2018 Rain Thread

Hollywood

If 2 posts up was yesterday, this is today:

giancarlo-stanton-440-hr.gif?w=1000

It's already rained pretty much e'rrware in the area overnight, but the main thing is that this line of storms coming in won't fizzle nor split around us.  It could get rough, one storm heading for us has a history of grapefruit-sized hail, although it calmed down awhile ago.  Still, if these things hit the right combo of moist air they could get severe again.  No severe warnings for us right now, but that could change instantly.

After this line plows through by 10:30-11 and hopefully doesn't do damage, the rest of the day is scattered light rain, maybe even clearing out by mid afternoon, definitely later this evening.

They just cancelled all after-school activities at my son's middle school.  Not just outdoor, but indoor, too -- like the annual talent show, at which he was supposed to perform.

Must be worried about ice accumulation.

Fucking AISD.

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

They just cancelled all after-school activities at my son's middle school.  Not just outdoor, but indoor, too -- like the annual talent show, at which he was supposed to perform.

Fucking AISD.

If he's at the middle school I think....it's because they flooded.  the interior courtyard, and thus a lot of the rooms and hallways that connect to it, underwater.

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

If he's at the middle school I think....it's because they flooded.  the interior courtyard, and thus a lot of the rooms and hallways that connect to it, underwater.

The courtyard flooded.  They didn't say anything about interior rooms.  

I'm pre-disposed to assume AISD is overreacting in any given weather event.  Because that's what they do.

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

The courtyard flooded.  They didn't say anything about interior rooms.  

I'm pre-disposed to assume AISD is overreacting in any given weather event.  Because that's what they do.

overreacting or getting ready for happy hour and cinco de mayo prep? 

59 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Fucking AISD.

Lamar? I got that email, too. I just shook my head when I saw they cancelled the talent show.