[FAKE NEWS] DNC bans candidates from discussing climate change in debates

EMAWesome

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2019-06-06/dnc-denies-2020-democrats-a-climate-change-debate

THE DEMOCRATIC NATIONAL Committee will not host a presidential debate centered around climate change, presidential candidate and Washington Gov. Jay Inslee said Wednesday.

Inslee added that the DNC told him it would ban any candidates who participate in a climate debate from future DNC debates.

"This is deeply disappointing," Inslee said in a statement. "The climate crisis merits a full discussion of our plans, not a short exchange of talking points."

In an interview with CNN, he also pushed back against the DNC's decision to ban candidates who would like to participate in a climate change debate.

"That's outrageous to me, to muzzle candidates who want to go out and have this debate," he said.

The DNC defended itself in a statement, adding that climate change should have been "more prominent" during the 2016 presidential election.

Just five minutes and 27 seconds were dedicated to discussing climate change during the 2016 debates, one of the main reasons Inslee and several groups launched petitions for the DNC to host a climate change debate.

"While climate change is at the top of our list, the DNC will not be holding entire debates on a single issue area because we want to make sure voters have the ability to hear from candidates on dozens of issues of importance to American voters," the DNC said.

Inslee criticized the characterization of climate change as a "single issue area" in a tweet.

Fellow presidential hopeful Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts backed up Inslee, saying climate change is the "biggest challenge we face."

"Every candidate running for president should have a serious set of policies to address it, and should be eager to defend those proposal in a debate," Warren said in a tweet.

And voters care about climate change, according to polls. A 2019 public priorities poll from Pew Research Center found that 44% of Americans said climate change should be a top issue for Congress and the president. Another poll found that likely 2020 Democratic primary voters in California, Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada and South Carolina ranked climate change as the second most important issue behind universal health care.

What happened to the single greatest crisis of our time?  What happened to freedom of political expression?

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

That’s not what that says. 

Inslee added that the DNC told him it would ban any candidates who participate in a climate debate from future DNC debates.

Really?  Maybe I should move this to my "The left and the English language" thread.

5 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

So someone who thinks climate change is a hoax is complaining about politicians not discussing said hoax.    The modern party of gaslighting in a nutshell.

More like the modern party of hypocrisy.   If their party is so confident on their position on the issue why are the officials from their party refusing to let them comment on it?  If a political party refuses to give their own candidates the freedom to reply to a political issue why should I believe that political party would give any other American citizen the freedom to reply to a political issue if that party was in power?

Just now, EMAWesome said:

More like the modern party of hypocrisy.   If their party is so confident on their position on the issue why are the officials from their party refusing to let them comment on it?  If a political party refuses to give their own candidates the freedom to reply to a political issue why should I believe that political party would give any other American citizen the freedom to reply to a political issue if that party was in power?

All of the candidates are free to talk about climate change in the debates. They are also free to comment on climate change as much as they want.

So will the DNC install trap doors under each candidate so if they utter the unspeakable phrase “climate change,” Tom Perez pushes the button from his suite and they’ll fall into a pool of ornery and underfed sea bass? 

11 minutes ago, Chooky said:

When have you ever seen an entire primary debate on one topic? You haven't. It would be fucking retarded. Like 25 people talking about weather? Nah.

Explain to me why that would be justification for banning any candidate that participates in it from any debate where that topic is not discussed?

Also when was the last time that fascist RNC issued a mandate against their candidates participating in a debate focused on any particular topic and reinforced that mandate by threatening to ban anyone who did from further debates?

17 minutes ago, Chooky said:

When have you ever seen an entire primary debate on one topic? You haven't. It would be fucking retarded. Like 25 people talking about weather? Nah.

Not exactly the same thing but there have been numerous town hall type events focused on single events lately.  To name three off the top of my head, gun control, immigration, and health care.

Edited by EMAWesome

Also when was the last time that fascist RNC issued a mandate against their candidates participating in a debate focused on any particular topic and reinforced that mandate by threatening to ban anyone who did from further debates?

Who cares?

Not exactly the same thing but there have been numerous town hall type events focused on single events lately.  To name three of the top of my head, gun control, immigration, and health care.

Did the DNC prohibit Inslee from having a single issue town hall?

4 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

giphy.gif

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nolacycling said:

When we're down h to Trump vs whomever ,I wonder if Trump will even participate in any debates?

of course he will.  he'll get in a bunch of non sequiturs and lies and then russian social media propagandists will flood online polls claiming he won, just like last time.

• Like 1

garlic butter baked salmon

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

tender garlic butter baked salmon with crispy roast potatoes, asparagus and a delicious garlic butter sauce! all baked on a sheet pan for an easy dinner.

THE salmon recipe of your dreams! A complete meal on one pan full of flavour. Garlic Butter Baked Salmon is easy to make using minimal ingredients you already have in your kitchen! PLUS the bonus of having only one pan to wash and no mess in your kitchen to clean up when your done.

Sheet Pan Garlic Butter Baked Salmon with crispy potatoes, asparagus and a garlic butter sauce with a touch of lemon | cafedelites.com

baked salmon

Garlic butter smothered salmon is a given. It’s possibly one of the most amazing, delicious ways to eat a juicy piece of salmon and gets cooked twice a week in this house. It’s been a while since we gave you salmon and it’s time.

Normally you may opt for pan seared salmon for a guaranteed crisp exterior with a fork tender interior. Our baked salmon recipe delivers soft, juicy and tender salmon on the inside with charred crisp edges. A delicious restaurant-quality dinner!

salmon

What you will love the most about this Garlic Butter Baked Salmon recipe is that you can prepare it all on just the one pan. Perfect to get your sides cooked along side your main, especially when you need something quick to throw together. Plus an incredible garlic butter sauce inspired by our Scampi.

Sheet-Pan-Baked-Salmon-Potatoes-Asparagu

how to make garlic butter baked salmon

This really is an incredibly easy recipe with only 4 main steps:

• Bake your potatoes first as salmon needs less time in the oven. This way you’re guaranteed the potatoes will be cooked through when it’s all finished. I used fingerling potatoes in this recipe because we LOVE the flavour of them! You an also use Yukon golds or halved baby potatoes.
  • Once your potatoes are done, push them to the side and pile on your asparagus and salmon pieces.
  • Pour on all of your flavours.
  • Prepare an amazing garlic butter sauce with a hint of white wine (optional) and lemon juice.

how to make garlic butter sauce

1. Mince your garlic cloves.
  2. Rub the minced garlic all over your salmon fillets.
  3. Combine lemon juice with melted butter and pour it all over your salmon and asparagus.

Sheet Pan Garlic Butter Baked Salmon with crispy potatoes, asparagus and a garlic butter sauce with a touch of lemon | cafedelites.com

If you’re missing an ingredient, don’t worry! This recipe is versatile, use what you have in hand. No butter? Use olive oil. Don’t like asparagus? Use broccoli.

Make it your own!

how long to bake salmon

Salmon only needs 8-10 minutes cooking time in a hot, preheated oven (400°F or 200°C). I broil/grill ours in the last 2 minutes of cook time to get those crispy, golden charred edges.

wine suggestion for baked salmon

I love a chilled glass of white wine with my salmon. We enjoyed a glass or two of chilled Moscato with this! If you’re not a fan of sweet wines, try a good Pinot Gris or Sav Blanc.

Tip: Chill your wine glasses in the freezer for about 30 minutes to keep your wine cool!

Tender Garlic Butter Baked Salmon | cafedelites.com

how to store cooked salmon

Salmon will last up to 3 days in the refrigerator if stored properly.

• Store cooled salmon in an airtight container. Seal and refrigerate.
  • To freeze, store cooled salmon in sealed airtight containers for up to 3 months.

more baked salmon recipes

Lemon Garlic Baked Salmon + Asparagus
Honey Garlic Butter Salmon In Foil Recipe
Honey Mustard Salmon In Foil

GARLIC BUTTER BAKED SALMON

Sheet Pan Garlic Butter Baked Salmon with crispy potatoes, asparagus and a garlic butter sauce with a touch of lemon. A complete meal on one tray using minimal ingredients you already have in your kitchen! Full of flavour and so easy to make!

PRINT RECIPE  SAVE RECIPE

PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 25 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 35 MINUTES
SERVINGS: 4 PEOPLE

Ingredients

• 1 pound (500 g) fingerling potatoes, halved (or Yukon golds or halved white/red baby potatoes)
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
  • 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper, divided
  • 4 (6 oz | 170 g) skinless salmon fillets
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic, divided
  • 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
  • 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
  • 3 bunches asparagus, (18 spears, woody ends removed)
  • 2 tablespoons dry white wine (substitute with 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth)
  • 1 lemon sliced to garnish

Instructions

• Heat oven to 400°F | 200°C. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss together potatoes with the oil, 1/2 tablespoon of garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Spread out in an even layer and roast for 15 minutes until they're just starting to soften and brown.
  • Push potatoes to one side of the sheet pan and arrange salmon down the centre. Rub salmon evenly with 1 1/2 tablespoons of the minced garlic and 2 tablespoons of parsley. Add the asparagus to the other side of the pan. 
  • Combine 1/4 cup of lemon juice and 1/4 cup of the melted butter together and pour the mixture over the salmon and asparagus. Season everything with the remaining salt and pepper.
  • Return to oven and continue baking until the potatoes are golden and fork-tender and the salmon is opaque throughout, (about 10 minutes). Optional: broil in the last 2 minutes for charred edges. 
  • Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining butter, garlic and lemon juice with the wine (or chicken stock). Serve with the salmon, veggies and lemon slices!

