Baylor Rape Talk Not Going Away

Doc Reeves

1 hour ago, Leanderman said:

My hope now that all these coaches are pushing back:

This casts enough doubt on the process that Pepper Hamilton is forced to release their full findings to the public. Once they do release their findings, the public gets to see the entirety of Baylor's rot. They are crucified in the court of public opinion. Coaches, admin, and reagents all are tainted as they were all 

The reality of what's most likely going to happen:

This undermines the entire investigation. People don't know who to believe. Therefore, everyone just goes to their camps. No one is really held accountable. Baylor continues to settle w/ victims and keeps records sealed. Everyone eventually forgets. 

4 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

My hope now that all these coaches are pushing back:

This casts enough doubt on the process that Pepper Hamilton is forced to release their full findings to the public. Once they do release their findings, the public gets to see the entirety of Baylor's rot. They are crucified in the court of public opinion. Coaches, admin, and reagents all are tainted as they were all 

The reality of what's most likely going to happen:

This undermines the entire investigation. People don't know who to believe. Therefore, everyone just goes to their camps. No one is really held accountable. Baylor continues to settle w/ victims and keeps records sealed. Everyone eventually forgets. 

I don't think Baylor or Pepper Hamilton will allow the report to be released, would freedom of information be used down the line in that case..?

5 hours ago, bluto said:

FIFA is so corrupt!

and another day another mac engel piece fluffing ole art, will he just blow him and get it over with. 

These pieces notwithstanding, Mac has been pretty much all over Baylor's ass since this started.

Maybe Baylor knows that over time, the rape situation will look less severe as other cases make it sound almost "normal", as in a case(s) in California/ Utah & Tennessee...

Suspended USC wide receiver Joseph Lewis arrested on suspicion of domestic violence

Lewis had previously been arrested in February on a domestic violence charge

Jul 19, 2018 • 1 min read

• Two months after pleading no contest to two counts of domestic battery, USC wide receiver Joseph Lewis is once again in trouble with the law. 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/suspended-usc-wide-receiver-joseph-lewis-arrested-on-suspicion-of-domestic-violence/

UTAH STATE PLAYER CHARGED WITH RAPING WOMAN AT OFF-CAMPUS PARTY

By D.J. Byrnes on June 30, 2018 at 12:31 pm @marion_ohio

Utah authorities charged Utah State linebacker Jamaal Evans on Thursday with rape and forcible sodomy, both first-degree felonies.

Prosecutors allege the crime occurred at an off-campus party June 17, when they say the victim was too intoxicated to give consent.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/college-football/2018/06/94082/utah-state-player-charged-with-raping-woman-at-off-campus-party

Tennessee DL Ryan Thaxton suspended, charged with domestic assault

4 Comments

Tennessee defensive lineman Ryan Thaxton has been suspended by the football program after being arrested and charged for an alleged domestic assault of his girlfriend. 

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/16/tennessee-dl-ryan-thaxton-suspended-charged-with-domestic-assault/

Lulz, Italian football.  At least it gets him out of this state.    
I still expect our friends in Lubbock will soon be selling their souls and have him coaching the Raiders again in the next 12-24 months.  

Wouldn’t be shocked if that’s Art’s ultimate reason to make this move.
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Is he addicted to coaching or something?  He took Baylor to the cleaners with his buyout, and made a shit ton as a coach there.  I doubt the Florence league pays much regardless. 

I'm sure he thinks this will somehow make it less toxic for the next program to bring him aboard. I'm not sure he's right in that thinking, though.

39 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Is he addicted to coaching or something?  He took Baylor to the cleaners with his buyout, and made a shit ton as a coach there.  I doubt the Florence league pays much regardless. 

It’s not money driving him, he’s trying, in vain, to recover his football reputation.

He views the Italian job as a stepping stone but it won’t work, I hope.

40 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

He should know he's too old for that.  I could see that happening if he were younger, but he'll be 70 before an American team even takes a flier on him as OC or something.

If Coach Bro is fired this year, you can bet your sweet ass that CAB's name will be floated as a replacement. Now, it might not go anywhere but it's going to be out there.

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

If Coach Bro is fired this year, you can bet your sweet ass that CAB's name will be floated as a replacement. Now, it might not go anywhere but it's going to be out there.

