Bert Kreischer is one funny motherfucker

Goo Punch

Guest Lobo
8 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

An article that was written about him when he was at FSU was the inspiration for the movie Van Wilder. 

Was that one that was in Rolling Stone magazine about 20 years ago?  He was some 5th or 6th year senior at FSU and dubbed to be the biggest party animal in America at the time?  

It's not his story, but there's an episode of his podcast where Tom Segura and Bill Burr are all hanging out in his shed drinking whiskey and smoking cigars.  Segura tells a story about how a former coworker of his friend blew the entire Wu-Tang Clan on their tour bus.  It starts around 2hrs 17 minutes.

• 2 years later...
3 hours ago, Scraps said:

Also I am 2bears1Cave fanboy so going to see Segura in January also, but here is one of the best clips that is just plain retarded 

Me too-that episode was amazing.  I think Segura moved to Austin not too long ago.

• Like 1

I don't know if it really matters but Bert seems like the stories are made up to expand on his image. But jokes are also made up so maybe it doesn't matter.
Yeah he fully admits he exaggerates his stories. Thats his thing. Tom knows it, his family calls him out on it and people who watch/listen to him know it.

One recent example is he was talking about how his daughter Ila almost killed him on a jet ski and how bad it was for like 10 minutes and then they went back to the bank where his wife and other daughter were and he starter talking to them about it and Ila said to them "oh you are about to hear a dad version of the story"

Then Bert goes on about how he almost died which they all call bullshit on. So he wakes up the next day ready to show them a massive bruise and he said it was like the size of a quarter so he couldn't even say anything.

14 hours ago, Scraps said:

Also I am 2bears1Cave fanboy so going to see Segura in January also, but here is one of the best clips that is just plain retarded 

This is hysterical.

11 hours ago, Gunsup said:

Me too-that episode was amazing.  I think Segura moved to Austin not too long ago.

Yes I think he lives here. 

• Haha 1

Went to the late show at Bass last night with my GF and another Surly and his wife. Laughed my ass off. Loved the new material. We actually left before it ended after he started telling older jokes that we'd already heard and people in the crowd were shouting out punchlines. But that was only because it was really late and our old asses had to get up really early. The black kid working at 7-11 bit is never not funny. 

• Like 1

The 2 bears 1 cave live event last NYE was fucking awesome. Tom was actually super lame in that, but he was on meds and had just had surgery on his dunk champ injury, but bert was on another level.

Super bowl live with Sapp kind of sucked to me. Too much Warren Sapp

I kind of prefer Bert these days.  Used to be a Tom guy, but I thought Ball Hog sucked, and ever since Tom totally blew up he's just seemed less relatable and more out of touch.  YMH has gone up it's own ass a bit, too.

Bert's last few stand ups have been funnier.  Tom is a punchier joke writer, but I'm just a sucker for a good story.

They're at their best riffing off each other.

1 hour ago, Scraps said:

The 2 bears 1 cave live event last NYE was fucking awesome. Tom was actually super lame in that, but he was on meds and had just had surgery on his dunk champ injury, but bert was on another level.

Super bowl live with Sapp kind of sucked to me. Too much Warren Sapp

mare they going to do a NYE show again  ?

39 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I kind of prefer Bert these days.  Used to be a Tom guy, but I thought Ball Hog sucked, and ever since Tom totally blew up he's just seemed less relatable and more out of touch.  YMH has gone up it's own ass a bit, too.

Bert's last few stand ups have been funnier.  Tom is a punchier joke writer, but I'm just a sucker for a good story.

They're at their best riffing off each other.

You just lost your life as far as your job goes.

Agree with you on Ball Hog (didn't think it sucked, but it wasn't as good) and the more recent YMH episodes, but I prefer Tom's standup at his worst over Bert.  And I don't have anything against Bert's standup. Tom's just a better comedian, IMO.  Bert's just more of a funny personality.

YMH is funnier with guests and too many have just been him and Christina rehashing the same bits ever since they moved to Austin.  2Bears1Cave has suffered too, though.  I think they've been banking and saving up too many and going through the motions with all of the change and upheaval the past couple of years.  There was one weeks ago where they were talking about seeing No Time To Die at the theater, and the next week Burt made some additional out of the blue comment on it without context.  It felt like  they recorded both podcasts back to back on the same day and Burt had forgotten that they were talking about that on the previous episode.  That's just one example, but the both of them trying to marathon through episodes back to back to back and save them for weeks later I think is making the quality drag.

I'm trying to find some new similar comedy podcasts to mix in, but I'm not having a ton of luck.  Tiger Belly is okay but I can only take so much of Bobby Lee.  Any other recs? 

1 minute ago, Tom said:

You just lost your life as far as your job goes.

Agree with you on Ball Hog (didn't think it sucked, but it wasn't as good) and the more recent YMH episodes, but I prefer Tom's standup at his worst over Bert.  And I don't have anything against Bert's standup. Tom's just a better comedian, IMO.  Bert's just more of a funny personality.

YMH is funnier with guests and too many have just been him and Christina rehashing the same bits ever since they moved to Austin.  2Bears1Cave has suffered too, though.  I think they've been banking and saving up too many and going through the motions with all of the change and upheaval the past couple of years.  There was one weeks ago where they were talking about seeing No Time To Die at the theater, and the next week Burt made some additional out of the blue comment on it without context.  It felt like  they recorded both podcasts back to back on the same day and Burt had forgotten that they were talking about that on the previous episode.  That's just one example, but the both of them trying to marathon through episodes back to back to back and save them for weeks later I think is making the quality drag.

I'm trying to find some new similar comedy podcasts to mix in, but I'm not having a ton of luck.  Tiger Belly is okay but I can only take so much of Bobby Lee.  Any other recs? 

I've really lost interest in comedy podcasts recently.  Started during COVID, I think.  At some point I think I got tired of millionaires whining (a lot of them turned into that).  Rogan in particular just completely lost me.  He can't go 10 seconds without talking about cancel culture while the guy is cashing monster checks and is basically immune to canceling.  Dude, you're living the life of Riley.  Just shut the fuck up and quit bitching.

Regarding the bolded, you bring up a damn interesting point - being a funny person vs being a good comedian.  They aren't the same thing.  Some guys are absolutely both.  I think Burr is the gold standard here.  His stand up is excellent, and he's just fucking funny in a conversational stand point.  Rogan is the opposite.  He's pretty good at crafting jokes, but he isn't remotely conversationally funny.  I think for a long time Segura was quintessentially "both", but man, I didn't get into Ball Hog.  It just felt like he lost something there.  Bert is definitely more of a funny guy than a brilliant stand up. 

Regarding new comedy pods, I haven't listened to it, but my buddy who is more plugged in than I recommends "We Might be Drunk" with Sam Morrill and Mark Normand.  I think both of these guys are funny as hell, so I should check it out.  Shane Gillis is fucking funny too, but I haven't dug into any of his pods.

• Hook 'Em 1

The main problem with 2B1C now is, as mentioned, they are recording like 2 or 3 episodes in one day to use for 3 consecutive weeks....that makes it turn to shit real quick.  

I am hoping they would stop this, but not really sure what would constitute a change for them now unless Bert moved to Austin, which I don't see happening

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...