2nd Round: Warriors vs. Rockets

BigOrange1

2nd Round: Warriors vs. Rockets  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/28/19 at 07:45 PM

Golden State is going to dust off the entire bench in Game 6. Bogut, Bell, Jerebko, Cook. Maybe try to steal one of Steph if Klay gets hot. Otherwise, rest up the starters, and hopefully bring back KD in Game 7.

Edited by aggie08

3 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Golden State is going to dust off the entire bench in Game 6. Bogut, Bell, Jerebko, Cook. Maybe try to steal one of Steph if Klay gets hot. Otherwise, rest up the starters, and hopefully bring back KD in Game 7.

Game 7 would be on Sunday. Best case scenario Durant is out a week, worst case scenario he's out through the Finals.

GS should get used to not having him out there.

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Game 7 would be on Sunday. Best case scenario Durant is out a week, worst case scenario he's out through the Finals.

GS should get used to not having him out there.

Probably right. He stained his calf in Round 1 two years ago and missed two games (8 days). But they were also playing Portland, and had zero fear of losing the series, so they probably played it super safe.

2 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

People keep talking about this on Twitter. No ref in the world would ever call that out of bounds, and it would never be overturned. 

no ref in the world? World's a pretty big place.  

Oh yeah, the pic is so damn blurry I have no idea wtf is going on 

Durant is the biggest bitch of all time. Cannot believe he’s associated with the University in any aspect. Fuck that dude. 

Tell me something he ever did for UT and I’ll respect him. He didn’t do shit. One and done who ran to GSW once OKC was too hard for him. 

• Fuck You 17

https://www.nba.com/amp/warriors/news/durant-donation-20180105
Former University of Texas star and 2007 consensus National Player of the Year Kevin Durant is donating $3 million to UT to support Texas Basketball and the Center for Sports Leadership and Innovation. Durant’s donation is the largest outright gift by a former Texas Basketball student-athlete in school history and among the largest gifts ever by any professional athlete to his alma mater.

"Besides that"
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

I know CP3 is past his prime but he has got to start making some shots.

He and Capela looked like deers in the headlight for the bulk of last night's game, wanting no part of a handful of open looks. Inexcusable for two veterans who have been in big games before.

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

He and Capela looked like deers in the headlight for the bulk of last night's game, wanting no part of a handful of open looks. Inexcusable for two veterans who have been in big games before.

I just can't help but wonder about Houston's mental makeup and whether they just have it in them to win big games and series, given last year's Game 7 meltdown, last night's opportunity sans KD, and Harden's and CP3's struggles in the postseason throughout their career.  Series is not over, but it sure feels like it.

It's going to take Giannis or Kawhi to slay this dragon.

Since KD joined the Warriors, Golden State is 29-4 when KD is out but Steph plays. They beat a full strength Rockets team in Houston late this year without KD.

But all but a couple of those games are from the regular season (when you can actually play 10+ guys). They'll galvanize and play well, but even if Steph and Klay both light it up, it's really hard to see where the other ~50 points that they'll need to win is going to come from. 

Steph has played the entire 2nd half in each of the last two games. Like I said earlier, I think they'll use Game 6 as a rest game; if they fall behind early, or things aren't going their way, you may see a white flag in terms of playing guys who we've barely seen so far.

Just now, Skipper said:

If Houston can't win this series without Durant they won't ever win shit with this core.

They could, but they might need someone else to beat the Warriors. The core only has a couple more tries anyway.  CP3 is too old and isn't really the answer, and the team is clearly too small. They need to get an all star level 3 or 4 to play with Harden before Harden is too old also.

Even Olajuwon's squad couldn't beat Seattle. In 94 and 95, Seattle lost before the Rockets had to play them. 

10 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

They could, but they might need someone else to beat the Warriors. The core only has a couple more tries anyway.  CP3 is too old and isn't really the answer, and the team is clearly too small. They need to get an all star level 3 or 4 to play with Harden before Harden is too old also.

Even Olajuwon's squad couldn't beat Seattle. In 94 and 95, Seattle lost before the Rockets had to play them. 

can they pick up an aging Kevin Love? 

I guess my point is they may not get an easier path than what's in front of them right now.   GS has zero depth.  Houston is now a better team on paper and should be heavily favored at home and should be able to beat GS on the road without Durant. 

2 hours ago, NowThis said:

kevin-durant-blown-call.jpg?quality=90&w

Houston fans love to  cherrypick and bitch without acknowledging that bad calls go both ways. Seems bitching is all Houston fans do these days. 

What about in Game 3 when CP3 fouled on the jump ball with a couple seconds left? And on and on it goes. 

It's like they can't read the 2 minute report where the warriors got screwed in games 3 & 4. 

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate

1 hour ago, Skipper said:

If Houston can't win this series without Durant they won't ever win shit with this core.

They couldn't win that game.  It's a wrap.   That game was theirs.   If they win that they more than ikely win the series and finally get over the hump.    Harden has been great all yr and so far in the playoffs.   I thought he had finally figured it out.  When they needed him the most last night he completely disappeared.   He wont fool me again.