2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

7 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Why would you think Bauer could end up in SD?

Lotta talk about SD wanting to add a TOR starter,  they have capital to spend too. Padres only got a prospect from that trade, may be more movement. That's completely me guessing out loud though

i pay the least amount of attention to minor league pitching stats.

they're there to master command, to work on secondary pitches, to figure out how to manage a game.  i would rather hear scouts talk about stuff, spin rate, movement, velocity.  the competition varies so drastically from opponent to opponent, lineup to lineup, and they're likely working with almost no advanced scouting.

if one of our guys shuts out the tigers or orioles aa team for 8 innings, it doesn't really tell me anything.  if someone goes 6ip, 3er, but 12k, i'm getting a little curious.

I agree with you.

But also, Framber Valdez: 7 IP, 0 ER, 12 Ks, 4 H, 2BB

At AA,Beer homered and Toro had a 4 for 5 night.

Scrubb three 3 scoreless. 3 IP, 0 R, 1 H, 1 BB, 1 K.

22 minutes ago, Mez2 said:

Lotta talk about SD wanting to add a TOR starter,  they have capital to spend too. Padres only got a prospect from that trade, may be more movement. That's completely me guessing out loud though

Yeah, but Trammell is a very good prospect...FG has him rated the #32 overall prospect in baseball...

Peacock to the pen, trust him more in a one inning/spot start than extending him to face a lineup multiple times especially as we get later into the season

Christmas day tomorrow boys! Let's see what luhnow claus has in store for us

*fingers crossed *

6 minutes ago, Mez2 said:

Peacock to the pen, trust him more in a one inning/spot start than extending him to face a lineup multiple times especially as we get later into the season

Christmas day tomorrow boys! Let's see what luhnow claus has in store for us

*fingers crossed *

No Christmas Day is next Wednesday. Another day game. 

37 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Wonder if our rotation looks different by this time tomorrow or if we're rollin with what we got

A week ago I would have answered differently but I am increasingly pessimistic we make any trade to address the starting rotation. If there's any room to criticize our front office, it's probably ego and self-assurance getting in the way of potential trades involving our highest-ranked prospects. 

I don't think Luhnow's the kind of GM who goes all in. I think he's the guy who would rather have a deep farm system and be competitive every year and not risk losing his most coveted unproven prospects for the chance of winning another WS this year. He thinks he can win a World Series with this roster and doesn't feel the urgency we fans feel about this starting rotation. 

I hope I am proven wrong by 3pm tomorrow.