2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

2 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

This speaks volumes on the current state of the bullpen.  It’s ass.

The pen is in a weird place after a big blowout followed by a skipped start by one of the dual aces.  And the other starters haven’t exactly helped them get right with the sub-par run they are on.  Even Greinke’s start was “meh” considering how it set up bullpen usage for the next two games.  

2 hours ago, Bull Horn said:

Taking solace in the fact we lost a series to the White Sox in August 2017 that was also a kick in the nads.

I hate the White Sox.

Swept in that '17 series, I believe. 

This team does this every few weeks. Take 3 in OAK and we'll have a 11.5 game lead going into the final 6 weeks. 

Edited by Hank Chinaski
  • Like 1

We should concentrate on not losing the fucking divisional lead. Start fucking winning; it's like better than losing.

Oh not this again...

We’ll have a double digit lead and rivaling the Dodgers for largest division lead by August 15.

From back on July 17 when the A’s got it down to 4.5.
Wrong about rivaling the Dodgers division lead (man the rest of the NL West sucks... doesn’t help that we took the best pitcher in that division not on the Dodgers), but I’ll call 9.5 close enough to “double digit”:
Like Hank said, take 3 of 4 and push it to 11.5.
Kinda disappointing we’ll miss Bailey.

So an Astros-related company bought the property where that house sits across from MMP by the bar.  I wonder what they are going to do with it.  That would have been a great spot to have a real Astros HOF/Museum + Team Shop and then  repurpose the current area inside of MMP by union station.  I am severely disappointed in our HOF.  I will go as far to say it is actually a fucking joke after traveling around and seeing some of the other teams set ups.  

• Like 1

So an Astros-related company bought the property where that house sits across from MMP by the bar.  I wonder what they are going to do with it.  That would have been a great spot to have a real Astros HOF/Museum + Team Shop and then  repurpose the current area inside of MMP by union station.  I am severely disappointed in our HOF.  I will go as far to say it is actually a fucking joke after traveling around and seeing some of the other teams set ups.  

Maybe they’ll open some sort of hawaiian/tiki-themed bar:..

But seriously, maybe your comment is the plan. Reid isn’t one to do anything halfway so guessing the current HOF setup isn’t permanent.
I’m sure Mike Acosta has enough Astros crap to fill up MMP.

3 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Had a southwest flight credit I needed to use up before October.
Booked a flight row KC for the Royals series in Sept.
Anyone else going or have been to Kaufman?
Looking forward to checking off another ballpark

Haven't been but have heard it is actually a nice stadium.  Negro League Museum isn't by the stadium, but also heard it is worth checking out as well.  

• Like 1

Kaufman is great. The renovation they did modernized the concourses/amenities, but kept the overall retro space age vibe of the park (if that makes any sense).

Kaufman is great. The renovation they did modernized the concourses/amenities, but kept the overall retro space age vibe of the park (if that makes any sense).

Perfect. That’s what I’ve heard..it’s a great “new” old park. You explained that well

Love the weekend Sat evening game followed by Sunday day game.
I’ll get in two games arriving Saturday afternoon and back in my own bed by 11 Sunday.

I get not wanting to overly push anyone at this point in the season but if Cole feels fine and all test results check out, why not start him on Saturday?
We’ve fallen 2.5 off the pace for best record and do you really want to trot out Sneed or Urquidy if all signs show Cole is 100% Saturday?

...or perhaps I’m being silly and should know better that “ready next week” really means Saturday, August 24, not Monday or Tuesday.

10 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

I get not wanting to overly push anyone at this point in the season but if Cole feels fine and all test results check out, why not start him on Saturday?
We’ve fallen 2.5 off the pace for best record and do you really want to trot out Sneed or Urquidy if all signs show Cole is 100% Saturday?

...or perhaps I’m being silly and should know better that “ready next week” really means Saturday, August 24, not Monday or Tuesday.

Let me translate AJese:  We'll be lucky if Cole pitches again this year.

3 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

3 hours ago, Scraps said:

Haven't been but have heard it is actually a nice stadium.  Negro League Museum isn't by the stadium, but also heard it is worth checking out as well.  

Been a few times. Like others have said, it's a nice park. Small enough, but big enough at the same time. They gouge you for parking more than I think other stadiums do. I may be at at least one of the games. 

Museum is great and only takes a few hours to go through. I've been a couple of times and just went last Sunday. 

• Like 1

Hinch said ‘next week’, he didn’t specify which next week. All future weeks could be ‘next week’. He’ll be ready for 2021 opener is my guess 
Gerrit Cole signs extension with Astros confirmed.

Unless you meant 2021 opener for some other team.