Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

22 hours ago, StrippersAndNobelPrizes said:

Not so bad tonight ? We still had more than DOUBLE the penalty yards. These fucktards will always total frauds. Glad Yormark got karmically bitchslapped on the Jumbotron tonight. Let’s see who the crew is next week.

top-men-indiana-jones.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, C-Man said:

It was bad while it was still a game. If memory serves, we had four calls against us in the first quarter vs zero for Tech. ABC showed the a graphic that pointed out Texas had already surpassed its season average penalty yards with just under 11 mins left in the first half.

Finally re-watching the game now. Even the announcer commented that that was the only thing keeping Tceh in the game.

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 1

Rig12 blames us and rigs games for OU with their calls/no calls, but still only slightly angry at OU.   

Many of us predicted this shit years ago when it was announced because the pattern was already there.  It is just more obvious now because of the noise created.  More people paying attention is good.   OU was gifted that game.   again.

Edited by Nivek
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

But this is an interesting thread....click the tweet and read.

since the tweet doesnt really explain what those numbers mean, here it is in plain English.

There are 133 FBS teams in 2023.

Texas is ranked 131. Meaning there are only 2 other fucking teams (Tulane & Navy) that average fewer penalty yards called aganist their opponent. 

we averaged getting only 35.2 yards a game called against our opponents. 

Georgia 38.8 yards

Bama 39 yards

Oregon 43.7 yards

and #1 on the list, getting 75.8 yards a game called against their opponents:  Aggy

in 2022 we were 105 out of 131

in 2021 were were 127 out of 130 (and we sucked in 2021)

in 2020 is the lone outlier  55 out of 127

in 2019 we were 116 out of 130

its basically saying that in 4 of the last 5 years, were were in the top 20% of teams whose opponents played close to a mistake-free game

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 3
  • Prepare your anus 1

42 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

since the tweet doesnt really explain what those numbers mean, here it is in plain English.

Texas is ranked 131. Meaning there are only 2 other fucking teams (Tulane & Navy) that average fewer penalty yards called aganist their opponent. 

Georgia 38.8 yards

Bama 39 yards

Oregon 43.7 yards

and #1 on the list, getting 75.8 yards a game called against their opponents:  Aggy

its basically saying that in 4 of the last 5 years, were were in the top 20% of teams whose opponents played close to a mistake-free game

2020 was covid.  nobody gave a shit.

4 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Their thesis seems to be that refs let more play go on when big teams play.  They try to make it even, but this inevitably favors the worse team who has to hold/PI/etc to compete.  Many sports have a distinct style of "playoff officiating" so this shouldn't take a lot of convincing.

However, Texas is the most penalized B12 team this year so it doesn't apply to us.

5 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

Georgia 38.8 yards

Bama 39 yards

Oregon 43.7 yards

I think it’s worse than that. The odds of being in the top 20% of that for 4 of those 5 years is probably incredibly low. Probably very few other teams in the same bit across that time span. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, CHEF RIBS W/ THE HAMM YALL said:

I think it’s worse than that. The odds of being in the top 20% of that for 4 of those 5 years is probably incredibly low. Probably very few other teams in the same bit across that time span. 

With multiple coaches. That is, one coach could have a super sloppy team, but it’s extremely unlikely that two consecutive HCs would. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

Georgia 38.8 yards

Bama 39 yards

Oregon 43.7 yards

May be a little rusty on my stats but given that penalties called against opponents SHOULD be a normal distribution (but may not be based on the best teams always being at the bottom) , isn’t the chance we end up in the bottom 20% (that is being nice - we’re in the bottom 3% twice) four times something like .16%? If so, one hell of a statistical anomaly- we’re just lucky as hell I guess - our opponent always plays such a clean game! No bias here!

• Hook 'Em 1

They have always built up this narrative in their head about perceived arrogance and entitlement, because they couldn’t or wouldn’t account for their own insecurities.

