Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

4 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Offset with post oak, salt and pepper only (1 part salt/2 part pepper). Smoke at 250 about an 1-1:15 hours per pound, this one was 12 pounds and took about 13 hours. Wrap in paper when it hit the stall. 2 hour rest and sliceNoah Centineo Chef GIF by Allure

Don't forget weight vs. volume

2 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I'm pretty pumped at the political direction El Squared and co are trying to take this thread. I was just thinking to myself that there aren't enough political debated on surly.

I apologize for the CR gravitational force, I wasn't able to resist it adequately. My mistake. And yes, I do not want Cal as our model, for the Athletic Dept or School, but it might be too late to hope for anything else.

4 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Offset with post oak, salt and pepper only (1 part salt/2 part pepper). Smoke at 250 about an 1-1:15 hours per pound, this one was 12 pounds and took about 13 hours. Wrap in paper when it hit the stall. 2 hour rest and sliceNoah Centineo Chef GIF by Allure

That is how to do it. I use a digital thermal probe in the middle of the thickest part of the flat. When that sucker hits 203 is when the magic happens. Then it comes off to be wrapped and rested in a cooler for a couple hours.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Thanks- so to clarify, lump charcoal or post oak chunk/limbs or both?

Ceramic or steel smoker? 

What temp was the stall?

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic