Texas AD Chris Del Conte

Machinator

On 6/28/2019 at 10:11 AM, SwanderedTalent said:

fourth, in a year men's basketball didn't make the NCAA tournament and baseball was a fucking abortion

Honestly surprised to see A&M in the top 15, but that's probably because I just think of them as a fucking inbred backwater redneck shithole that doesn't pay any attention to anything other than next year in football, whereas in truth, they're a fucking inbred backwater redneck shithole that only pays a little attention to anything other than jacking off while dreaming about Jimbo's 20xx national championship

interesting also that Ohio State is dropping like a stone in those ratings the past few years

Top 15 or not... your thinking is spot on.

Effective leaders don’t say ‘I.’ They don’t think ‘I.’ They think ‘we’; they think ‘team.’ They understand their job to make the team function. They accept responsibility, but make sure ‘we’ gets the credit. That's how things get done - together. (link: https://www.athleticdirectoru.com/video/chris_del_conte_leadership/) athleticdirectoru.com/video/chris_de…

1:14 PM · Jul 11, 2019

Edited by LTtxfan

On 7/27/2019 at 11:21 AM, hornbri said:

Well he made good on the tailgating on campus thing. 

IMG_1741.jpeg

I am going to say this about CDC. This personalized brochure that was sent out to season ticket holders was a nice touch. Was cool and definitely different than the standard stuff sent in the past.

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Yeah, I liked the part where it explains how to get to our seats. Like after 49 years I haven’t figured it out.

That may be because of some of the major capacity entrance gates being closed for the SEZ work. 

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

Interesting brochure, especially about the campus tailgating, but it did not address those of us who like to gather inside the parking garages with our food & drink spreads. (No cooking involved)

Nothing like a little carbon monoxide to go with your sandwich and jack and coke.  

48 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Nothing like a little carbon monoxide to go with your sandwich and jack and coke.  

Not a problem, as we have a corner spot with plenty of breezes to keep us comfortable. Besides, the traffic in there doesn't get busy until an hour before kickoff - when we are breaking camp. Sandwiches? meh. One of the family members has a catering business on the side - he brings about 15 pounds of brisket, 10 pounds of sausage, maybe some pulled pork, tater salad, beans, etc. Others bring queso, guacamole, chips, and Mrs. brat bakes the brownies & chocolate chip cookies. Everyone brings their own drinks. Anywhere between 15 to 25 family  friends show up, and we clean up before leaving.

spacer.png

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Not a problem, as we have a corner spot with plenty of breezes to keep us comfortable. Besides, the traffic in there doesn't get busy until an hour before kickoff - when we are breaking camp. Sandwiches? meh. One of the family members has a catering business on the side - he brings about 15 pounds of brisket, 10 pounds of sausage, maybe some pulled pork, tater salad, beans, etc. Others bring queso, guacamole, chips, and Mrs. brat bakes the brownies & chocolate chip cookies. Everyone brings their own drinks. Anywhere between 15 to 25 family  friends show up, and we clean up before leaving.

spacer.png

Not bad.  Breeze and shade.  

0-FDFA71-F-5-DB6-4082-A1-AA-3972-F9-D61-D29.jpg

I walk by your set up every game. Next time I’m going to yell muledick

5 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Man I just have never understood how people can eat so much food before a game.

I would always prefer to wait until afterwards.

Eating lunch at 12 for a 2:30 game seems odd to you?  Or eating late lunch/early dinner at 5 for a 7 PM kickoff?

About the only time we don't prepare at least one meal at a tailgate party is for 11 AM kickoffs, in that case we usually just grab a bunch of breakfast tacos.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, utee94 said:

Eating lunch at 12 for a 2:30 game seems odd to you?  Or eating late lunch/early dinner at 5 for a 7 PM kickoff?

About the only time we don't prepare at least one meal at a tailgate party is for 11 AM kickoffs, in that case we usually just grab a bunch of breakfast tacos.

He's trying to tell you he doesn't want to have to take a shit at the stadium. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, justhookit said:

It’s fine for what it is. We had a package for 2 years, but not doing it anymore. Can’t beat the convenience.

How many people can they accommodate and what is the cost?

We used to run a very large charitable tailgate party in the state lots, but when all the construction forced us to shrink, we gave it up.  We've been thinking about doing one  big one for LSU this year but not sure where to set up.

On 7/25/2019 at 7:51 AM, texifornia said:

Required by the conference.

On 7/25/2019 at 7:50 AM, Post Oak said:

Why the fuck do we need a big 12 logo?  get that shit out of here

Then put it on that rectangle of astroturf they have Bevo crap on.

It’s all on their website. You can do single game or the whole season with varying price levels depending on the package and extras you choose. We had the smallest version and generally had 10-15 people at any given time coming ang going. I think they do packages up to 100, but it’s not like they go around counting how many people you have in your area.

https://tailgateguys.com/

Edited by justhookit
  • Like 1