were kittens, we'd have drowned them at birth in a gunny sack.

• Haha 1

Seriously, the fact that Tucker Carlson has not been fired yet tells you everything you need to know.  

Fox News is 100% an arm of the Trump Regime and the white nationalist movement which work in tandem with their messaging to the population.  

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

Tucker’s reaction here is THE PLAY for fascist/racists that are feeling threatened.  

People of good conscience:  “Tucker, you are a piece of shit and we are calling you out for being a piece of shit.”

Tucker:  “whoa, whoa, I think everyone needs to calm down for the sake of the country.  Why so serious?”

Anytime these racists get their shit put on blast in public and they start to feel consequences for their racist shit, they immediately call for a tone down.   Once the heat is off they will go right back to the racist talking points and won’t think twice about it.  

Fuck Tucker, he should be blasted 24/7 until he is off the air.   Same with Fox News.  

• Like 2

FOX is so obvious every time they do this. If one of their people gets too much heat, they go on "vacation". When they come back, the outrage has died down enough. Fuck them. Keep the pressure on. Tucker is a White Nationalist Douchebag and other White Nationalist Douchebags say he is their spokesperson and main media ally.

If that doesn't give you pause, you are part of the problem. 

• Like 1

Nestle not going to be the last from what it sounds like.  That boy fucked up and people are pressuring those companies.   Sure, the pillow people and Bass Pro Shops and others in that vein don’t care if they are associated with white supremacy shit, but a bunch of those do, and Tucker made it hard on them.  

23 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Nestle not going to be the last from what it sounds like.  That boy fucked up and people are pressuring those companies.   Sure, the pillow people and Bass Pro Shops and others in that vein don’t care if they are associated with white supremacy shit, but a bunch of those do, and Tucker made it hard on them.  

I hope you’re right and I’m wrong but how many more times are we going to do this?  

Tucker isn’t going anywhere.  Although I’m all about pressuring Fox News to fire him.

We’ve seen this movie at least three times with Tucker.   His political influence and access is what keeps him there.  He could lose all his advertisers and Fox News will keep him for the ratings. 

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I hope you’re right and I’m wrong but how many more times are we going to do this?  

Tucker isn’t going anywhere.  Although I’m all about pressuring Fox News to fire him.

We’ve seen this movie at least three times with Tucker.   His political influence and access is what keeps him there.  He could lose all his advertisers and Fox News will keep him for the ratings. 

They don’t run a charity.   He and Laura managed to survive on their remaining advertisers and some value assigned to in-house advertising (ads during their shows for other Fox News shows), but the moment his salary exceeds the advertising, a timer is running, and he better find new advertisers.   Ratings don’t mean shit if there isn’t revenue to back it up    

Or the Murdochs get tired of running a network associated with white supremacy.  With the younger Murdochs taking more of an active role (and supposedly they are the ones that ditched Ailes and O’Reilly), Tucker could be misreading the room.

The anger at Tucker seems a lot heavier and more refined this time, simply because of the fact he pushed that shit out a day after 20+ people died at the hands of a white supremacist.   That’s the difference between this time and the other two times - funerals were being planned while Tucker was spewing that shit.    There’s a lot more blood in the water literal and figurative, this time around.   

And it feels like Fox News, and the upper management are not defending him like the previous times, or at least. Not as openly.  That has changed.  

I put it at 50/50 him coming back.   I think it will depend on whether the attention goes away, and what the advertisers do.  With the Nestle win, the pressure could easily ramp up, especially with the funerals    

He may come back on a very short leash.    Incredibly short.  

Edited by atomheartbevo

12 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Lol, "how about that language?"  LOOK AT THE PRESIDENT YOU CUNTS.

I prefer LOOK AT THAT FAT FUCKING RETARD ASSCLOWN SHITTING ALL OVER THIS COUNTRY WITH HIS SINGLING OUT A MINORITY, WHICH IS RIGHT OUT OF HITLER'S PLAYBOOK.

I do not use that Hitler comparison lightly because of my family's own history with him. 

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I hope atomheartbevo is right, too. I have to be honest, when I saw the post with the tweet, I said "well how about that?" I have never in my life sent comments boycotting anything but back when Trump told the four Congresswomen to "go back..." I had seen the mediamatters list of advertisers. Our family doesn't buy/use products by most of the companies but two of them. Starkist and Nestle, we do. Wth, I will look them up and reach out because I am beyond upset at how Fox propaganda spews racist rhetoric. Maybe others did likewise. With Nestle I listed every single product in our pantry (I bake): the chocolate chips, the syrup, the chocolate powder, the cocoa, all of it. And told them that it would be no problem for me and other the other suburban moms that I hang with (who bake cookies, brownies and cakes for teachers, etc.) to find other companies. With both companies, I received around mid-July a failry canned response, but maybe just maybe, they are beginning to see that having your product tied to a racist agenda is not going to earn you 'brownie' points with consumers.  Did it make a difference? Probably not, but each little dart eventually brings down the elephant.

I don't watch Fox, and get most of my Fox info from this website or others reporting on them, but they are one of the worst things to come out of cable tv.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

With Nestle I listed every single product in our pantry (I bake): the chocolate chips, the syrup, the chocolate powder, the cocoa, all of it.

