MirrOlure

8/1, it’s time for the Hatch Chili thread

Don’t even have a specific plan for them. They’ll probably show up on my eggs in the morning

a67dd1e763120dee352d14a6e3d38b6a.jpg

Grocery stores in Amarillo have their roasters going today, wife got a big bag of the hot ones. I love this time of year, Fall is close.

Last year's Hatch celebration at HEB in Austin lasted about 18 hours.  I'm hoping for a little more access this year.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, UTPhil2006 said:

The real question is is Whataburger gonna finally bring back the Green Chile double?

this !!

Whataburger_GreenChile.jpg

Edited by tx 3 putt

Best special burger they have and they never bring it back 

2 hours ago, UTPhil2006 said:

The real question is is Whataburger gonna finally bring back the Green Chile double?

I don’t have much faith in our new Chicago Overlords.  Have you noticed in the commercial about the burger with pico de gallo that the actor calls it “PICK-O?”   

As long as they don't fuck up my #2 with two slices of cheese, grilled jalapenos, and grilled onions. 

was just through hatch on sunday.  they had a freezer full of gallon ziplocs that had just been roasted that morning for $12.  they weren't even frozen yet, still hot in the freezer.  going to make rellenos with mine.

On 8/4/2020 at 8:07 AM, thrillhammer said:

was just through hatch on sunday.  they had a freezer full of gallon ziplocs that had just been roasted that morning for $12.  they weren't even frozen yet, still hot in the freezer.  going to make rellenos with mine.

going to be in Ruidoso in the next couple of months, and am hoping that i can maybe possibly potentially find some there...

In Albuquerque this week and stopped at a Smiths grocery. Had a guy out front roasting them. Smelled good. If I coulda bought 1 would have and just ate with some Fritos. Oh well.  

Picking up a pound of Hot from H‑E‑B in half an hour. Gonna roast ‘em and make hatch chili salsa donna. No recipe, fight me. Let’s fucking go. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

On 8/3/2020 at 8:10 PM, jimmyjazz said:

Last year's Hatch celebration at HEB in Austin lasted about 18 hours.  I'm hoping for a little more access this year.

Go to Central Market you whiny faget. They’re already on day four.

21 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Go to Central Market you whiny faget. They’re already on day four.

Already placed my order for pickup tomorrow.  Roughly 5 lb each mild and hot.  I'm thinking "hatch fettuccine alfredo" to start.  (Rough take on Chez Zee's jalapeno alfredo.)

Edited by jimmyjazz