Best shows about Texas

GreenspointTexas

I'd like to see some of these. 

6. “Eyes of Texas”

Aired: Originally 1969-98, then 2007-09

If you watched television in its nearly 30-year span in Texas, chances are you saw “Eyes of Texas,” a weekly documentary series produced out of Houston’s own KPRC-TV. Created in 1969 by Ray Miller, then the news director for both KPRC’s television and radio outlets, it soon became a syndicated favorite at other TV stations around the states. Miller, with his ’50s-era horned-rim glasses and mellifluous speaking voice, dived deep into Texas’ quirky culture, profiling people and exploring the state’s nooks and

https://www.expressnews.com/entertainment/movies-tv/article/Here-are-the-greatest-Texas-TV-shows-of-all-time-13429301.php

More stuff, found a few on YouTube

Edited by cactusflinthead
mo stuff
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Not one of these posts is helpful, but thanks?

Lone Star Law (Animal Planet) was mentioned, and it meets the qualifications.  Follows Texas Game Wardens around the whole state as they educate and enforce laws for residents and visitors of Texas.  It's very interesting since it isn't just a "Cops" based show that breaks up domestic disturbances between Cooter and Jolene.  One episode may include the Game Warder rescuing an injured turtle from the East Texas bayou, followed by serving a warrant in the Panhandle for shooting game from the side of the road from a vehicle at night.  Really a cool show.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Native Horn said:

Lone Star Law (Animal Planet) was mentioned, and it meets the qualifications.  Follows Texas Game Wardens around the whole state as they educate and enforce laws for residents and visitors of Texas.  It's very interesting since it isn't just a "Cops" based show that breaks up domestic disturbances between Cooter and Jolene.  One episode may include the Game Warder rescuing an injured turtle from the East Texas bayou, followed by serving a warrant in the Panhandle for shooting game from the side of the road from a vehicle at night.  Really a cool show.

Plus you get Game Warden Provaznik.

20200105_131709.jpg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

The best, RIP Ron Stone.  Watched this every Saturday.  Here's a segment from my old stomping grounds..

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Native Horn said:

Just found out a guy I grew up with is on the show.  Sean Reneau/Nacogdoches.  Now I have to watch.

Edited by Knoxtnhorn
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Texas Rising. 

damn you sir,  I thought for sure I was gonna be able to post this and get the neg rep from everyone!!!!!

I went to The San Jac battlefield over the holidays I tried, but couldnt find the secret limestone caves underneath it where Santa Anna was hiding.

and Ive got Lone Star Law on auto record with the DVR.    only problem with Warden Provaznik  is she is married to the other warden they show her with every so often

Edited by AUS-97HORN
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, UTCzech III said:

The best, RIP Ron Stone.  Watched this every Saturday.  Here's a segment from my old stomping grounds..

Damn, I went to high school in Bellville with the two little girls in this video - Susie and Dixie.  They were both good athletes too, I think Susie was on the state champion mile relay team.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2020 at 2:48 PM, blacklab said:

Two weeks from tonight: "Lone Star 911"

If everything I've read is true it should be awesome and the best show about Texas ever.

you should start a new thread..... cant wait to learn what a show filmed entirely in California is going to tell everyone about how it is living in Austin

• Like 1

One of the segments was filmed on our property (or what used to be our property before a lake took it over). A guy in a little boat is across a fence bordering a road and the GW stops and calls to him and asks him if he has permission to be there (he didn’t, as he had to cross over what is considered our fence to get there). I’ve considered calling the GW and letting him know for future reference but I really try not to interact with LEOs as a general rule.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2020 at 8:36 AM, AUS-97HORN said:

damn you sir,  I thought for sure I was gonna be able to post this and get the neg rep from everyone!!!!!

I went to The San Jac battlefield over the holidays I tried, but couldnt find the secret limestone caves underneath it where Santa Anna was hiding.

and Ive got Lone Star Law on auto record with the DVR.    only problem with Warden Provaznik  is she is married to the other warden they show her with every so often

I don't think Jennifer is married.  Maybe you're thinking about the Bailey's down in Calhoun County?