Unless I'm mistaken Nestle sold the chocolate division to Ferrero in 2018. 

This could go in so many threads at this point.

George Conway is the biggest masochist alive.

I feel like one supreme dipshit somewhere (Stephan Miller?) Runs this ass shit through a program then sends out inane talking points that somehow work on the intellectually challenged

I hope atomheartbevo is right, too. I have to be honest, when I saw the post with the tweet, I said "well how about that?" I have never in my life sent comments boycotting anything but back when Trump told the four Congresswomen to "go back..." I had seen the mediamatters list of advertisers. Our family doesn't buy/use products by most of the companies but two of them. Starkist and Nestle, we do. Wth, I will look them up and reach out because I am beyond upset at how Fox propaganda spews racist rhetoric. Maybe others did likewise. With Nestle I listed every single product in our pantry (I bake): the chocolate chips, the syrup, the chocolate powder, the cocoa, all of it. And told them that it would be no problem for me and other the other suburban moms that I hang with (who bake cookies, brownies and cakes for teachers, etc.) to find other companies. With both companies, I received around mid-July a failry canned response, but maybe just maybe, they are beginning to see that having your product tied to a racist agenda is not going to earn you 'brownie' points with consumers.  Did it make a difference? Probably not, but each little dart eventually brings down the elephant.
I don't watch Fox, and get most of my Fox info from this website or others reporting on them, but they are one of the worst things to come out of cable tv.
I spend 30 min every monday on preset action aimed ar boycotting, writing my reps, tweeting complaints. Keeps me warm.
  • Like 2

Sarah Jeong is on the editorial board of the NYTimes. https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/08/15/opinion/gamergate-zoe-quinn.html

"Tucker Carlson did a segment about me on Fox News. The president called me “disgusting” in a tweet. Shortly after the arrest of Mr. Sayoc, the MAGA bomber, the media discovered that he had sent me a death threat on Twitter."

"I spent much of August avoiding the internet, relying on friends and editors to keep me apprised of what I absolutely needed to know. I stopped going out by myself. I started wearing a hat and sunglasses. I changed my phone number. When I saw people holding up cameras in public, I hid my face."

This August is an anniversary for me as well. Last year, I landed in hot water for a number of tweets I’d posted years before about white people, especially white men. They were irreverent jokes — some responses to people harassing me, others outright snark. Some were parodies of race science like Charles Murray’s “The Bell Curve.” Stripped of context and viewed many years later, they were enough to start an online conflagration about “reverse racism.”

Tucker Carlson did a segment about me on Fox News. The president called me “disgusting” in a tweet. Shortly after the arrest of Mr. Sayoc, the MAGA bomber, the media discovered that he had sent me a death threat on Twitter.

Of the many threats of rape, dismemberment and murder sent to me and to my workplace, at least one was concerning enough that The New York Times filed a police report. But Mr. Sayoc’s tweet at me — a bizarre, confusing insinuation that my corpse was going to be dumped in the Everglades — barely pinged anyone’s radar, let alone my own, until he made the news for mailing pipe bombs.

I spent much of August avoiding the internet, relying on friends and editors to keep me apprised of what I absolutely needed to know. I stopped going out by myself. I started wearing a hat and sunglasses. I changed my phone number. When I saw people holding up cameras in public, I hid my face.

Anita Sarkeesian called me up one day. We hadn’t spoken much before, but she asked a mutual friend to put us in touch when she saw what was happening to me. Through necessity, she had become an expert on protecting herself from a hostile internet, and in that surreal phone call, she passed on to me the things she had learned — things as straightforward as not posting location information on social media, to more complicated precautions, like shipping incoming packages to a different name or having the utilities registered with another person.

“There was a whole mechanism that was primed to warp reality and use everything that is supposed to be so good about the internet to destroy people’s lives, and in some cases end them,” Ms. Quinn said. “It’s digital warfare. The only people who care to learn about it are the ones who want to use it to hurt people.”

• Like 1

The chapter on FoxNews in history books 100 years from now is gonna be something else.  These screenshots will bring up the emotions we all have seeing civil rights protest pics.  The best (worst) is these dumb motherfuckers don't realize (or are proud) that they're the smiling hillybilly pointing at the hanging negro.  Yeah, that's you, motherfuckers.  Your family will be embarrassed of your existence from here til eternity.  

• Like 4

The chapter on FoxNews in history books 100 years from now is gonna be something else.  These screenshots will bring up the emotions we all have seeing civil rights protest pics.  The best (worst) is these dumb motherfuckers don't realize (or are proud) that they're the smiling hillybilly pointing at the hanging negro.  Yeah, that's you, motherfuckers.  Your family will be embarrassed of your existence from here til eternity.  
I look forward to my son interviewing my MAGA brother in 10 years for a school project on politics like I interviewed Uncles about Vietnam. Except my son will just laugh in his fucking face.

14 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Lulz at you thinking we're gonna have history books 100 years from now.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Lulz at you thinking we're gonna have history books 100 years from now.

Luckily I don’t live in a Republican shithole city.  We will have books.  This time instead of the south seceding, we need to kick them to the curb.  Bye bitches.