It is why something like 11 or 12 schools considered Texas a rival, and Texas couldn’t understand. Those other schools bonded on their inferiority complex.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

This is what the KSU president, Jon Wefald, stated in 1999:
"Indeed, this coming Saturday, we are the underdog to the University of Texas. Outside of Texas, very few people cheer for the Longhorns because the University of Texas represents in most people's minds incredible wealth and arrogance. Many Texans believe that the world begins and ends with Texas."
I didn’t think much of it at the time, but I think this really captures what the Big 8 schools thought, and I think this is the Big XII office’s attitude 

We proved them wrong in the “Apple turnover” game.

4 hours ago, Nivek said:

They have always built up this narrative in their head about perceived arrogance and entitlement, because they couldn’t or wouldn’t account for their own insecurities.

It is why something like 11 or 12 schools considered Texas a rival, and Texas couldn’t understand. Those other schools bonded on their inferiority complex.

Is it a complex if it's true?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jiminez said:

Looks like the Big 12 refs hate a lot of Big 12 teams about as much as they hate UT.

image.png.158b4609f5e90d15579a597ac01ef4e7.png

Except we’ve shown the math on calls against us and against our opponents when playing us. We get the most penalties and our opponents get called the least when playing us. 

• Hook 'Em 5

27 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Except we’ve shown the math on calls against us and against our opponents when playing us. We get the most penalties and our opponents get called the least when playing us. 

don't underestimate penalties like hands to the face in the endzone instead of a hold and safety.

i still cannot believe that was a thing that happened. 

the thing is, the big xii has been fixing games for years and years and years. they've gotten pretty good at it, even calling garbage time holding against outmatched opponents so there isn't a big 0 next to holding penalties

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

6 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

don't underestimate penalties like hands to the face in the endzone instead of a hold and safety.

i still cannot believe that was a thing that happened. 

the thing is, the big xii has been fixing games for years and years and years. they've gotten pretty good at it, even calling garbage time holding against outmatched opponents so there isn't a big 0 next to holding penalties

The last part of your post was very evident the last two games, especially last week when finally an opposing team got called for holding.   The fact that one penalty almost never got called on an opponent  this season going up against a top defensive line is mind boggling.  I guess it would be if one really didn’t know what was going on.

Edited by Nueces River Rat

14 hours ago, Jiminez said:

Looks like the Big 12 refs hate a lot of Big 12 teams about as much as they hate UT.

image.png.158b4609f5e90d15579a597ac01ef4e7.png

On 11/27/2023 at 2:32 PM, PvilleStang said:

At the end of the regular season:

image.thumb.png.a97e27a4a4bcc274da810d31435c1580.png

It's like there's stats out there that show us what in-conference games look like...  Not sure where the heck you're getting those numbers...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Again, this thread is for Big 12 stats.  So take out Alabama, Rice, Wyoming, and rerun those numbers, and you'll see it's a whole different look.  Texas goes from 4.6 penalties per game, down to 4.1 just using conference games.  

Conf only: (Games, Penalties, Yards, Average Yards / game)

image.png.185d547c09c495239837cff118f2b231.png

All: (Games, Penalties, Yards, Average Yards / game)

image.png.8f394b71706eaf2be41f1f62080f46c5.png

So using a little extrapolation, for the additional 3 games, our opponents were flagged 18 more times, or an average of 6 flags per game.  6 opponent penalties puts us roughly in the higher to middle part of the stats according to TeamRanking:

image.png.5940ab3225942bca3084b3a3e488fc41.png

But using the overall season average, we drop to 124, but our Big 12 average would put us roughly 129-130 if we had 100% conference games. So tell me there's no influence from the conference refs again...

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, PvilleStang said:

Again, this thread is for Big 12 stats.  So take out Alabama, Rice, Wyoming, and rerun those numbers, and you'll see it's a whole different look.  Texas goes from 4.6 penalties per game, down to 4.1 just using conference games.  

