Texas AD Chris Del Conte

Machinator

Just now, ImissWallyPryor said:

I have no intention of getting the Twitters, but since that seems to be CDC's preferred method of communicating, I wish someone would harass him about the shitty Texas ticket website.  It's been crap for 20 years, and it doesn't get any better no matter how many times they redesign it.

People have been harassing him about it plenty. I just haven't been posting those tweets.

On 5/22/2019 at 4:43 PM, ImissWallyPryor said:

I have no intention of getting the Twitters, but since that seems to be CDC's preferred method of communicating, I wish someone would harass him about the shitty Texas ticket website.  It's been crap for 20 years, and it doesn't get any better no matter how many times they redesign it.

I wanted buy some away game tickets, so I chose the first suggestion on the paper request form for THREE EASY WAYS TO REQUEST AWAY GAME TICKETS:  1) ONLINE AT TEXASSPORTS.COM/TICKETS.  Should be a snap, right?  As instructed, I selected Football.  From there, my two options are 2019 Football NEW Season Ticket Deposits or Young Alumni Football Tickets.  Nothing about requesting away game tickets.

So, I say fuck it, I'm not on a search-and-find mission.  I chose option number 2 of THREE EASY WAYS...:  Call 512-471-3333.  About 30 seconds and my order has been placed.

I've ordered tickets from NAIA, D-2, and FCS school websites, and they are all better than the all-mighty University of Texas ticket website.  In fact, the general athletic website for almost any school is better than www.texassports.com.

It's embarrassing, I tell ya.

Not disagreeing with you, but I did find the away game ticket order online:

Login - https://texaslonghorns.donornetpac.com/Texas/Login.aspx

Manage My Tickets >>  Season renewal application  >> 2019 Football away game application

Edited by LonghornSean

4 hours ago, LonghornSean said:

Not disagreeing with you, but I did find the away game ticket order online:

Login - https://texaslonghorns.donornetpac.com/Texas/Login.aspx

Manage My Tickets >>  Season renewal application  >> 2019 Football away game application

I knew it was there someplace, I’ve just grown weary of navigating that crappy website. I went to the address they suggested, picked the choices they gave me, and it wasn’t there. I bet I got my tickets faster calling them than anyone did using that damn ticket website. 

Guest Lobo

Same people that bitch about a $3 soda  on an airline flight.  If you can't go 2 hrs without a soda and/or can't afford $3 for said soda, you don't belong in U.S. airspace.  

Watching a movie or a graduation without popcorn or flying without soda is really fucking easy once you shut the fuck up.  

On 5/25/2019 at 12:31 AM, Pato del Muerto said:

Complaining about the price of popcorn for a fucking school graduation?  How many engineers are walking that a snack is necessary?

When I graduated they mixed us with mccombs so it was way too big.

In Bobby Burton's "Friday" post today a small bit on CDC...

This didn't get much publicity, but the Texas men's golf team narrowly missed out on a national championship, losing 3-2 to Stanford in the finals earlier this week.

It could have been two national championships in as many weeks for the Longhorns' following the unexpected tennis championship two weeks ago.

I'm very big on breeding a culture of success among all sports. A rising tide lifts all ships.

So while some may not feel like secondary sports at a school like Texas are important, I disagree. I'm not saying they are the revenue drivers or especially the fan drivers of the school.

But if a school is going to hold itself out as a beacon of success, then that should carry over to every sport they endeavor.

It's why the lack of success for so many years in sports like women's softball, basketball and soccer have been so maddening.

Based on early returns, I think athletic director Chris Del Conte sees the bigger picture. And he is going to be chasing national success in all sports, not just the big ones that have all of their games televised.

• Like 3

"Hey CDC, I'm a really important student, why am I only allowed one TX ou ticket? "

"Hmm, can we video chat about this?"

Hope he live tweets his experiences when he gets out of college.

"Omg, I've been here a week and yet, still no promotion!"

"Calling dad..."

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Adam Bergman seems like a twat. Apparently he's an AEPi - what's their rep on campus?

Based on a quick scroll through his twitter page, He’s a twat of the highest degree.

Here’s him explaining to someone the reason he wants the extra ticket is so he can surprise his gf, who he tagged in the tweet, with tickets:

20 minutes ago, Eggo said:

This Adam Bergman and his girlfriend are shitty people who probably wish slavery was still allowed. Give the bitch your card and let her buy her own ticket. 

I hope CDC told him to fuck off (nicely).

Edited by MirrOlure

6 minutes ago, MAUFRAIS said:

They’re just trying to bring some southern hospitality. Jeez.

Adam is the guy who invites 8 friends to squeeze into the section with him at the OU game so that people are crammed into the aisles with no room to breathe. Asshole.

I love how open CDC is but hate he responds to bitchy students like this. I miss my college days at Texas driving up for Texas/ou and it would never cross my mind to challenge the fucking AD about the rules for buying tickets. It's called life you pussy millennial so learn to roll with the punches of the tough life i'm sure you struggle to live.

I wish CDC would call him and say "Great finally have you off the record and not on social media, listen, the world doesn't revolve around you or your whiny gf that quite frankly isn't even all that so why don't you let her call and use your CC and just like that you bought her ticket problem solved". 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I love how open CDC is but hate he responds to bitchy students like this. I miss my college days at Texas driving up for Texas/ou and it would never cross my mind to challenge the fucking AD about the rules for buying tickets. It's called life you pussy millennial so learn to roll with the punches of the tough life i'm sure you struggle to live.

I wish CDC would call him and say "Great finally have you off the record and not on social media, listen, the world doesn't revolve around you or your whiny gf that quite frankly isn't even all that so why don't you let her call and use your CC and just like that you bought her ticket problem solved". 

Cue up you are nothing but an insensitive,  sexist,  and privileged white guy.    Common  retort for calling out a millennial.