Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

23 hours ago, Lhorn said:

That delay of game call on Texas just before the half was idiotic.  OSU slow in substituting and ref pulled his hand of the ball with 1 second on the play clock and he was still right next to the DT with zero on the play clock.  Gamesmanship by Gundy, no problem. Refs gotta be smarter than to call that on Texas.  Literally a fraction of a second to snap the ball with a ref still right in the middle of the DL.  Stupid call 

It’s a trend I’ve seen in other games.   Anytime the defense does a last second sub, they need to add five seconds to the play clock.    Problem solved.  

• Hook 'Em 1

It’s a trend I’ve seen in other games.   Anytime the defense does a last second sub, they need to add five seconds to the play clock.    Problem solved.  

Hell, just stop the damn thing. Give the defense 5 seconds to get guys subbed after the offense does, or let the ball be snapped.
  • Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

The substitution rule must be changed. The 25-second play clock cannot logically be running when an official is preventing a play from being run.

No this would make it too easy for the offense to kill clock at the end of games. Even if the defense elected not to match the substitution the umpire would still hold the ball for 5 seconds or so figuring that out. The answer was posted before, the umpire holds the ball for a maximum of 10 seconds after the offense finishes substituting. The play in our game yesterday was at least 24 seconds. 

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

And don't run the game clock, either. If the ball is ready for play, get the fuck out of the way, ref, and let the game play. If it's not ready then stop all the clocks.

And if you're going to allow the defense to "respond" then why don't you let the offense respond to the defense's response? The only real problem for you, ref, is making sure that anyone who comes in, stays in for at least one play. That isn't too much for you, is it? But then, we'd have to let the D rerespond, and so on. Actors, reactors, rereactors, rereactors rereacting to the preactors.

Maybe limit substitutions? If the O sends out three new guys, let the D send out up to three. Wait, though, the D shouldn't have an advantage, so if the D "over-substitutes" by sending in more players, then the O should be allowed to add players, that would be only fair, right? 

Or signal "ready". Yeah, there we go: let the HC on each sideline wave a flag, or maybe a large, colorful foam hand, when his (or her) team has reached a point of readiness, and then start the clocks. When one guy signals, the other guy has five seconds to respond and play may start.

In fairness to all involved, the HC shall designate a designated Signal Flag Handler, from a group including the HC him (or her) self, the official team Mascot, Band Major, or any sufficiently rude Yell Cheer Leader.

1 hour ago, BurntEyes said:

Or delay of game on the defense.

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

Yup.  That would solve the problem.

its ALREADY on the books, there is wording in all levels of football about purposely wasting time.   even the TV ref specifically mentioned that there probably should have been a delay of game on the defense.

The easy fix was listed above by Huckleberry.  Max of 10 seconds of the ref holding up the ball being ready for play once the clear final offensive substitute has entered the field- notice I didnt say Offensive player who is being replaced, being off the field.  With the obvious already excluded end of half FG attempt

1 hour ago, AUS-97HORN said:

its ALREADY on the books, there is wording in all levels of football about purposely wasting time.   even the TV ref specifically mentioned that there probably should have been a delay of game on the defense.

The easy fix was listed above by Huckleberry.  Max of 10 seconds of the ref holding up the ball being ready for play once the clear final offensive substitute has entered the field- notice I didnt say Offensive player who is being replaced, being off the field.  With the obvious already excluded end of half FG attempt

Yes, I know. I'm agreeing that defensive delay of game was the appropriate call for that play.

I don't really think a rule of "max of 10 seconds of the ref holding the ball being ready for play" would work, simply because I think it's putting too much on the refs to be able to manage that.

Unfortunately there is no "easy fix" but at the very least, enforcing the rules already on the books, should be the bare minimum.

Siap. For anyone who's interested in actual facts over feelings (i.e.not Aggies). Texas was number one in penalties called against them and last in opponent penalties called. I don't know how it can be any more clear than this.

Take away that extra conference championship game we end up second behind Oklahoma which is the other team that got bent over this year.

image.png

Edited by FtheBig12
  • Rage+1 3

10 hours ago, Tex Long said:

And don't run the game clock, either. If the ball is ready for play, get the fuck out of the way, ref, and let the game play. If it's not ready then stop all the clocks.

And if you're going to allow the defense to "respond" then why don't you let the offense respond to the defense's response? The only real problem for you, ref, is making sure that anyone who comes in, stays in for at least one play. That isn't too much for you, is it? But then, we'd have to let the D rerespond, and so on. Actors, reactors, rereactors, rereactors rereacting to the preactors.

Maybe limit substitutions? If the O sends out three new guys, let the D send out up to three. Wait, though, the D shouldn't have an advantage, so if the D "over-substitutes" by sending in more players, then the O should be allowed to add players, that would be only fair, right? 

Or signal "ready". Yeah, there we go: let the HC on each sideline wave a flag, or maybe a large, colorful foam hand, when his (or her) team has reached a point of readiness, and then start the clocks. When one guy signals, the other guy has five seconds to respond and play may start.

In fairness to all involved, the HC shall designate a designated Signal Flag Handler, from a group including the HC him (or her) self, the official team Mascot, Band Major, or any sufficiently rude Yell Cheer Leader.

Help Me Randy Marsh GIF - Help Me Randy Marsh South Park - Discover & Share  GIFs

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Missed obvious 12 men on the field 

Now a video review

just when some exciting shit was starting to happen

23 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

The missed fumble recovery was embarrassing. This conference should be humiliated that this is the best they have to offer.

They’ve been showing it all game too because it’s the most exciting thing that’s happened the whole game lmao

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

12 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

the first play of the game was a mizzou stop behind the line

mizzou defender gets a little grunked

ref is up in his face chewing him out

GOODBYE YORMARK

Saw that too.  Ref ran right up and started lecturing the dude for absolutely no reason.

Good God is nice to see these fucks in the rear view.

• Hook 'Em 1