Nutrition

Nutrition Facts
Garlic Butter Baked Salmon

Amount Per Serving
Calories 513Calories from Fat 342

% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38g58%
Saturated Fat 15g75%
Cholesterol 154mg51%
Sodium 970mg40%
Potassium 1549mg44%
Total Carbohydrates 19g6%
Dietary Fiber 5g20%
Sugars 2g
Protein 37g74%

Vitamin A29%
Vitamin C53.2%
Calcium10.1%
Iron38.2%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, lemonlime said:

So someone who thinks climate change is a hoax is complaining about politicians not discussing said hoax.    The modern party of gaslighting in a nutshell.

The Left says they believe that Climate Change is an impeding Apocalypse. Their decision to hide their support for this speaks both to the fact that they don't believe in their theory, and their complete lack of support among the public. 

Your deliberate misconstruction of the argument doesn't make him look stupid, it makes you look stupid.

So this may be breaking news to you, but Al Gore bought a $9 million beachfront home. There isn't any apocalypse, you guys are useful idiots who have been manipulated by powerful people. They're laughing at you all the way to the bank. No amount of logical fallacy will change any of that.

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

5 hours ago, BearSchlong said:

At least someone in the DNC has the self awareness to know that substantive CC debate is the 3rd rail that will kill any candidate's chance of beating Trump.

It's the biggest issue of our time.  

5 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

The Left says they believe that Climate Change is an impeding Apocalypse. Their decision to hide their support for this speaks both to the fact that they don't believe in their theory, and their complete lack of support among the public. 

Your deliberate misconstruction of the argument doesn't make him look stupid, it makes you look stupid.

So this may be breaking news to you, but Al Gore bought a $9 million beachfront home. There isn't any apocalypse, you guys are useful idiots who have been manipulated by powerful people. They're laughing at you all the way to the bank. No amount of logical fallacy will change any of that.

If Al Gore buys an expensive house, then climate change doesn't exist?

Who is making obscene profits from climate change, and then giving a very small portion to their frontman?  The windmill lobby? Or the solar panel cartel?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

I'm convinced that the OP's reading comprehension level is somehow less than Dotard's. How the fuck can you go through life being this blatantly ignorant about everything?

He went to Kansas State.  What did you expect?

16 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

I just googled "al gore beachfront house."  The results turn in AT LEAST four different houses that are purported to be his house. 

What city is his house in?  Please only give accurate answers, i.e., if I were to go to the property appraiser's website it would say either "Gore, Allan and Tipper" or whatever her actual name is or "Undisclosed" or something like that to protect people who get harassed by morons.

Don't fuck around here, Hammer.  Where is his house?

Edited by Bullneck

1fdin6vtmj721.jpg

Here's another:

hqdefault.jpg

Here's another:

al-gores-house-2.jpg

Or is it this one?

6d9613ee8990b5724f92baec8b27976c.jpg

Hammer, notice how NONE of these are the same house?  Maybe it's all bullshit.  Or don't you know your facts?

al-gore-house-santa-barbara.jpg?imgmax=4

Here's another photo of #3.  Maybe that's it.  Do you know for sure?

6 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

I just googled "al gore beachfront house."  The results turn in AT LEAST four different houses that are purported to be his house. 

What city is his house in?  Please only give accurate answers, i.e., if I were to go to the property appraiser's website it would say either "Gore, Allan and Tipper" or whatever her actual name is or "Undisclosed" or something like that to protect people who get harassed by morons.

Don't fuck around here, Hammer.  Where is his house?

My bro, you're insanely bad at google.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2010-may-08-la-hm-hotprop-20100508-story.html

You could've responded with substance. Or facts. What a waste of time.

Edited by Thetexashammer

4 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

My bro, you're insanely bad at google.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2010-may-08-la-hm-hotprop-20100508-story.html

You could've responded with substance. Or facts. What a waste of time.

2010.  He bought the house in 2010.  That's 9 years ago.

What should Al Gore's carbon footprint be?  How big should his house be? Let me know.

8 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

Why have an hour+ long debate with a bunch of people agreeing CC is real? What is the value add? The only thing that would be discussed is the varying differences in how to combat it. Not really compelling stuff, especially when their plans could be outlined in other debates. 

9 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

There isn't any apocalypse, you guys are useful idiots who have been manipulated by powerful people. They're laughing at you all the way to the bank. 

Do you really think Trump loves him some white trash folk and considers you to be "his people"?

You're being laughed at too.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bookman said:

I read the article, and I didn't see where it said that the DNC banned candidates from discussing climate change in debates.

Because someone with congenital brain damage got his talking points from a poorly sourced article that is probably circling the retarded segments of the internet (i.e., r/The Donald; Breitbart; Storm Front; Fox News comment sections).