Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Machinator

5 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Looch and I both picked up some positive returns in terms of Texas A&M's ongoing efforts with CyFair RB LJ Johnson Jr. While there is still a lot of recruiting to be done, it sounds like a couple of the A&M commits have been in his ear about joining the class, most notably QB Eli Stowers. In my opinion, Johnson's running style is a nice fit for Coach Fisher's slashing/downhill running game. On top of that, he's immensely talented and would qualify as an enormous get should he wind up choosing the Aggies down the road. 

Struggling to find the "positive returns" here. Summarized, the worst early QB take in the state is trying to persuade the #4 back in the country to come play in College Station, Looch's opinion is that LJ is good, and Looch's opinion is that LJ would be a good get. 

Is this news? Did I miss it?

11 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Just for fun, let's look at the spin on our #3 rated class from 2019 when it was first coming together

Jimbo is CHOOSING to go out of state, stupid sip. The premier sec west team in the state has a national presence and so does jimbo. He goes and gets the best, and the best aren’t in Texas.  Unless they are. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Hide contents

Ryan Brauninger

11:14p, 5/4/20 

Staff

He also mentioned that he did not believe LB Terrence Lewis was a take for Florida, Florida State, or Miami at the time he made his decision to commit to Tennessee. 

Good to know a top 10 player nationally was not a take for Florida, Florida State or Miami.

1 hour ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Hide contents

Ryan Brauninger

11:14p, 5/4/20 

Staff

- I spoke to a Florida source today that was able to give me a little more local feedback on the pulse of some of A&M's targets from the Sunshine State. Here's what he said...

DT Desmond Watson - sounds like there's a large consensus that feels like he's going to be a Gator at this time. 
WR Romello Brinson - didn't have a great feel for that one but felt like he could stay close to home with Miami. 
RB Amari Daniels - he said he's heard it's Texas A&M or Penn State with the Aggies having the edge
S Kamren Kinchens - Auburn making a huge push. Aggies still hanging around. 

He also mentioned that he did not believe LB Terrence Lewis was a take for Florida, Florida State, or Miami at the time he made his decision to commit to Tennessee. 

No shit Lewis wasn't a take for FSU, UF or UM. The kid has serious baggage. 

Of the 4 that Brauninger listed, the only one they have a possibility of getting is Amari Daniels and supposedly Ja'Juan Seider is bringing the house to get him to go to PSU. Watson is locked into the Gators and Brinson is also being pushed by UGA and LSU. 

1 hour ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Struggling to find the "positive returns" here. Summarized, the worst early QB take in the state is trying to persuade the #4 back in the country to come play in College Station, Looch's opinion is that LJ is good, and Looch's opinion is that LJ would be a good get. 

Is this news? Did I miss it?

Top recruits have taken notice...West coast movement...A&M commits have been in his ear...Aggies continue to be in a strong position...A&M’s efforts are being headed by Josh Henson...

Oh wait...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I emailed someone in Florida. It took me literally 1 minute and 32 seconds to do that. I'm going to copy and paste names. Remember, you pay me money to do this. I pretty much spend the rest of the day playing call of Duty and eating sugar. 

That was an especially nice touch. 

giphy.gif

Edited by SydneyCarton

7 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Oh stewardess, I speak Aggy...

Translated:

Victory Vaka posts a lot of shit on social media. Bryce Foster and Monkell Goodwine liked a twitter post. It was a pretty big deal. Vaka said he's going to get a West Coast movement going so it's probably going to happen. It will be reminiscent of the Gunnell Effect or the Daylon Mack #WRTS movement. Buckle up

Looch and I talked emailed A&M commitment Eli Stowers. He's already committed so he kind of has to return my emails. I asked him if he's been recruiting for Aggy as Jimbo told him to do. He said he DM'd LJ Johnson Jr a pokemon picture. He said it was lit. One of the top backs in the state who we still have a slight chance of landing is a great fit because I don't know really, but I'm going to make some shit up. I mean he's still considering us. Who gives a fuck if he's a fit or not? And if its' not super obvious, and since I'm required to submit a word count for each day, it's going to super awesome if we actually get someone in Texas to commit to us. 

A Houston area source aka his head coach told me a generic statement that A&M is in good position. Just like these 4 other schools he's previously listed in his top 5. In case you didn't know, the OFFENSIVE LINE coach is recruiting the OFFENSIVE LINEMAN. 

I emailed someone in Florida. It took me literally 1 minute and 32 seconds to do that. I'm going to copy and paste names. Remember, you pay me money to do this. I pretty much spend the rest of the day playing call of Duty and eating sugar. 

Oh, in the not shocking tidbit that everyone already knew but we ignored because we're more desperate that Looch on a Grinder Date, most teams were not recruiting Terrence Lewis because he's got more flags than a yacht festival. 

The last two paragraphs are poetry.

25 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Oh stewardess, I speak Aggy...

Translated:

Victory Vaka posts a lot of shit on social media. Bryce Foster and Monkell Goodwine liked a twitter post. It was a pretty big deal. Vaka said he's going to get a West Coast movement going so it's probably going to happen. It will be reminiscent of the Gunnell Effect or the Daylon Mack #WRTS movement. Buckle up

Looch and I talked emailed A&M commitment Eli Stowers. He's already committed so he kind of has to return my emails. I asked him if he's been recruiting for Aggy as Jimbo told him to do. He said he DM'd LJ Johnson Jr a pokemon picture. He said it was lit. One of the top backs in the state who we still have a slight chance of landing is a great fit because I don't know really, but I'm going to make some shit up. I mean he's still considering us. Who gives a fuck if he's a fit or not? And if its' not super obvious, and since I'm required to submit a word count for each day, it's going to super awesome if we actually get someone in Texas to commit to us. 

A Houston area source aka his head coach told me a generic statement that A&M is in good position. Just like these 4 other schools he's previously listed in his top 5. In case you didn't know, the OFFENSIVE LINE coach is recruiting the OFFENSIVE LINEMAN. 

Oh, in the not shocking tidbit that everyone already knew but we ignored because we're more desperate that Looch on a Grinder Date, most teams were not recruiting Terrence Lewis because he's got more flags than a yacht festival. 

This is one of the funniest and most accurate posts I've read on surly. Well done.

5 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Maybe Mullen's 1st class blowing up on him weeks after the 2nd signing day made him gun shy?

History tells us if Mullen was at MSU or had needed clearance to take him this year, he would. Mullen believes in that Urban forgiveness plan perfected in Gainsville years ago.

10 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Yes, very impressive for him honestly.  350-290. 

https://twitter.com/JavonneShepherd/status/1257712374586527744?s=20

Where was that hard work when he was threatening to kill Yancey McKnight for pushing him? Perhaps there's a trail of dead trainers somewhere in the wastelands of Kansas. 

It's definitely impressive but he's taken it to the extreme. Needs to start eating again. 

What's the average weight for a tackle at this level? Seems like 305 is the minimum weight you probably need to be. Kerstetter and Cosmi are both 310. Tyler Johnson is on the bigger side at 325. 

13 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Yes, very impressive for him honestly.  350-290. 

https://twitter.com/JavonneShepherd/status/1257712374586527744?s=20

Thats about as good as anyone could possibly carry 290 pounds.  Wish he cared that much when he was in Austin.  I guess there aint shit to do but lift in Kansas.

First of all, fuck that kid. Second, that's what he should be doing; cutting the bad weight, then building back up with good weight while maintaining flexibility and athleticism in a college S&C program. He also needs to learn to not to try and fight coaches because he's not starting, and needs to work on his technique. 

By the way, Cosmi played way below 300 last year, and is currently 300 (per Carrington). Connor Williams also played at under 300. It's not ideal for anchoring and driving, but can be done if the OL is a stud. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Fud said:

First of all, fuck that kid. Second, that's what he should be doing; cutting the bad weight, then building back up with good weight while maintaining flexibility and athleticism in a college S&C program. He also needs to learn to not to try and fight coaches because he's not starting, and needs to work on his technique. 

By the way, Cosmi played way below 300 last year, and is currently 300 (per Carrington). Connor Williams also played at under 300. It's not ideal for anchoring and driving, but can be done if the OL is a stud. 

Cosmi doesn't look 300 to me. 

Maybe their weight fluctuates in the season but the top 4 tackles taken in this year's draft had the following weights at the combine: Thomas (315 pounds), Willis (312 pounds), Becton (364), Wirfs (320). 

Under 300 seems like you're really pushing the limits. I wonder what the approach is for Texas because based on these Cosmi twitter vids it looks like he's adding some more weight. 

Edited by texasstrong12

4 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Maybe their weight fluctuates in the season but the top 4 tackles taken in this year's draft had the following weights at the combine: Thomas (315 pounds), Willis (312 pounds), Becton (364), Wirfs (320). 

Under 300 seems like you're really pushing the limits. I wonder what the approach is for Texas because based on these Cosmi twitter vids it looks like he's adding some more weight. 

I don't think Cosmi/Williams being that light during the season was by choice, I think they just struggled to maintain above 300 as the season went on. You want guys to get as big as possible while maintaining athleticism/flexibility. If Shepherd is 290 in that picture, he should be able to blow up with good weight pretty quickly, but he has a bunch of other issues aside from just being a fatass previously. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, texasstrong12 said:

Cosmi’s weight has always been on the low side. Same with Williams, but I don’t think it was because the staff wanted it that way. Both guys are just naturally leaner and struggle to carry 300 lbs. Cosmi can make up for it at the college level because of his strength. He’s always in the top group for lifting during the offseason. But being below 300 will be a problem in the NFL. He’s going to need to add weight for the combine next year. He’ll fall if he weighs in below 300. 

57 minutes ago, Fud said:

I don't think Cosmi/Williams being that light during the season was by choice, I think they just struggled to maintain above 300 as the season went on. You want guys to get as big as possible while maintaining athleticism/flexibility. If Shepherd is 290 in that picture, he should be able to blow up with good weight pretty quickly, but he has a bunch of other issues aside from just being a fatass previously. 

Yeah, unfortunately it looks like us kicking him and arriving at JUCO May have been the wake up call he needed. We’ll see though. He’s shown before he can work hard for a time, but keeping it together consistently has always been an issue for him and he’s not having to go to class right now. 

Garza moves up his commit date for the Jimbomentum. 

Garza will make his decision known on Wednesday at 6 p.m. Central via his Twitter account.

If Garza chooses the Aggies, it will make the fourth commitment for Texas A&M within a week. The Aggies had been at three total pledges since early February before a trio of out-of-state defenders announced their commitments recently.

At the moment, there are two Crystal Ball predictions for Garza with both being in favor of Texas A&M.

Williams is listed at 298 on the Cowboys roster but I think size has probably been a big reason he's struggled with the Cowboys. That and he's probably playing out of position at guard. 

I think you can get away with being somewhat undersized in college. It's one thing to maintain flexibility/mobility but you need some size to play in the NFL. 

When I think of the top tackles in the NFL it's Lane Johnson (317 pounds), Ramczyk (314 pounds), and Stanley (315 pounds). Maybe those weights dip during the season. 

Let’s go with ‘since the end of ww2’ tarp. And lookee there, Georgia and Michigan make the cut, comfortably.  As do LSU, tosu, and Alabama. 

also like the guy that says we have 1 in 40 years. How many teams have more in the past 40 years?  Like 6?  How many have less, like aggy?

and how many have 4 in the past 57 years?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, texifornia said:

CDC successfully put the burr in their saddle today

Hide contents

EXR8wfUWoAAYM5B?format=jpg&name=360x360EXR8w5bWoAEE6Q-?format=png&name=360x360EXR8xNbWkAUJzqt?format=jpg&name=360x360EXR80XxXYAY_1LI?format=jpg&name=360x360EXR80pwWoAIVR5G?format=jpg&name=360x360

Tarp sneaking in his prediction that we beat LSU. lulz. 

16 minutes ago, WBT said:

Umm, Arkansas, Michigan, and Georgia have all won national championships more recently than aggy.  As have BYU, Colorado, Pitt, Syracuse, Minnesota, Army, and countless others.

This is the best part. They act as if they’ve accomplished more than those schools. Arkansas’ history blows A&M out of the water and they haven’t done jack shit in decades. 

16 minutes ago, texifornia said:

EXSDY6LXQAASw63?format=jpg&name=360x360

"Tolerate"?

We fired the guy that won the championship a few years after he won it and played for another, and then got ridiculed in the media  for being racist because we fired the next guy "too soon", and now the current guy is on thin ice even after doing something the aggies haven't done in decades (Win a NY6 bowl game).

Fucking "Tolerate"? That might be the first time that word has been used in regards to Texas fans.

Edited by Orange&White

1 minute ago, futureman said:

I don't give a shit about any of that, we should be playing aggy.  fuck them and the sec, but we should be playing them every year.  if you don't think so it's because you're a coward and afraid of losing.

CDC's said over and over that he's offered aggy our open schedule slots and they never take it. He's as annoyed with them as anyone else.