2018 Rain Thread

Hollywood

We had 2 cars stall and get flooded and one douchebag in a Corvette drive across part of our yard to avoid stalling. I got a picture of his license plate though.

Here is one of the flooded cars. We had between 7 and 8 inches of rain in about 2 hours.

a9a8e0da3d8f17de5db0a77035081bbb.jpg

12 minutes ago, Hate said:

We had 2 cars stall and get flooded and one douchebag in a Corvette drive across part of our yard to avoid stalling. I got a picture of his license plate though.

Here is one of the flooded cars. We had between 7 and 8 inches of rain in about 2 hours.

Holy shit

Where is this? Got .71" on the east side.

1 hour ago, Gardner Barnes said:

Feels like we are setting up for another 2011. Thoughts on that?

I don't think so.

By this time in 2011 we were way behind in rain (now we're about normal for this point in May), and the ground had long been dried out and allowed temps to climb fast through the spring.  The lakes were far below normal entering into the summer season.

Now we're about normal rain for May, even to only about -1" in most CenTex places fo 2018 rain totals vs. normal, and CPC forecast is calling for "hot"temps  but "normal" rain.  Of course "normal" rain in Austin in July and August is under 2" total for each month, so that doesn't mean much.

We really won't now how the summer sets up until mid-June, to see what the pattern (Jet, oscillations, etc.) will do for storm movement.  One good thing is that the SE US is calling for above normal rain, and in those years, a lot of that stuff drifts west into our area.

We'll be hot, probably get dry, but 2011?  Not quite.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Longhorn Al said:

Hill Country is getting it right now. Great light show.

nytncy.png

Dang! Glad I'm not about to drive that 2-lane winding stretch from Llano to Brady right now. It's harrowing enough in the dark. Can't imagine that in a thunderstorm at night, because it's heading that way... Hill Country Surly, watch your bungholes.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2018 at 7:25 AM, phdhorn said:

I don't think so.

By this time in 2011 we were way behind in rain (now we're about normal for this point in May), and the ground had long been dried out and allowed temps to climb fast through the spring.  The lakes were far below normal entering into the summer season.

Now we're about normal rain for May, even to only about -1" in most CenTex places fo 2018 rain totals vs. normal, and CPC forecast is calling for "hot"temps  but "normal" rain.  Of course "normal" rain in Austin in July and August is under 2" total for each month, so that doesn't mean much.

We really won't now how the summer sets up until mid-June, to see what the pattern (Jet, oscillations, etc.) will do for storm movement.  One good thing is that the SE US is calling for above normal rain, and in those years, a lot of that stuff drifts west into our area.

We'll be hot, probably get dry, but 2011?  Not quite.

In 2011 sucked. Had to pack up all my important papers and keepsakes and evacuate.  Horses went in a trailer to Henly.  Tried to go back home to check on shit and Hays County deputy wouldn’t let me on my street without checking my ID 

In 2011 sucked. Had to pack up all my important papers and keepsakes and evacuate.  Horses went in a trailer to Henly.  Tried to go back home to check on shit and Hays County deputy wouldn’t let me on my street without checking my ID 
You had a fire out there?

On 5/27/2018 at 1:32 PM, gsoda3 said:
On 5/27/2018 at 7:40 AM, Judge Roybeanbag said:

You had a fire out there?

The Spicewood fire got within a mile or so of our subdivision and we had mandatory evacuation.  Fortunately the crews stopped it before it jumped Hamilton Pool road.  

22 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

What’s this 40% chance I see on Mon/Tues?  Or am I counting outs??

That's in Mexican percentages.  I think it's like 5,000% Mexican = 1% American.

There is a front that's supposed to sag and stall just north of us Sunday.  Sometimes they produce just enough instability to produce some good rain.
But in general, "summer stalled fronts":

lol_idi_amin.gif

Monday is 'posed to be hot although a relatively icier 97°.  Any rain is 'pected Sunday afternoon/evening.   LOL, rain....

• Like 1