2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

6 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Just as I thought. Guduan gets the boot

Can we please stop giving Brantley off days when we are already down Altuve/Springer/Correa and coming off of a 4-hit game against the fucking Orioles? Goddamnit that shit drives me nuts. 

Edited by Hank Chinaski
  • Like 1

Can we please stop giving Brantley off days when we are already down Altuve/Springer/Correa and coming off of a 4-hit game against the fucking Orioles? Goddamnit that shit drives me nuts. 

Sparks commented on the broadcast he “looked a little tired” and wouldn’t be surprised if Hinch gave him the day off today ahead of an off day.

Or he probably knew he was going to sit and was trying to convince himself what his brain knew

7 minutes ago, HoustonFrog said:

This service time bullshit needs to change. We wasted a month of shit DH just for some dumb roster maneuvering

We have the second best winning % in baseball. I think it worked out okay.

17 minutes ago, HoustonFrog said:

This service time bullshit needs to change. We wasted a month of shit DH just for some dumb roster maneuvering

one month for 12?(a season?)

worth it.

FWIW, it should be fixed on the next CBA.  I don't blame Lunhow and the Astros one bit for it.

37 minutes ago, HoustonFrog said:

if you're saying the rule is somewhat flawed, then sure.  but i wouldn't call ensuring our guys stay with us as long as possible "dumb roster maneuvering".

as much as people like to crow about service time rules and oppression of the young, talented baseball player - to me there are 3 interests at play: the team, the fans, and the player.

in the current situation, what's good for the team aligns with what's good for the fans.  so if it keeps a player in an astros uniform a year longer, i don't care if the player is bummed out (or mlb fans of other teams are whiny about it).  kick ass once you get on the field, and we'll extend you well before it's time to look around.

44 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Diaz “had a setback” running pregame per Luhnow. “Probably going to me a little longer for him”

Motherfuck.

Said springer looking at probably it a couple of weeks before he’s back. Hopefully a little sooner

He pulls up before he gets to third here:

• Like 1