Floated by who?  Retarded fans or their 9.95ers? I buy that, but Briles can't even get a assistant coaching job at any university in this country much less a HC job at a P5 program.  He's not going to get any legitimate traction for Tech's job.

21 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

It’s not money driving him, he’s trying, in vain, to recover his football reputation.

He views the Italian job as a stepping stone but it won’t work, I hope.

Come on, plenty of coaches have gone straight from the Italian League to P5 or NFL jobs.

Artis and Davis are already gone from their '17 class. It will be a matter of time until Harris is gone. He had a lot of issues during the recruitment process. 

3/10 of Baylor's top 10 recruits from their transition class are likely gone. 

Transition class gonna transition class. I bet they lose more. 

Edited by texasstrong12

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article216240185.html

Baylor’s hope to avoid any serious penalty with the Big 12 and NCAA has hit a snag.

According to multiple sources, the NCAA’s multi-year investigation into the Baylor athletic department has taken a “left turn” to the point that school officials are being advised to self-impose sanctions.

Sources said the law firm representing Baylor in its investigation with the NCAA has recommended to school officials that it impose a one-year bowl ban for the 2018 season.

The “Lack of Institutional Control” infraction, which is so vague it can cover virtually any scenario, is the likely potential NCAA violation.

I'm sure all the rape victims are feeling vindicated today because Baylor has decided to not play in a football game they were never going to qualify for. Finally, justice is served. After all of their cover ups, half truths, self indignation, denials, tone deaf pr moves, victim blaming and flat out lies, it's good to see they have learned their lesson and finally taken the high road. Unfuckingbelievable. Baylor couldn't change even if they actually wanted to. Somebody please kick these fucksticks out of the conference.

I'm sure all the rape victims are feeling vindicated today because Baylor has decided to not play in a football game they were never going to qualify for. Finally, justice is served. After all of their cover ups, half truths, self indignation, denials, tone deaf pr moves, victim blaming and flat out lies, it's good to see they have learned their lesson and finally taken the high road. Unfuckingbelievable. Baylor couldn't change even if they actually wanted to. Somebody please kick these fucksticks out of the conference.
You're getting ahead of yourself, Baylor isn't going to self impose anything:

Update: Baylor responded to this report with the following statement: “It is irresponsible to report that Baylor is considering a football bowl ban for the 2018 season when in fact the NCAA investigation into the prior football staff and previous athletics administration remains active and ongoing. Additionally, it is premature to speculate as to what the University’s sanctions will be at this point in time.”

On 8/3/2018 at 6:37 PM, texasstrong12 said:

Artis and Davis are already gone from their '17 class. It will be a matter of time until Harris is gone. He had a lot of issues during the recruitment process. 

3/10 of Baylor's top 10 recruits from their transition class are likely gone. 

Transition class gonna transition class. I bet they lose more. 

Davis' parents were really torn between 'Tim' and 'Marcus.'

10 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I think due to the GoR's, Baylor will be in the XII for the duration of the contract...

2 hours ago, Leanderman said:

They will just wait till late Friday night to announce any further news. Just wait till the next three day weekend for their media blitz. 

The old bait and switch tactic works...

Look at how Ohio State is attempting to prolong the issues vin firing or suspending Urban...

If you wait a while, and dump the news underneath say the Urban Meyer decision, it would make it easier to go under the radar on scrutiny...

On 7/13/2018 at 2:43 PM, Hank Chinaski said:

A "spiritual problem?" No, asshole, it is a very tangible, material fucking problem in which you and your cronies were complicit. Stop deflecting. Stop hiding behind your religiosity - if I were a "Christian" this bullshit would embarrass me. 

It does me, yes I'm a Christian and their spin on things is absolutely disgusting imo.

On 8/2/2018 at 10:37 AM, Chet Steadman said:

Lulz, Italian football.  At least it gets him out of this state.    

I still expect our friends in Lubbock will soon be selling their souls and have him coaching the Raiders again in the next 12-24 months.  

Had a buddy who played LB in high school and walked on at Notre Dame.  Played special teams for them.

A few years after college, he decides to go to Italy and play football for a year.  He said he was by far the best player on the team.  Ended up playing every position during the season, including kicker.