Conf only: (Games, Penalties, Yards, Average Yards / game)

image.png.185d547c09c495239837cff118f2b231.png

All: (Games, Penalties, Yards, Average Yards / game)

image.png.8f394b71706eaf2be41f1f62080f46c5.png

So using a little extrapolation, for the additional 3 games, our opponents were flagged 18 more times, or an average of 6 flags per game.  6 opponent penalties puts us roughly in the higher to middle part of the stats according to TeamRanking:

image.png.5940ab3225942bca3084b3a3e488fc41.png

But using the overall season average, we drop to 124, but our Big 12 average would put us roughly 129-130 if we had 100% conference games. So tell me there's no influence from the conference refs again...

You’re explaining something to a fan of another school who really isn’t interested in the facts. He just wants to say “Nuh uh!”

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

I don't know if it is systemic to the point of fixing games but the refs certainly have a bias against us that is allowed to impact games. We can show this from years of data.

And besides that, they just suck and manage to both let blatant penalties go for years while somehow also slowing games down and making themselves the stars of the show.

I won't miss them.

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, PvilleStang said:

It's like there's stats out there that show us what in-conference games look like...  Not sure where the heck you're getting those numbers...

In addition to one including OOC games while the other doesn't,  the first one is just looking at number of penalties.  The other one is yards.  Which further makes the point that our oppents aren't getting called for the bigger penalties like holding and PI despite going up against probably the best dline and best receivers in the conference.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I don't know if it is systemic to the point of fixing games but the refs certainly have a bias against us that is allowed to impact games. We can show this from years of data.

And besides that, they just suck and manage to both let blatant penalties go for years while somehow also slowing games down and making themselves the stars of the show.

I won't miss them.

Over the long weekend I finally had plenty of time, and watched a lot of games from other conferences.  It's amazing the contrast between how quick an SEC or B1G-reffed game moves along, compared to the B12.  Reviews that take a few moments on obvious calls for other conferences, take 5 minutes for the B12 buffoons to figure out.  It's eye-opening.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

The last part of your post was very evident the last two games, especially last week when finally an opposing team got called for holding.   The fact that one penalty almost never got called on an opponent  this season going up against a top defensive line is mind boggling.  I guess it would be if one really didn’t know what was going on.

It's OK, one of the best D-lines in cfb is getting the 'average' number of sacks vs opponents.  So, I guess it must be fair.  /OSUJEFF 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Over the long weekend I finally had plenty of time, and watched a lot of games from other conferences.  It's amazing the contrast between how quick an SEC or B1G-reffed game moves along, compared to the B12.  Reviews that take a few moments on obvious calls for other conferences, take 5 minutes for the B12 buffoons to figure out.  It's eye-opening.

I also noticed in the SEC games, Mizzou and Arky had players ejected for throwing punches.  Alabama/Auburn did not.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Nivek said:

It's OK, one of the best D-lines in cfb is getting the 'average' number of sacks vs opponents.  So, I guess it must be fair.  /OSUJEFF 

I have a feeling @oSuJeff97 intends to go out in a blaze of glory this weekend. He can’t be objective and is just really another Ir8 fan with an inferiority complex. It’s sad to see. 

On 11/27/2023 at 4:41 PM, AUS-97HORN said:

Georgia 38.8 yards

Bama 39 yards

Oregon 43.7 yards

Reading this made me understand terrorism better. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, utee94 said:

I agree the B12 reviews are wayyy too long, but the funny thing is that they are pretty good about correcting obvious, dumbass on the field calls by the refs. More often than not, they have helped us this year.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/27/2023 at 12:30 PM, BurntOrange&White said:

I suppose Smax and Stassney will try and refut the data.

I've literally talked about one gif you gigantic fucking pussy. Keep up the little brother aggy mentality bitching about penalties.

Of course, say nothing just neg 

Edited by StassneyHorn
  • Fuck You 7