Fire Shaka Smart

smokebomb

Such an epic failure at end of the OU game today.  Down 5, under a minute, with the ball and we don't call a time out.  Ok, i get it, we get bailed out by a deep 3.  Now, under 30 seconds, down 2 and we get the ball back. Again no timeout called and we cant get a shot off, nearly a shot clock violation.  Then , to cap  off Shaka's idiocy as a head coach, we force a foul and OU misses the front end.  We grab rebound and again, we're down 2, with ball and of course no timeout and we cant get a shot off (shot is blocked).

He is so bad I cannot stand watching Texas BB b/c the incompetence is unreal for a guy who is paid what he gets.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Redneck Mutha said:

Fuck you, Steve Patterson.

He’s laughing his ass off.  Prick  

BTW   How do you insert an image with a URL?  I tried with the button below but after I pressed insert nothing happened and I did have the curser in the post field   

Edited by JustBecause
Can’t insert a freaking image.

59 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:
1 hour ago, Machinator said:

I understood the joke.

I also think Greenspoint was being serious about hiring Shaka away.

Sure u did.....

"The joke kept getting closer and closer and closer.

And then it hit me."

--Machinator, probably. 

29 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

Such an epic failure at end of the OU game today.  Down 5, under a minute, with the ball and we don't call a time out.  Ok, i get it, we get bailed out by a deep 3.  Now, under 30 seconds, down 2 and we get the ball back. Again no timeout called and we cant get a shot off, nearly a shot clock violation.  Then , to cap  off Shaka's idiocy as a head coach, we force a foul and OU misses the front end.  We grab rebound and again, we're down 2, with ball and of course no timeout and we cant get a shot off (shot is blocked).

He is so bad I cannot stand watching Texas BB b/c the incompetence is unreal for a guy who is paid what he gets.

Guess he was always a mirage. One good NCAA run in 2011, then just good records in a small conference with no particular NCAA results to speak of. Kind of like how Charlie had that big Sugar Bowl win before everyone had figured out Muschamp's Florida offenses were always terrible.

That Patterson guy sure knew how to pick em, didn't he?

3 hours ago, JustBecause said:

He’s laughing his ass off.  Prick  

BTW   How do you insert an image with a URL?  I tried with the button below but after I pressed insert nothing happened and I did have the curser in the post field   

Just paste the url directly into the post

I was doing some unrelated research on another 2015 team when I saw that despite getting an 11 seed in the tourney that Texas was ranked #24 overall by kenpom, ahead of two 5 seeds, two 6 seeds, a 7 seed, and nine spots ahead of 4 seed Maryland. So I checked out our schedule (we had 14 losses), and looking back at it we (and obviously Rick Barnes) had some bad luck that season. Not only did we rank 309th in luck, the worst team we lost to (according to kenpom's EOY rankings) was #39 Stanford. That seriously might be a record for a team with 14 losses. The average ranking of the teams we lost to was 19.21. And that's not to mention Isaiah Taylor getting injured and Myles Turner failing to live up to expectations. What a beating that year was.

Comparing that to this year:

12 losses*

Worst loss: Radford, #129 OVR

Average rank of teams we've lost to: 53.25

Notable losses: Radford (129), Georgia (115), OSU (113), Providence (94)

2018:

15 losses

Worst loss: OSU, #59 OVR

Average rank of teams we lost to: 22.13

Notable losses: OSU (59)

2017:

22 losses

Worst loss: Kent State, #141 OVR

Average rank of teams we lost to: 34.72

Notable losses: Kent State (141), UTA (75, lost by 11 at home), Colorado (72, lost by 14 on neutral court), Oklahoma (65), Georgia (61)

after looking at this, as crazy as it sounds you could make a very strong case that this year has been worse than the 2016-17 year when we had an 11-22 team. That team was 177th in AdjO, #345 in 3P%, #322 in FT%, and #241 in Effective FG%. They sucked. They were supposed to lose a bunch. And yet they didn't have nearly as many bad losses as this current team, which is currently ranked 28th by kenpom and in the top 32 in both AdjO and AdjD. For this team to have this many losses, and this many bad losses, is ridiculous. 

Fire Shaka

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

It's not that people can't handle paragraphs, it's that every other post you make is a super earnest novella. This is a fucking message board, man. Start a god damned blog.

it's literally 2-3 minutes of reading. you people who act all fussy about this shit should be embarrassed. 

btw the shit that i post is commonplace on the private UT boards, where substantive discussions are encouraged and not something that makes grown men whine like babies. I just don't have any desire to post with the BWG's of the world who frequent those boards. and as much as i hate to say it there's a reason that the people who post on those boards look down on shaggy and it's posters- it's because the immortal's and cameltoes of the world add just about as much substantive content as 4/5 posters in this forum, and any post that takes the time to have any thought put into it is met with this whiny crap. but that's part of the trade off with shaggy. the same dudes who wanna sit around all day talking about wwe wrestling and your mom jokes also don't come with/appreciate anything that requires thinking or reading. 

Edited by Goo Punch

7 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

btw the shit that i oost is commonplace in the private UT boards, where substantive discussions are encouraged and not something that makes grown men whine like babies. I just don't have any desire to post with the BWG's of the world shot frequent those boards,  it as much as i hate to say it there's a reason that the people who post on those boards look down on shaggy and it's posters- the immortal's and camaeltoe's of the world add just about as much content as 4/5 posters in this forum, and any post that takes the time to have any thought out into it is met with this whiny crap. but that's part of the trade off when you get to say whatever you want.

tl;dr

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

btw the shit that i post is commonplace on the private UT boards, where substantive discussions are encouraged and not something that makes grown men whine like babies. I just don't have any desire to post with the BWG's of the world who frequent those boards. and as much as i hate to say it there's a reason that the people who post on those boards look down on   shaggy    and it's posters- it's because the immortal's and cameltoes of the world add just about as much substantive content as 4/5 posters in this forum, and any post that takes the time to have any thought put into it is met with this whiny crap. but that's part of the trade off with shaggy. the same dudes who wanna sit around all day talking about wwe wrestling and your mom jokes also don't come with/appreciate anything that requires thinking or reading. 

It is probably because of all the scat stuff, huh?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Derk don't want to engage with guys who get paid to write? 

Not those who openly fellate themselves while belittling those who don't write a blog about college sports. To sum up BWG's thoughts from this season: "Texas fans think that Shaka Smart isn't doing a good job but they just don't understand the game like i do. He's doing as well as anyone possibly could be."

Thats not hyperbole by the way. He said those things. Here. Like 3 weeks ago. 

20 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

btw the shit that i post is commonplace on the private UT boards, where substantive discussions are encouraged and not something that makes grown men whine like babies. I just don't have any desire to post with the BWG's of the world who frequent those boards. and as much as i hate to say it there's a reason that the people who post on those boards look down on shaggy and it's posters- it's because the immortal's and cameltoes of the world add just about as much substantive content as 4/5 posters in this forum, and any post that takes the time to have any thought put into it is met with this whiny crap. but that's part of the trade off with shaggy. the same dudes who wanna sit around all day talking about wwe wrestling and your mom jokes also don't come with/appreciate anything that requires thinking or reading. 

Fuck you, you fat fuck. Go suck on Rick Barnes dick

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

Not those who openly fellate themselves while belittling those who don't write a blog about college sports. To sum up BWG's thoughts from this season: "Texas fans think that Shaka Smart isn't doing a good job but they just don't understand the game like i do. He's doing as well as anyone possibly could be."

Thats not hyperbole by the way. He said those things. Here. Like 3 weeks ago. 

He and the other clown WE. 

• Like 1

Just now, Onboard 2.0 said:

A  booster at VCU who apparently knows some of the folks around Shaka posted something about it today. Manning isn't making people happy there. 

That would be ideal. But how the hell are they going to handle Shaka's contract? (I have little knowledge of Wake Forest finances)

6 minutes ago, Machinator said:

That would be ideal. But how the hell are they going to handle Shaka's contract? (I have little knowledge of Wake Forest finances)

No idea, this guy seems to know folks though.  I wouldn't have thought any school would buy out a contract of the magnitude he has.

3 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Radford

They’re in the dance going by Linardi’s bracket. We’ve had more embarrassing losses. To me the loss to VCU was more embarrassing for Shaka in particular, to lose at home to the small school with worse resources than you have now 

Edited by perfectchaos007

7 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

They’re in the dance going by Linardi’s bracket. We’ve had more embarrassing losses. To me the loss to VCU was more embarrassing for Shaka in particular, to lose at home to the small school with worse resources than you have now 

VCU is a potential at-large tournament team right now. Radford is a tournament team only because they play in the Big South.

That said, every team, even the elite ones, have a clunker or two per season. UNC lost at home to Wofford last season. Villanova lost at home to Furman this season. Nevada (under Derka's favorite coach Musselman) got blown out by a terrible New Mexico team.

The problem is that we turn in these clunkers way more than once or twice a year.

Edited by Machinator
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

VCU will be one of their better losses. VCU is 21-6, and on an 8 game win streak, 4th best defense in the country. They'll dance with an 8-11 seed probably. The facilities at VCU are as good as most of the ACC schools.  They built a multi million dollar practice facility for Shaka before he left.  +25K student body, not that small a school actually.   

17 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

VCU is good. They've won 10/11. If they had a healthy Marcus Evans to start the year they would be a 3 or 4 loss team and in the 5 or 6 seed range. With Evans they could make the Sweet 16. 

That kid Evans is pretty damn good, blown out both right and left achilles, came back earlier than expected, and he's won several games for VCU on last minute plays.   His parents sit right in front of our seats, his dad says he's about 80% back to where he was at Rice, crossing fingers he gets back further.

It's very cool getting to see first hand, parents watching their kid play collegiate sports at his level.

• immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic
  • immamac pinned and featured this topic
  • immamac unpinned this topic