Awful horrible bad shit is happening in the USA right now, if you are afraid of your fucking feelings getting hurt this isn't the website for you. ×

36 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

Seems pretty risky to have mailed al those stimulus checks then. 

25 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Isn't it hilarious that Trump and the Republicans, who have done nothing to strengthen voting machines, are worried about mail-in election fraud?

If they strengthen the voting machines, folks across the big water wouldn't be able to access the data. Really hard to access the mail from there, though....

Admitting again that the GOP can’t win an election if people are allowed to vote. 

17 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Isn't it hilarious that Trump and the Republicans, who have done nothing to strengthen voting machines, are worried about mail-in election fraud?

I'm in stitches

There is kind of an issue with mail/absentee ballots, but I'm not 100% sure it's fraud.

John Wiley Price and Kathy Neal have/had a vote-delivering machine whereby they (their minions more accurately) would assist elderly and impoverished minority voters with securing and filling out absentee ballots and making sure they were delivered on time.  All ostensibly legal, except we don't really know how the machine influences the actual votes cast.

It's somewhat predictable how these ballots are voted, both by the demographic involved and with the "assistance" provided by the "machine."  That's why I'm not quite sure it's fraud.

However, on occasion, that machine gets involved in delivering the vote on issues that that demographic would not necessarily support.  That demographic turned out heavily in support of Dallas' Trinity Project and the AA arena deal.  By most accounts because Ross Perot, Jr. and other citizens council types engaged the Price/Neal machine.

As someone pointed out, in a local election, a few hundred votes can make all the difference.

Even if this is the dirtiest of vote fraud, it's a relatively small-scale deal and probably not enough evidence to scrap absentee/mail-in voting entirely.

This is how JWP accrued a lot of power in Dallas County.  He can deliver the vote.  And his utility to whitey is why he hasn't been prosecuted often or successfully.

I’d much rather have Beto say, “election administrators cannot verify a disability or your sickness, they assume your interpretation is correct” than sharing a headline that says you can’t vote by mail.

On 5/29/2020 at 4:01 PM, StassneyHorn said:

I’d much rather have Beto say, “election administrators cannot verify a disability or your sickness, they assume your interpretation is correct” than sharing a headline that says you can’t vote by mail.

Yeah.

And my wife and I are requesting absentee ballots because of that.

I realize this is not about mail in voting, but unfounded allegations of voting fraud abound. What is the common thread here?

38 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Of course they do.  Everything that comes out of GOP/Trumpkins mouth is a lie.  That's the starting point.  

Don't bother running down these rumors or these falsehoods.   America is unemployed, burning and dying.  They're in charge.  That's the only thing they need to be reporting on. 

On 6/2/2020 at 7:36 AM, HenryJames said:

they're laying the groundwork for this claim >>>> 'this federal election is going to be compromised and needs to be suspended.'

mpu

Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion