2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

HELL YES!! That was awesome, but this has been a stressful evening.  Has there ever been any athlete more likeable than Altuve?  Seriously, he is just fucking awesome!.  Go get another one Stros!

Edited by Hate
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, BigXII said:

I had dug this out of the closet just yesterday:

EHTC9fFX4AEWL8Z?format=jpg&name=4096x409

I have one of those that was a hand me down from my grandparents.  Sat proudly on a display shelf for years. For some reason, I never opened it.  I did last year, and inside was a perfectly preserved Bagwell rookie card.  Not really worth much, but it’s freakin’ priceless.  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

I have one of those that was a hand me down from my grandparents.  Sat proudly on a display shelf for years. For some reason, I never opened it.  I did last year, and inside was a perfectly preserved Bagwell rookie card.  Not really worth much, but it’s freakin’ priceless.  

This is from the last game played at the dome, they gave it out to the first X-thousand fans in the gate. Me, my dad, and my brother went. We've been going to Astros games since before I was born. My brother, who is 14 years older than me, has a birthday that falls around the beginning of the season every year, so ever since he was a kid, my dad would take him to opening day for his birthday. When I was born, I started tagging along. Since we'd gone to the astrodome so much, we had to go to the last game played there. It was against the Dodgers.

My parents lost everything in Hurricane Harvey in 2017, so a friend of my family happened to know Joe Torre who snagged us both ALCS and World Series tickets in 2017. Never in my life thought we'd get to see the astros beat both the Yankees and the Dodgers in person like that. That October was an enormous spirit lift after the september prior.

Fuck me I love the astros.

• Like 4

In son's room is a springer, bags, biggio autographed bats from each. Pics , baseballs autographed. Above his bed is a Altuve 1000 hits poster autographed and framed. Cant believe that ill have been to 3 World Series games( 1 from each appearance). I get to go again Tuesday with my son.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Jshep34 said:

In son's room is a springer, bags, biggio autographed bats from each. Pics , baseballs autographed. Above his bed is a Altuve 1000 hits poster autographed and framed. Cant believe that ill have been to 3 World Series games( 1 from each appearance). I get to go again Tuesday with my son.

It's seriously still weird for me to say that the Astros have been to multiple world series, period. It stuns me that they're the current kings of baseball. The fucking HOUSTON ASTROS. Honestly never thought I'd see the day.

• Like 8

Went to the regular season series in the Bronx in June
I remember laughing at an argument on the subway after the second game of the series between some Yankee fans about Altuve (this was right after he came back from his injury... but remember he looked awful before the injury too).

One side of the argument was Altuve was on the downhill. He wasn’t going to be what he was ever again ( yes, the dude was hammered). The other side was the voice of reason that way too early to call it a lost season for Altuve and he would probably be right there like he always is and a pain in the ass in the postseason

I literally love Jose Altuve

It's seriously still weird for me to say that the Astros have been to multiple world series, period. It stuns me that they're the current kings of baseball. The fucking HOUSTON ASTROS. Honestly never thought I'd see the day.
Same here. Always dreamed and hoped id see them win just 1. Thats why im so happy for the die hard fans of Astros. I know what this means to them, thier families. There are family members that i wish were here to celebrate and enjoy 2017 and tonight.
  • Like 1