InkaUtexas

DT: COVID-19 - NO POLITICS ALLOWED

1 minute ago, BradInATX said:

If you think acho and I were surprised by Hugo's comments, you definitely misread the room.

OK.  Cool.  Hook 'em! :)

fuck that guy, acting like his experiences with a freestanding for profit emergency department is the real world.

That was some serious bullshit he was spouting, including, but not limited to prescribing antibiotics pre-emptively, and spreading stories about how hospitals are over-coding for COVID and that ICU’s are increasing because of the lag of non-COVID.

4 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

That was some serious bullshit he was spouting, including, but not limited to prescribing antibiotics pre-emptively, and spreading stories about how hospitals are over-coding for COVID and that ICU’s are increasing because of the lag of non-COVID.

It was so stupid. Why would hospitals over-represent Covid for some mythical financial gain, when over-representing Covid leads to shutdowns of electives which cripple them financially. It's a grand conspiracy by the hospitals to... lose money. K.

1 minute ago, Eskimohorn said:

It is pretty clear to me that the guy has never dealt with someone in coding before, because at every place i have ever been those folks are up to their ears in bullshit and *HATE* having something pushed down from on high about how they do their coding.

If there was some systematic, organization wide issue here (Methodist Main for example has almost 7000 discharges / month, Baptist is at a little under 5000, University is at 2300) wouldn't you think that someone there would whistleblow this kind of thing in about two seconds either at the coding, case management, accounting, PFS or physician side of things?

17 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

It was so stupid. Why would hospitals over-represent Covid for some mythical financial gain, when over-representing Covid leads to shutdowns of electives which cripple them financially. It's a grand conspiracy by the hospitals to... lose money. K.

preach tina fey GIF by Sisters

A friend of mine on FB posted this picture today, and another acquaintance tried to explain it away as the results of more testing. Where can I find a chart showing how the positivity rate is increasing more than what it should be? If you're testing a bunch more people, than ideally the positivity rate should be declining or at least staying the same, and I don't think that's happeningf942117ee2b8ba3fda1ed5b72132fcfa.jpg

Enviado desde mi SM-G973U mediante Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Who the fuck cares anymore

even the "smartest guy in the room" no like masks.  its ok, he was outdo....wait.  he's not old...wait.  he's not endangering others in the ro...wait. 

doesn't he know HVAC systems can carry the virus 100's of feet?

Of course, you follow Bill Mitchell. 

Bill is open about anti masks. I wear a mask indoors.

Our talking heads are the prime example of do as I say, not as I do. But you can ignore that, I don’t care.

Remember that time Jason Witten got his helmet ripped off and kept running, and nothing bad happened to him? But NFL players still wear helmets.

Grow up. Seriously.

1 minute ago, Pam Cummings said:

Remember that time Jason Witten got his helmet ripped off and kept running, and nothing bad happened to him? But NFL players still wear helmets.

Grow up. Seriously.

'member that time Pam Cummings hero got caught not wearing a mask indoors after telling everyone to wear masks...yeah I 'member.

10 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Bill is open about anti masks. I wear a mask indoors.

Our talking heads are the prime example of do as I say, not as I do. But you can ignore that, I don’t care.

Yeah, you're right. The 40 seconds he has his mask off negates anything else he's ever said.

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

'member that time Pam Cummings hero got caught not wearing a mask indoors after telling everyone to wear masks...yeah I 'member.

Grow up.

Yeah, you're right. The 40 seconds he has his mask off negates anything else he's ever said.

Well he did say back in the beginning of this shit that masks aren’t going to stop the spread. It may prevent you from spreading it. If you cough or sneeze in a mask, it’s pretty much worthless

But if it’s still the one thing to maintain a functioning economy then I’m for it.

And he’s probably tested daily. No the 40 seconds isn’t going to do anything. But damn life is better without a mask on.

48 minutes ago, iodeac said:

A friend of mine on FB posted this picture today, and another acquaintance tried to explain it away as the results of more testing. Where can I find a chart showing how the positivity rate is increasing more than what it should be? If you're testing a bunch more people, than ideally the positivity rate should be declining or at least staying the same, and I don't think that's happeningf942117ee2b8ba3fda1ed5b72132fcfa.jpg

Assuming you're in Texas, the Tribune lays it out pretty well in a series of charts here for our state: https://apps.texastribune.org/features/2020/texas-coronavirus-cases-map/

3 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Grow up.

says the girl that uses a sophomoric Jason Witten analogy(which isn't even accurate to the situation). seriously, get a clue.

Grow up. Seriously.

Is Jason witten potentially spreading a disease without a helmet? If it was in college he’d have to sit out a play. Could’ve been bad if the team needed him the next play

Just now, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Is Jason witten potentially spreading a disease without a helmet? If it was in college he’d have to sit out a play. Could’ve been bad if the team needed him the next play

yeah but Jason Witten took off his own helmet.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, iodeac said:

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

Assuming you're in Texas, the Tribune lays it out pretty well in a series of charts here for our state: https://apps.texastribune.org/features/2020/texas-coronavirus-cases-map/

Yup, you should point him to this positivity chart there:

image.png.3ae27ec6f7e58ddc140320390d736911.png

Or you can go here: https://sph.uth.edu/dept/bads/covid19-dashboard

And they have a chart that shows the increase in testing vs the increase in daily cases. They break it down very easily:

If the two lines are parallel, then the increase in cases could potentially be explained by increased testing.
If the cases increase faster than the tests, this suggests that the increase in cases cannot be explained by increased testing.

(edit - also assuming Texas)

Edited by Captain Ron

2 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Grow up. Seriously.

You should work on your analogies, cause they really suck. 

1 minute ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

You should work on your analogies, cause they really suck. 

Just like Jason Witten worked on his analogies and still PM Derka.

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

4 hours ago, dcar00 said:

Was there anyone anywhere near Fauci during the half a minute that he lowered his mask?

You understand that masks make your face hot after a while, right?

Are you fucking retarded?

God damn.

Edited by TexArcher

10 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

The $64K question - 

Masks and some form of “capacity limitations” are probably doable.  Compliance will fade fairly quickly without, “bodies in the trees”.

Was there anyone anywhere near Fauci during the half a minute that he lowered his mask?
You understand that masks make your face hot after a while, right?
Are you fucking retarded?
God damn.

Did you miss the mask less person right behind him? Aww his face got hot? Yes I realize it. It fucking sucks. I still wait until the moment I’m outside to remove it.

God damn.

Y'all ever feel like, I dunno...like you're the smart one at the party?  The person that just sort of sees what nobody else can see, know what nobody else knows.  I mean, it's a blessing but a burden, you know what I mean?  Like you're, I dunno...a lone warrior in this cosmic dance we call life.  Lone Lobo, maybe?  Yeah, that seems right.    

1 hour ago, StruggleBus said:

This would be absolutely fantastic news if true

need 2 more weeks

46 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Y'all ever feel like, I dunno...like you're the smart one at the party?  The person that just sort of sees what nobody else can see, know what nobody else knows.  I mean, it's a blessing but a burden, you know what I mean?  Like you're, I dunno...a lone warrior in this cosmic dance we call life.  Lone Lobo, maybe?  Yeah, that seems right.    

It ain't you, chief.

1 hour ago, StruggleBus said:

This would be absolutely fantastic news if true

Yep.  i'm not going to celebrate yet, but if we have indeed gotten a much better handle on deaths, that is a very good thing.

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

giphy.gif

NY with 636 deaths today

I thought they had this under control?

14 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

NY with 636 deaths today

Ages?  Is there a breakdown on demographics and locations?

19 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

NY with 636 deaths today

Those are backdated. 

New York City's daily new death total, as reported by the NYC Department of Health, largely tracks the state's pattern, but after 4/14 includes "probable" deaths, and on 6/30 adds 692 confirmed deaths of city residents who died outside the city in the first three months of the epidemic.

https://gothamist.com/news/coronavirus-statistics-tracking-epidemic-new-york

10 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

giphy.gif

So wait, you guys don't see me as like a Lone Warrior?  A Lobo Warrior?  I mean, a lot of people are saying that's how they see me, as a Lone Warrior type.  

At least...that's what they're saying.