Austin Homeless Free for All Ordinance

rage-a-holic

21 minutes ago, Bottlecap said:

Oh cute. The default "HoW ManY HoMELess PeoPLE ArE You HouSINg" trope. 

What do you think? Zero. They were tented and stable. Often fed and access to most services including transportation, waste, and medical (on saturdays and sundays). But now, NOW ... I may have some of them camping on my property or maybe in the woods behind the neighborhood. You might too. That would be goddamned funny if that happened to you.

Maybe you can round up a posse too. you and cajun.

You ever go through those woods lately? Unless you're incredibly lucky (or the woods are private property of say, your HOA), they're already there despite being able to camp nearly anywhere.

Edited by B00M
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Gonna be nice getting my weekly chili cheese too fix at sonic without worry of being harassed. That and driving under 290 without dodging some wasted bum pissing in the middle of the road.

the best was going to work one morning and seeing some homeless dude squatting in the middle of an overpass bridge, taking a dump in his hand and throw the shit over the bridge into traffic below. that was peak austin homeless for me. 

homeless shitting on and throwing shit on Austinites. perfect metaphor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Gonna be nice getting my weekly chili cheese tot fix at sonic without worry of being harassed. That and driving under 290 without dodging some wasted bum pissing in the middle of the road.

Dude that's your neighbor just accidentally exposing himself to your young children, have some respect. 

• Drool 1

the best was going to work one morning and seeing some homeless dude squatting in the middle of an overpass bridge, taking a dump in his hand and throw the shit over the bridge into traffic below. that was peak austin homeless for me. 
homeless shitting on and throwing shit on Austinites. perfect metaphor.

Was it a convertible? Then no big deal /bottlecap
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bottlecap said:

"who's actually going to pay for it" wasn't on the proposition. it was literally criminalizing/non criminalizing. that's it. 

No. It was giving the people of Austin a chance to vote, on something that was forced on us by Casar and company.

• Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, Bottlecap said:

II wonder how many of these christian conservative white guys like Cajun are the ALL LIVES MATTER GODDAMMIT ilk? 

Yes Bottle, you know me sooooooo well.  LMAO

Now wax poetic about how pro Thin Blue Line I am.

Keep slingin' shit brah, something will eventually stick. 

Edited by Cajun

36 minutes ago, Bottlecap said:

Fitlump would be downright horny reading these last few pages. 

20 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Please! Those visuals would be terrifying.

Let's not get carried away AB. There but for the Grace of God goes all of us . . . 

Spoiler

• Rage+1 1

10 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Like I have posted numerous times in this thread: word travels fast in any community. Even in those with “chronic” homelessness. Adler/Casar and the dipshits of the round table put out the “Welcome” mat. Quite a few of our homeless since 2019 (ban lifted without voter say so) came from many other places. 

We didn’t address the problems of homeless Austinites first. Which we should have done. Didn’t do.

Particularly, homeless veterans which are the hardest group to reach. There are several successful strategies that we could have employed. Adler and his band of dipshits chose poorly. Either on purpose or because they are incompetent. Fuck em.

I want to especially help those who need our help. Local people! Not fuckers who moved here from other cities and states to get handouts and order from DoorDash. (True story—no shit)

Since the band was lifted by the assholes in charge of the city homelessness has increased by 45% (meaning people are coming here). Other cities and communities that have joined many of the programs that have been mentioned above thread have decreased their numbers by a similar margin—during a pandemic.

There is nothing wrong with compassion. But let’s be smart about it. Geez.

The 45% increase estimate was as of jan 2020, so it doesn't include 2020 or 2021. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Deej said:

Seemed to be fewer people camped out downtown today. The parking lots under I-35 at 7th seemed thinned out. Maybe they are beginning to migrate. 

Word travels fast. The ones that can will travel where camping is allowed downtown. Or maybe the city is piping the music I suggested, the soundtrack for Staying Alive and people are moving along in haste because of that? Hmmmm...

71FCC3E3-C696-471F-BE71-EF74508AA277.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Deej said:

Seemed to be fewer people camped out downtown today. The parking lots under I-35 at 7th seemed thinned out. Maybe they are beginning to migrate. 

yep.  I was at 290 and 35 area and in the median there were a couple of spots with just a huge circle of trash where it was obvious someone just picked up and left.

Edit - If was downtown I'd be migrating north or south because you know that is the first place to get cleaned up.  strategically they should be looking for 183 north underpasses and then farther south.  I have no doubt after downtown and the places south of 51st get cleaned up it will stop. not sure what its like south of the river until you get to ben white.

Edited by dcar00
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

yep.  I was at 290 and 35 area and in the median there were a couple of spots with just a huge circle of trash where it was obvious someone just picked up and left.

Hot Fuzz Shame GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Edit - If was downtown I'd be migrating north or south because you know that is the first place to get cleaned up.  strategically they should be looking for 183 north underpasses and then farther south.  I have no doubt after downtown and the places south of 51st get cleaned up it will stop. not sure what its like south of the river until you get to ben white.

You totally went under the underpass and told them what to do...didn’t you? 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, StruggleBus said:

If these mother fuckers come to San Antonio I’ll cut y’all 

Moving that direction is pointless. Plus y’all have that Haven House program thing that’s working. El Pason and Arlington are proud participants in the Built for Zero program and the Panhandle won’t put up with that shit. Best to move westward. Out of state. 

8 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Moving that direction is pointless. Plus y’all have that Haven House program thing that’s working. El Pason and Arlington are proud participants in the Built for Zero program and the Panhandle won’t put up with that shit. Best to move westward. Out of state. 

Move them here to Portland. They will just do what they did there, except winter sucks, and no bats.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Cajun said:

Oh, they're coming mi amigo.

They're coming.  

They'll be fighting it out for every street corner with all the new arrivals from El Salvador.

My money is on the Salvadorans. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I'll miss those moments when someone offers to buy a breakfast taco from Royal Blue for a homeless person, only to get bitched out because they won't buy him beer and cigarettes, as well. 

8 hours ago, Bottlecap said:

Yes, if there is one steel clad truth, particularly on surly, is that we anticipate LEOs to handle situations involving the destitute or Blacks with nothing but a fuzzy embrace.

But when the Venn Diagram involves both characteristics .. well, thats when APD really pours on the charm!

I'm sure you are signin' up for the next APD Cadet class?  maybe you can teach the "fuzzy embrace" move.