Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

Why is looked in quotes? WTF does he mean by that? Why not provide something of substance besides this vague nonsense? Why is being four loss teams at home something that "looked" better than beating Bama on the road?

This is the exact logic he used to justify voting against Vince. He just made some shit up that made no sense. You couldn't even defend it, because there was no logic by Bohls to defend.

Bohls trying his damnedest to not come off as a homer. He's succumbing to the "eye test" phenomenon.

38 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

For reference, OSU games from 2014 to present:

0965623A-452A-4AB2-B929-C11D201C9B23.jpeg.43425b7ac2b7d46891262e462afb9841.jpeg

Dammit. I just made this spreadsheet myself except I went back to 2013 to make it a 10-season look. Oklahoma State leads the series 7-3. In those 10 games, the penalties are: Texas 91-805, Oklahoma State 54-506. Twice as many penalties on Texas for 300 more yards (30 Y/G).

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, AUS-97HORN said:

thats what we need Kirk to be doing for us... but NOOOOOO

he "thinks" Oregon looks better....

He has never shilled for us. Unlike pretty much any sportswriter in a college town anywhere else in America.

Can you imagine a writer in Knoxville, BCS, Des Moines, or Omaha doing that to their market school? Absolutely not. Yet Kurt has done it to us many times. I am sure he wonders why he is so hated.

Kurt, I know you're reading this. This is why we despise you...

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

7 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

thats what we need Kirk to be doing for us... but NOOOOOO

he "thinks" Oregon looks better....

They do.  The managed to generate 8 more points in a gritty fight against an up an coming Texas Tech team that was poised in the off-season to make a huge splash within the conference.  Texas only managed a 50 point margin of victory against a hapless rudderless texas tech squad which didn't look like they even wanted to be there.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

6 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

He has never shilled for us. Unlike pretty much any sportswriter in a college town anywhere else in America.

He doesn't have to shill for us, I mean it would be nice when it is deserved but whatever, just be fair and explain yourself. You are a professional sports writer. Maybe convince me why Reggie Bush, Florida/OU, and Oregon deserve to be ranked higher than our guys. Instead he just gives what sounds like excuses.

And maybe stick by your opinions and not whine and cry and apologize later for not seeing the obvious.

• Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Nivek said:

They do.  The managed to generate 8 more points in a gritty fight against an up an coming Texas Tech team that was poised in the off-season to make a huge splash within the conference.  Texas only managed a 50 point margin of victory against a hapless rudderless texas tech squad which didn't look like they even wanted to be there.  

They lost to the only team on their schedule with less than four losses. Truly the "look" of the best team in the country.

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

48 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

Kirk has never liked Texas, and every veiled-compliment made about Texas was back-handed.

Kirk isn't man-enough to admit he hates Texas and will always hate Texas.

And yet the AD still gives him access. Maybe that should be rethought over the off-season. After all, they would simply be helping him align with his conscience.

46 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

Really? Because if they lined up and played every Saturday from now until the starting qb from FSU comes back, Oregon wins.

You don't know shit.  You have an opinion.   But the fact is FSU has 0 losses as of today.   That may change.  This type of bullshit reasoning is why we kept getting the Alabama mulligans and the OU mulligan in the BCS era.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Fucking Bowels argues that they’d be undefeated if not for some questionable coaching calls. Yeah shithead, we’d be undefeated if the officials called a face mask on Worthy on the goal line. Fuck those arguments and look at the resume.

Doesn't fit Jack-off Bohls template......

4 hours ago, PvilleStang said:

Big 12 might be below the Big10 this year.  Big 12 has OU and Texas, Big 10 has tOSU, Michigan, PSU, and a few others that are somewhat relevant.  

nope  Big 10 and ACC are lowest.  Big 12 is actually second/close with Pac12 in conference SOS.

53 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

It is almost as if we said that would happen. Fuck Brett Yormark and the Rig 12.

this actually has been going on for a while.  I laugh at all the johnny come lately's.  they've been avoiding calling holding and DPI on our opponents for years.  

They also have done it with the roughing/targeting the QB.  Sam got slammed twice with helmet to helmet in one OU game.  no calls.  OSU QB gets barely touched in the 2015 game and gotta call it.

Personal fouls/unsportsmanlike too.  remember the Guns Down?

This has all been happening since Mack and DeLoss left.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, BachelorTrek said:

Kirk has never liked Texas, and every veiled-compliment made about Texas was back-handed.

Cause we won, at the 'shoe, at night.  No OCC opponent does that.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

this actually has been going on for a while.  I laugh at all the johnny come lately's.  they've been avoiding calling holding and DPI on our opponents for years.  

They also have done it with the roughing/targeting the QB.  Sam got slammed twice with helmet to helmet in one OU game.  no calls.  OSU QB gets barely touched in the 2015 game and gotta call it.

Personal fouls/unsportsmanlike too.  remember the Guns Down?

This has all been happening since Mack and DeLoss left.

The fuckery was happening before, but the team was better.   See TT-UT, 2008 and the lack of holding calls including the choke holds by one team, and to be really fucked up they called Texas for holding just as a form of mockery during that game IIRC. 

• Rage+1 2

3 hours ago, BachelorTrek said:

He doesn’t hate Texas. He just really, really doesn’t want to be seen as a “homer”. He desires that his press box fellow journalists view him as an impartial writer. To support that, he is extra critical of Texas, the hometown team. 

