Louisiana Tech @ Texas 7 PM 8/31 on LHN

Machinator

Does anyone know how quickly replays are put up on the ESPN app?  I won’t be able to watch the game live and don’t have LHN. However, I have a login I can use from someone who does. Should ESPN have a replay up of the game on their app once it’s over or will I need to wait till Sunday?  

• Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, Tylerocks said:

I woke up with some trepidation regarding LATech.  I hope there isn't the obvious overlooking of them to LSU

The last 2 season openers have me all fuckered up.

I'm still confident, but a bit more apprehensive as the day gets closer.

I need a drink.

Don't forget Tulsa added to it.

2 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I swear, every goddamn time I open this thread there is someone crying in the fetal position about the last two openers. We’re y’all bullied as kids? It’s in the past. Can’t change it and had nothing to with tomorrow. Christ.

While reading this comment, I visualized Moe slapping Curly......

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fozzz said:

Does anyone know how quickly replays are put up on the ESPN app?  I won’t be able to watch the game live and don’t have LHN. However, I have a login I can use from someone who does. Should ESPN have a replay up of the game on their app once it’s over or will I need to wait till Sunday?  

F1 races are up immediately, so, i'm guessing immediately. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I swear, every goddamn time I open this thread there is someone crying in the fetal position about the last two openers. We’re y’all bullied as kids? It’s in the past. Can’t change it and had nothing to with tomorrow. Christ.

Not necessarily, but I have spent a lifetime doing dumb shit. As I've increased in age, I find myself looking over a new proposed venture thinking, "Wait. How can this fuck up, and what's the worst that can happen when it does?".

I'm looking over a team with an established leader at QB. One with not just options but good options on the OL. A defense full of athletes, and a WR room full of 6'6" speedsters. I'm venturing into a game against an overmatched opponent - but one that won a bowl game last year.

It looks like everything's in place. However, experience forces me to ask, "How can this fuck up?".

Not necessarily, but I have spent a lifetime doing dumb shit. As I've increased in age, I find myself looking over a new proposed venture thinking, "Wait. How can this fuck up, and what's the worst that can happen when it does?".
I'm looking over a team with an established leader at QB. One with not just options but good options on the OL. A defense full of athletes, and a WR room full of 6'6" speedsters. I'm venturing into a game against an overmatched opponent - but one that won a bowl game last year.
It looks like everything's in place. However, experience forces me to ask, "How can this fuck up?".

I’m not talking about the analysis. That is great, and welcomed. I’m talking about the PTSD “I’m scared about tomorrow because of yesterday” type stuff.

7 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I don't view La Tech as a pushover and haven't all offseason. Holtz isn't a bad coach. They've won bowl games in 5 straight seasons. They played Arkansas to within a point about 3 years ago (Arkansas wasn't a joke at the time), on the road, did the same the following year to South Carolina (SC was a winning team that year), and then had LSU on the ropes late last year.

They're a decent team. They have a ton of experience. What you won't see, however, is a ton of speed. Holtz doesn't run an especially tough camp, either. Those are two key differences between what Texas faced the last two years in Maryland and what they'll face with La Tech. I expect a 45-21 win. If the spread is more than that, great. If it goes below two touchdowns, that's not a good sign. 

Mostly aligned here but I think we hang 50.

They don't concern me near as much as OSU. WVU is going to be dogshit this year so maybe they are on a similar level. Playing them in a home opener vs. at a fucky neutral site makes this different than Maryland last season.

Obviously they should be better than Rice. 

6 hours ago, UTEX_ME said:

I could see 17-14 at the half, 31-21 final. I think this is Tulsa 2.0 

I think this team should be much better than the team that played against Tulsa. If it isn't I'm going to be a little disgruntled. 

On 8/26/2019 at 9:57 PM, bigcigar said:

AT&T Tv now has a free 7 day trial with LHN. 

This was actually useful information for me. Several times in the past I have tried to figure out a way to get LHN. My provider is Comcast, which doesn't offer a package. I finally figured out my new Firestick could stream AT&T TV Now, which has LHN. I wouldn't have figured this out if you hadn't posted this. So thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoseMedinaDeJesus said:

Say what you will. This is pretty fucking strong.

Swamp person:

That one was pretty good.

The techman10 is not so funny. 

Just saw a graphic that UT was 5-7 the last time they were preseason top 10. 2010.

However, PawDawg stated something I haven't heard yet regarding the officials.

Big12 Refs with a Tech grad and huge Tech fan on the crew

Edited by Texas007
words, quotes, argggg

23 minutes ago, HalfSack Horn said:

How crowded are these busses after the game?  Is it a shitshow or pretty reliable.  I didn’t mess with another year of purple parking so I’m thinking about trying this out.  

These are primarily adult Horn fans.  They count the number and stop when full.  Very reliable.  Go directly from near the south fountain to the mall.  Nice and cool.  $10/adult, kids under 12 ride free.  You can buy tickets at the mall site, behind the Dillard’s parking lot.  I buy a “season pass” for all the games and save $10, online.

Edited by Cairn Horn88

• immamac pinned and featured this topic
12 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Fuck it, gonna start the season by skull fucking the rubes from Ruston.

Then we will proceed to curb stomp the fuck wits from Baton Rogue and every other piece of shit school on our schedule on the way to bitch slapping Clemson in the final.

Let's go BTHO EVERYONE!!!

tenor.gif

• immamac unfeatured and unpinned this topic