It’s too bad that he is a mediocre enough writer that his press box mates assume he is a homer anyway, and assume he is telling the truth when he speaks the worst about Texas and Longhorn players. 

9 minutes ago, statsman said:

He doesn’t hate Texas. He just really, really doesn’t want to be seen as a “homer”. He desires that his press box fellow journalists view him as an impartial writer. To support that, he is extra critical of Texas, the hometown team. 

It’s too bad that he is a mediocre enough writer that his press box mates assume he is a homer anyway, and assume he is telling the truth when he speaks the worst about Texas and Longhorn players. 

If he doesn't hate Texas, there is no effective difference between that and whatever this is.  He is always so snarky and insulting to Texas, every chance he gets.  And he looks for reasons NOT to vote for Texas.... IN ANYTHING.

Screw him.

46 minutes ago, Nivek said:

The fuckery was happening before, but the team was better.   See TT-UT, 2008 and the lack of holding calls including the choke holds by one team, and to be really fucked up they called Texas for holding just as a form of mockery during that game IIRC. 

And that holding led to a pick 6 on next play.  Wasn’t close to holding.  

1 minute ago, utee94 said:

And they allowed such egregious holding, uncalled, that eventually Orakpo got injured and left the game because of it.  It's not only petty and bullshit, it's fucking dangerous. 

That was the Pirate too.  He started a lot of that at OU when he was OC there.  Just fucking hold.  they will only call it 1 or 2 times a game max(unless you are Texas).

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, dcar00 said:

That was the Pirate too.  He started a lot of that at OU when he was OC there.  Just fucking hold.  they will only call it 1 or 2 times a game max(unless you are Texas).

The Bama game in Austin was a real eye opener.  I think they had 15 flags but it should have been 30. Hold every play, interfere on every pass, take cheap shots at every opportunity, grab facemasks ...hell they got QB1 out of the game for an 18 inch penalty after he'd throw for 134 yards in a quarter. 

And in the 4th quarter they got away with all that shit I listed above to pull the game out. If we got a single one of those calls in the 4th the game probably ends differently..

• Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, BachelorTrek said:

Take the fucking L, Kirk, just like your shitty newspaper takes the L year after year:

Daily print circulation was 26,455 in 2022 — down from 136,980 in 2010

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, statsman said:

Good grief.    He can be half as impartial and still have credibility with his pack of fellow journalists.      If you want to take a look at a real talking point regenerator disguised as newspaper journalist,  Brent Zwimerman who writes for the Houston Chronicle is that type. He just runs with whatever Bjork and the AD Dept or Billy at TexAgs feeds him.  

On 11/30/2023 at 4:21 PM, Frank Drebin said:

And that holding led to a pick 6 on next play.  Wasn’t close to holding.  

The bullshit calls in the 2009 B12 title game also comes to mind.  The fake chop block where Suh went untouched.   And backed our offense up more.  

Edited by Nivek
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Dennis Taylor said:

The Bama game in Austin was a real eye opener.  I think they had 15 flags but it should have been 30. Hold every play, interfere on every pass, take cheap shots at every opportunity, grab facemasks ...hell they got QB1 out of the game for an 18 inch penalty after he'd throw for 134 yards in a quarter. 

And in the 4th quarter they got away with all that shit I listed above to pull the game out. If we got a single one of those calls in the 4th the game probably ends differently..

Their two long TD runs were from clear and obvious holds (IIRC) on the right side of their line.   No call.   The safety where Bryce Young was sacked in the Endzone, hit the the turf multiple times and the refs threw flags against Texas, and they tried to call it targeting or something.   It was straight fuckery.    

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Dennis Taylor said:

If they would have simply called the safety correctly, we wouldn't be talking about this. Oh well, we fixed that on the flip side at least.

10 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

If they would have simply called the safety correctly, we wouldn't be talking about this. Oh well, we fixed that on the flip side at least.

Yeah Obviously the safety was the obvious fuck job in that game. But a hold on Youngs scramble, or PI on the pass to Sanders, or the ignored facemask etc were all crucial non-calls 

10 hours ago, BachelorTrek said:

My dad struck up a conversation with him at Mueller Airport 30+ years ago. Not sure how it exactly went, but my dad swore Kunt said he was a huge Texas fan. Not buying it for one second. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
Past tense. R.I.P. Dad.

1 hour ago, statsman said:

At the time, didn’t the announcer (Joel Klatt?) say that the way they called it, review really couldn’t fix it? And the review result (Bama keeping the ball but punting) was kind of bogus but the best they could do in review to unfuck it?

I didn’t understand that explanation either.   Especially since the same conference Refs at one time penalized us via a review for a spot or something  a few years ago.   Maybe I’ve missed it, but I haven’t seen or heard a team since then getting flagged in such a fashion.  

Only two more days until we say adios to these corrupt clowns. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, statsman said:

Well he is vicious and sarcastic when the team sucks and downplays and minimizes what they do when they are good. He isn't fair or impartial at all.

7 hours ago, statsman said:

This post jogged my memory about my dad’s conversation. My dad commented on how much aggy dick Suzanne Halliburton sucked as the aggy beat writer. KB’s response was that he was just as big a fan of Texas, just not the glory hole part. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor